Hello.

A Not So Fairytale Ending

I walked down the pavement, my hands in my coat pocket as my feet hit the pavement over and over again, pushing me forward. It was a sunny day, not too warm that it was uncomfortable. It was actually fine. The sun was merciful today unlike other days where it would scorch all living things. My face kept a blank expression as I turned the corner, seeing the village before me. Walking back home from school was a burden for me, to be honest.

I stopped walking, my feet making a scraping sound as I stood in place and looked at the houses that lay before me. They were all painted the same, which immediately made me think whoever made this village lacked originality and creativity. I mean, if you were going to build a village, wouldn't it be nice if it were Fruit Loops colored? But no. They decided white. The color of purity and other adjectives I don't care about.

I let out a sigh that I held in for so long. It was six in the evening already, and the sky was starting to darken, the evening stars starting to come out. It takes an hour from my school - Shin High - to get back home. Not only is it tiring to walk an hour to school, my parents won't give me a bike or some kind of transportation. We have two cars, one for mom and one for dad.

Yeah, we have no means of transportation whatsoever.

Oh, hello there. I'm Goo Soojung, daughter of Kim Minjung and Park Jooshin. They're my parents, while I have a younger brother who they spoil as if there was no tomorrow. Who couldn't resists his adorable eyes and puffy cheeks?

I continued down the path I was walking on, puckering my lips in a habit as I tried to let out a whistle. I never knew how to whistle, it was always hard to me to produce a note with whistling. While whistling, I enjoyed the walk to my house, for it was already near and it was already night. My backpack weighed me down, but it was alright. It was filled with schoolbooks, notebooks, a single black pen and crumpled notes. I liked my backpack. It was square and it had a floral design. It was my mother's before, and she passed it down to me while my younger brother got two new backpacks when he started schooling.

Totally no favoritism here.

"Move!" An urgent but nasally high voice interrupted my thoughts as I immediately jumped to my right, making way for anyone who wanted to pass. A bike rushed past me, a female rider on it. My mood turned sour as my blank expression finally turned into an annoyed one. Yoo Baerin. The neighborhood sweetheart. She was always biking around, giving sweets to children that pass her by and wave at boys who would ogle at her.

She sounds sweet, eh?

Heck no she's not.

I was friends with her when we were in middle school, and I knew how her attitude was then. She bullied girls into giving her their pretty hairclips and headbands. In high school, when she had her reputation established as the popular girl, she flaunted it and milked it for the whole four years. Oh, and she was still bullying, that girl Yoo Baerin.

As she biked past me, she threw me an arrogant look over her shoulder - quirked eyebrow, half smirk, the likes. She knew me, and she had secrets that I told her when we were young. Mostly consisted of thinking Barbie dolls were scary and that old ladies are grumpy old bats.

I watched her bike away, my feet automatically reaching my house. I stopped in front of the gate and looked at my house. It was white, like all the others. Except for one outstanding detail. Below my bedroom window was an orange stain. Last year, when I was so sick and tired of mistaking all the houses in the vicinity as mine, I bought paint and splashed it on the house, just to make it different.

Mom and dad were furious of course, who wouldn't be? The officials were involved, but since my parents but the house legally, it was their problem, not the official's. I received a week long punishment, consisting of me cleaning the whole house and taking care of my brother. But hey, it was worth it. Making the house I live in different, so that they would know that I wasn't just a plain girl.

Quite extraordinary words coming from the shyest girl in class, huh?

I looked down and glanced at my school I.D, grabbing the keys that clanked against it. I inserted it in the lock and twisted it, successfully getting inside and closing it. I removed my shoes and left it at the shoe rack before entering the household. Our house was medium-sized, the living room, kitchen and dining room in the first floor as the bedrooms were on the second. Not much but it was home.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" I called out as loudly as I can, scrunching my nose while removing my jacket. I hung it before checking the kitchen for some food - or people for that matter. I sighed when I saw the familiar sticky note that rested on the counter. I hopped on one of the stools and grabbed a banana, peeling it as I read their letter to me.

Hi sweetie, if you see this letter it means that me, your dad and little Jaehwan went for dinner. Samgyeopsal in the fridge. You can grill, right? Sleep early! Lots of love, Mom.

I picked it up, and without a second glance, crumpled it and threw it at the nearby trash bin. If she really 'loved me lots' she would wait for me and take me out with them. It was always like this. Like I wasn't part of this darn family. I rolled my eyes at the absurdity of it all and threw the banana peel away as well. I jogged up the stairs to my room, reaching it and entering, closing the door.

I collapsed on my bed, closing my eyes and mentally resting myself. It was relaxing when no one was here in the house. Just me, the cricket sounds outside, and my books. My books were basically my second family.

I never had any friends in school, so I started going to the library, and that's where my love for books started. I read a series of books, from Harry Potter to Percy Jackson. From Dear John to The Notebook. I loved adventure series best, because they can take me anywhere and I would forget all my problems, even for a couple of hours.

I sighed and my right side, ready to go to sleep for awhile in my school uniform when my phone rang.

"Now who could be texting a person like me?" I sarcastically said to myself as I took a deep breath, turning to my left side and grabbing my phone that was on the bedside table. My home screen showed that no other than Byun Baekhyun texted me.

Hey there, Googi. I'm outside. I saw Yoo Baerin hosting a party at her house. But that's not the point. Want to come to a newly opened bookstore with me? It has a cafe as well.

I laughed lightly, a smile forming on my face. As much as I detest Yoo Baerin, Byun Baekhyun is in love with her. Who's Byun Baekhyun? Let's just say he's an annoying bacon.

Alright. And no, you don't have a chance with Baerin, so deal with it. Sure, be there in five seconds, bacon. 


First chapter up! Hoped you guys liked it c: