But I can't help,

Wise Men Say.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why is Kris such a town idiot in EXO showtime? Why did he purposely made himself look like an abnormal moron in international television? Did he know that it will go viral?

 

Long story.

 

Li Jiaheng or more commonly known as Wu Yifan or Kris nowadays, is not entirely what he seems. He was not the quirky idiotic man that fumbles around and makes a fool out of himself in any given situations. No. Wu Yifan is a rather serious man. Born in a Chinese family with the ideals of a perfect asian in a westerners’ world, he was molded to be feared, to be bowed down, to have the characteristics of a leader should have. He was born to simply be on top of all of them and won’t take no for an answer. That was one of the reasons why the boys in EXO M was so apprehensive, constrained, and stiff. They had what it seems to be Chairman Mao’s direct descendant as a leader, it wasn’t that hard to crack.

 

He was the perfect leader. Kris although he has a heart, he was still vehement. He has the face and the voice to support that as well. All of EXO would bow down entirely when he speaks, with the exception of Luhan and Minseok, but still even the two eldest respected him. He would roar and the rest would shut up for an entire week if he wants, he would beat them and make sure whatever wrong they did will never happen.

 

He maintained an image that made him seem bigger than life, an image that made him the one that people has to look up to, an image of collected calm. It has been like that ever since he was still a child.

 

“You have to excel in whatever it is you’re doing. Be the leader, be the best.” He remembered his mother said. “Be cold, because that is what leaders do.”

 

And that was what he was ever told to do. Growing up, all he did was pushing himself away from people, always deeming them unworthy and stepping all over them. Because he was raised to be on top and his mind was molded to think that everyone else is just below him and the one who’s on top are just pillars waiting to be crushed. An adonis who has a totalitarian complex, never sparing any thought to anyone, always alone on top of it all.

 

So you’ll fathom this fact clearly, that Kris hated a boy named Kim Junmyeon at the first mention of the younger being the leader of all of EXO. In fact, he hated the younger with a passion with every fibre being of himself. This was not the reality that Kris wanted nor was is one of the possible outcome that he have been predicting.

 

“Hello. I’m Kim Junmyeon, but call me Suho.” He remembered the boy introducing himself, extending his hand for a handshake with Kris, in which the older didn’t reply.

 

He hated Suho with a burning passion, thinking that the young boy was incompetent and unqualified to be leader of eleven hormonal teenagers and man-childs. He was fine if it were to be Minseok, but Suho was really the epitome of Kris frustrations towards the SM management. He didn’t understand why SM chose the younger boy as a leader. He remembered back then that he would dismiss the poor boy at his every attempt to converse with the cold Chinaman, he always remembered the rejected and somber expression that the younger had and tried to cover whenever Kris ignores him, most of all he remembers feeling happy every time Suho made indications of feeling inferior besides Kris.

 

His hatred went on even after the twelve debuted and so did his agitation, it actually grew. They had to shoot a music video together, act and be friendly with each other. What fed his frustrations was how Suho seemed unfazed with all the horrid treatments that Kris had done to him, and in the time span of a year Kris did a lot. Insulting him shamelessly in public and acted like it was a big joke, mock him when he makes a mistake, talk about him behind his back, and even pranked him several times with the help of Jongdae. The fans was right to name him the king of trolling, he was a master in the art of irritating someone to the high heaven. He would know, he was once a victim of his practices.

 

Yet even after all of those he would still sincerely smile and offer words of comfort to every member who had did him wrong when they were in their lowest. Kris didn’t get it.

 

“How do you do it?” He remembered coming up to Suho after practice once, and got a shocked expression from the younger. “Yes, I’m talking to you.”

 

Suho tilted his head to the side a bit. “What do you mean?” He asked, truly confused.

 

Kris took time to study the shorter’s expression, trying to find and signs that he’s playing stupid only to find none. “How you can still smile and be nice to your,” Kris paused, remembered the rambunctious group of children that they call EXO K and tried to find words that seemed fitting to explain them.

 

“Friends?”

 

Kris shook his head. “No, subordinates.”

 

Suho let out a lethargic laugh, amused at the choice of words. “Subordinates?” He shook his head. “Those people are our friends and band mates.”

 

Kris rolled his eyes. “Whatever. But back to topic, how can you still be nice to them even after they did so many wrongs to you?”

 

Suho smiled. “Well what do you do to them when they did wrong or was down?” He countered back with another question.

 

Kris took a time to think and remember. “Well I yelled at them.”

 

Suho’s eyes widened. “What!? Why!?” His tone raised, baffled.

 

“Well isn’t that what you’re supposed to do as a leader?” Kris asked, he didn’t get why Suho was so shocked at his answer.

 

Suho shook his head rapidly. “No silly.” He laughed. “Our members are people as well and when you yell at people, they’d eventually retreat and find you unapproachable.” He explained, using hand gestures as he did so. “People have fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter