Magic Bookshop.

A Not So Fairytale Ending

"So where was the love of your life's party again?" I teased Baekhyun as I opened the door to reveal the outside world. Baekhyun scowled as he saw me, clearly annoyed by my greeting. But it was definitely true. He had a crush on Baerin since we were little. And till now, he hasn't told her nor acted on his feelings. I advised him a long time ago, when we were still freshmen, but he wouldn't budge. He said he'd rather love her secretly than destroy what they had now. Which was none to be honest. Baekhyun and Baerin. Sounds cute, huh?

Bleh.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and leaned forward as to not lean on the scooter that he parked in front of my house. I sighed and held onto the bars of the gate, seeing the design of the scooter that he has been using since the start of high school.

"Get on the bike, Googi."

"Okay one, that's a freaking scooter. And two, you still didn't tell me why you chose a Dora the Explorer out of all the scooters in the shop," I replied back smartly, a smirk forming on my face as I let go of the bars, walking towards Baekhyun. He sighed and looked up at the sky with a dreamy face.

"To whoever's up there, please tell Googi to shut up."

"Oh hush. Do you really want Baerin to see you riding on that? Much less with a girl?" I countered him again, giggling at how frustrated he looks. He's one of the people who can put up with my constant teasing and rudeness. People immediately drift away when I make a small but mean comment about them, but Baekhyun had proved that there are people that could tolerate me, and it was actually nice to have someone by your side, even if it's a boy.

Baekhyun sighed as I looked up at him, flashing him the most angelic smile I can muster, that was sarcastic at the same time. I really like annoying him. There will probably be a day where he will finally give up on me and end our friendship. He'll-

"Hey Goo Soojung, stop thinking that you can drive me away from you. You're my best friend. And I am yours. So get on the Dora or she'll go Boots on you," Baekhyun scolded playfully, a smile tugging on his lips. I laughed lightly, shaking my head as I hopped on the scooter. Maybe that day, when Baekhyun will go, will never come. I guess I'm thankful to have such a dork.

Baekhyun swung his leg over on the other side, placing his hand on the handle bars and pulling it inwards to start the engine. I automatically wrapped my arms around his waist, laying my head on his back as the wind started to blow against us. It was starting to get cold, and I already wished I brought a warmer jacket than my school jacket. The engine started as Baekhyun glanced over his shoulder, meeting my eyes with his. We stared at each other in silence, none of us saying a word before he lowered his eyes and muttered,

"Not too tight. I can't breathe."

I blinked as I realized my grip around Baekhyun's waist was indeed too tight. I already felt the hard and toned muscles underneath the grey fitted t-shirt he wore, a black denim jacket to cover it up. I coughed and looked away awkwardly. It wasn't that I liked him. We've been friends for eight years now, and I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship. He's the only one I've got.

Baekhyun finally got the message and looked back forward as I let out a sigh of relief, staring at his back. My arms were still wrapped around him, but not too tight for him to comment on. He finally stepped on the gas pedal and we drove away.

"WAIT! BACON!"

"WHAT?!"

"WE FORGOT TO WEAR HELMETS!"

"...THEY'RE DORA AND BOOTS PRINTED!"

"SERIOUSLY, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

After stopping again to open the seat/compartment and getting out our helmets, we rode again on the scooter. Baekhyun started to pass through houses, the white houses in the neighborhood until we passed by Baerin's house. There was a party, as I was informed by the gossipers in the school. Music blasted so loudly that we could hear it from the scooter. Suddenly, the scooter slowed down, but Baekhyun continued driving. I smirked and looked at my best friend. He was obviously awestruck at how Baerin threw a party. Indeed, it was something to fawn over.

She invites a lot of bands to play, her parents are always out, Soju and beer were always present and the hottest girls and guys of the school were there. Now that's a party, and Baerin made sure to throw a party like that every weekend. Baekhyun was invited several times, but declined. He kept on saying that it was better if he knew the 'real' Baerin instead of the party girl Baerin.

Which to me, is bullcrap because if you love someone, you have to love all of their imperfections.

Well, right? Isn't that true love?

Ugh, I need to read more romantic books and less of watching Sword Art Online that doesn't have that much romance.

Baekhyun finally passed by Baerin's house and we continued our journey to the bookshop. The wind was pleasant against my face. Sure, it was cold and bit at my ears, but at least it proved to me that I could feel something. And besides, it was cool. Who else gets wind whipped on a Dora the Explorer patterned scooter?

We passed by a lot of people and high end shops, Baekhyun taking the both of us further into Seoul. We wove our way pretty well through the crowd, but I do admit we almost ran over a cat. After a few minutes of silence (except the roar of the engine) I finally started a conversation.

"So bacon, how'd you learn about this bookshop? Last time I checked, you were in love with Anime, not books," I asked curiously, snuggling closer to his back as the wind got stronger, making me shiver involuntarily. Baekhyun smiled and glanced over his shoulder, which I scowled at. A second that he doesn't look at the road gives me as second to worry we'll get crushed by a huge truck. That I sincerely hope isn't Barbie patterned this time.

"My friend's girlfriend's cousin told me about it. She said it was a newly opened bookshop and that we should check it out because her friend's mother's aunt works there," Baekhyun explained as I tried to blink away the sudden drowsiness. Try figuring out who the hell told Baekhyun about the darn bookshop, because I am not thinking about his friend's girlfriend's cousin's mother's aunt.

We sharply rounded the corner, and we stopped in front of a brown signage that said, "MABEOB SEOJEOM" which translates to, "Magic Bookshop" . I snorted at the sign, unwrapping my arms from Baekhyun's waist and getting of the Dora scooter.

"Ay, wait up- Oh wow, it is new. There isn't a bell above the door yet." Baekhyun clucked his tongue in agreement as he stood beside me, his arms crossed against his chest. I quirked an eyebrow at him as his eyes widened at me in fear.

"What?! All bookstores have that- YAH! Do you understand the word 'wait'?!"

I shook my head as I continued in the bookshop, Baekhyun following close behind. I grabbed a hold of the doorknob, and surprisingly, it was warm though it was exposed to the cold weather. I turned it and slowly pushed it, opening the door as quietly as I could. I poked my head in, looking left and right for anyone. It really showed it was new.

"Aigoo, let me in Googi." Baekhyun opened the door wide and stepped inside, his sneakers making squeaking sounds as the stepped on the new floor, looking around. I closed the door and turned around to bask in the bookshop. For a newly opened store, it was already ready to start business. Books were neatly lined up on the shelves, and the counter was squeaky clean, except no one was manning it.

"Cool! They have the next volume of Sword Art Online! Man, I'm going to thank my friend's girlfriend's-"

"Dude! Don't even go there," I scolded quickly, sighing as I poked through the bookmarks that were hanging on the counter.

"Welcome to Magic Bookshop!"

"AH!' Baekhyun and I simultaneously shouted, me putting a hand over my heart to calm myself. I easily get surprised, and it was not an asset at all. Baekhyun on the other hand quickly recovered and put down the manga, going over to me and the lady on the counter. She looked middle-aged, in the 30's. She didn't look like those old librarians that will skin you alive if you put a dog-ear on one of their pages.

"Hello! So you're my friend's-"

"It's nice to meet you," I cut in curtly, throwing a warning look to Baekhyun as he stuck his tongue out at me. Hpmh. The lady on the other hand, smiled and nodded, showing off her nametag.

"Oh you must be Baekhyun! And this must be your girlfriend."

My eyes widened as I took a big step away from Baekhyun.

He just sighed and rested his elbows on the counter, blocking his mouth from my view but clearly stating, "I apologize. For well, her. She has problems."

"YAH!" I shouted before glaring at the annoying bacon. He just stuck out his tongue at me before winking.

Next time, I'm going to fry him.