Chapter 20

Fate

“Mommy? Daddy?” Sungkyu felt someone shake him awake.

 

He opened his small eyes and slowly looked around the room. After recognizing where he was, he looked down to find his young boy looking at him with puzzled eyes. He looked to his side and realized that he had fallen asleep with you in his arms, and the events of the past night crowded his mind.

 

He brought his fingers to his lips and whispered, “Shush, don’t wake mommy up.”

 

The little boy nodded and sat beside him, “Is mommy sick?”

 

“No, she’s just really tired.” Sungkyu shook his head as he brought his free arm around his son.

 

Minho smiled, “Next time, can I sleep with the both of you?”

 

Sungkyu laughed, “Of course.” He tapped his little arm, “Do you have school today?”

 

Minho shook his head, “No daddy. I can stay home all day with you and mommy!”

 

“Do you really want to do that?” Sungkyu smirked.

 

The little boy hesitated, and then once again shook his head. The two men laugh as you slowly stirred in your sleep, “Good morning.” You heard a whisper as you slowly rubbed your eyes.

 

“Mommy! You’re up!” you heard Minho’s voice as he moved over to Sungkyu’s lap.

 

You rubbed your eyes and smiled at your little boy, “Good morning sweetie.” You took a small peek at Sungkyu and looked away as you blushed.

 

You weren’t fast enough though, because Sungkyu laughed, “Hey Minho why don’t you change out of your pajamas?” he said to the little boy.

 

Minho gave you a small peck on the cheek then hopped off Sungkyu’s lap as he skipped off to his room. You immediately sat up straight and tried to stand up, but Sungkyu didn’t let you.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” he said as he pulled you back to the couch and swung his arm around you.

 

“I…I uh…I wanted to go change and yeah.”

 

He laughed, “Why bother? Did you have a good sleep last night?”

 

This time you scoffed, “No. My back is killing me.”

 

“Maybe next time we’ll sleep on your bed then.” he smirked.

 

“Whoa there mister, one step at a time.” You blushed as you looked away.

 

Sungkyu couldn’t help but chuckle at your reactions, you were still incredibly cute and it was as if you didn’t grow up or change at all even if you were a mother now.

 

You felt his hand caress your hair as he leaned your head into his shoulder, “I should stay here more often though, right?”

 

You inhaled and smelled his familiar scent, the one you loved smelling against you and slowly nodded, “We should still take it slowly though.”

 

“Yes. Alright, slowly.” You could feel him smile as he gave you a soft kiss on your forehead.

 

“I’m done!” Minho screamed as he ran back from his room and hopped on Sungkyu’s lap once again.

 

The both of you laughed, “I’m guessing you’re hungry, aren’t you?”

 

Minho smiled and nodded his head, “Why don’t we go out and get some breakfast? I know a good spot.” Sungkyu asked his little boy.

 

“Yes! Yes!” his son replied as he held onto his dad’s hand.

 

“I should go get ready then.” You poked your son’s stomach and walked to your room to go change.

 

 

“Mommy, help!” he said as he pushed his plate over to you.

 

“Here, I’ll help you.” Gyu smiled as he took the plate and gently started spreading butter on his loaf of bread.

 

“Thanks, Gyu.” You smiled at him as you took a bite out of your French toast, “So you always go here?”

 

He nodded, “My sister likes the food here.”

 

“Right. Sister. How’s she doing?” you asked him as he handed the plate back to your son.

 

“She’s good, busy businesswoman.” He laughed at ate his own toast, “Where do you want to go after breakfast, Minho?”

 

The little boy tapped his fingers on the table for a while, “Have you been to the aquarium daddy?”

 

“The place with all those fish? You want to go there?” he asked his son.

 

“Again, Minho?” you rolled your eyes and giggled.

 

“Yes mommy! Daddy’s coming with us this time!” The boy clapped happily.

 

You look over at Sungkyu, “So what do you think mister?”

 

He smiled, “It’s a great idea. I like fish. Especially eating them.” He poked Minho’s stomach.

 

“You can’t eat the big sharks daddy!” Minho giggled.

 

“Oh you just watch me.”

 

 

“Daddy! Daddy! Look!” Minho pointed excitedly at a group of fish that was swimming fastly through the aquarium, “It’s Nemo! Nemo!”

 

Sungkyu smiled at his little boy, “And that over there is Dory, right?” The little boy nodded and you laughed, earning a glare from him, “Hey, what’s so funny!”

 

You shook your head, “It’s just that, you guys are so cute.”

 

“Aren’t we?”

 

You rolled your eyes, “Yeah some badass you were, watching Finding Nemo and stuff.” You stuck your tongue out.

 

“Hey! Finding Nemo is a necessity! It’s a really good movie and I am still a badass.”

 

“You were a badass.”

 

“I still am breaking the rules now.” He leaned in close to you as you blushed.

 

“What’s a badass?” Minho suddenly asked as he looked at the two of you.

 

You pushed his chest away from you and pouted, “It’s a bad word, don’t say it again. Mommy shouldn’t have said that.” You smiled at the little boy and pat his head, “Let’s go look at the sharks.” Minho happily took your hand and walked by your side. Sungkyu followed shortly behind.

 

The three of you arrived at the center of the aquarium where a huge tank was sitting right in the center of the building. Families were gathered all around the tank, taking pictures and some even having picnics on the floor. Minho grabbed his father’s hand and took him closer to the glass.

 

“Look daddy, they’re huge!” Minho excitedly pointed towards the sharks that were swimming inside the tank.

 

Sungkyu looked up in awe, he has always enjoyed looking at fishes ever since he was a child, “Wow.” he nodded his head, impressed.

 

“See daddy, I bet you can’t handle one of those!” Minho giggled and reached up, signaling that he wanted to be carried by Sungkyu.

 

You watched him smile as he picked his little boy up, “I’d do it if you wanted it.” He ruffled the boy’s hair as you stepped closer towards them.

 

“And I’d laugh as you drowned.” You poked his cheek, earning another glare from him.

 

He clucked his tongue, “Admit it, you want me to do it for you.”

 

“Yeah I would, but only because it would be a great show for me and Minho.” You stuck your tongue out.

 

He laughed and reached out to hold your hand, which you obliged to, “Baby steps.” He smiled at you, causing you to blush.

 

The rest of the day was spent pleasantly as the three of you walked around the aquarium, all smiles as a family. Your hand was kept in Sungkyu’s for the rest of the day, even after you left the aquarium. You could tell your son was really happy today by the grin plastered on his face. The three of you decided to buy some cotton candy on the way home.

 

“Daddy we should do this more often.”

 

“Go to the aquarium and wrestle sharks?”

 

Minho giggled as he nodded and ate his cotton candy. The boy walked in light steps in front of the two of you.

 

You looked at him, “Thanks for today…and for last night.” You shot him an appreciative smile.

 

“The pleasure’s all mine.” He tightened his hold on your hand.

 

The three of you continued to walk home together when suddenly Sungkyu froze and let go of your hand. His eyes narrowed as he looked towards a figure walking towards him.

 

“Who is it?” you asked eyeing the woman, as she got closer.

 

He scowled, “My mother.”