Chapter 19

Fate

“So what did you want to talk about?” he asked you as he sat down on his couch.

 

You shrugged, “Us…I guess.” You avoided his eyes as you sat down next to him.

 

He smiled, “What about us?”

 

“I don’t know how I feel about you Gyu.” You sighed and leaned back.

 

He looked at you, “But I know how I feel about you.”

 

“How am I supposed to believe that?”

 

This time, he sighed, “I never lie to you, you know that.”

 

“That’s quite hard to believe after being alone for so long.” You stared at him.

 

He looked at you with sorry eyes, “I really am sorry. But you have to believe that I’ve always been in love with you.”

 

“I know you were in love with me.”

 

“Well I still am.”

 

“I just-,” you paused, “I’m not sure whether or not I still do love you. And even if we give “us” a shot, I don’t know whether or not I’m ready for that…”

 

His hand reached out to you and cupped your cheek, “May I kiss you?”

 

You looked at his eyes. You would’ve opposed directly to the idea if your heart weren’t beating like crazy in your chest. You couldn’t deny that a part of you wanted to feel your lips against his again. You wanted to feel the safety he provided in his arms.

 

You nodded slowly and the next thing you noticed was his lips moving against yours. You felt like you should push him away, but you couldn’t, because you didn’t want to.  No matter how much you tried to force him away from you, you only found yourself encircling your own arms around his neck. Your feelings for him surfaced immediately. The love you have buried for this man deep in your heart has now come out of hiding, and you fear that it’s going to stay.

 

He pulled away after a few minutes and held your face in his hands, “How do you feel about me now?”

 

“I…” you started as your breathing slowed down, “I just can’t say it, Gyu. Not now. I don’t want to go too fast.” You leaned into his touch.

 

He smiled at you and held you in his arms, “You don’t have to. We’ll do this slowly.”

 

“I’m scared.”

 

“Of what?”

 

“Giving into you.” You felt a tear escape your eye.

 

He caressed your hair, “I’m not going anywhere this time, I promise.”

 

You sighed and turned your face towards his chest. You breathed in his familiar scent, a scent you have missed for years. You felt protected in his arms and it was as if everything had fallen into place. But in reality you knew that a life with him will be hard, it’ll be as if the world turns upside down.

 

“Do you want me to stay here tonight?” he asked you as he kissed your forehead.

 

You nodded slowly and shut your eyes, falling into a deep slumber.

 

“I love you.” You heard just before you escaped into your dreams.