Painful Reunion

Gone Valentine

 

Breathing, opening my eyes everyday, barely getting through each day
I couldn't tell you that those things were harder than dying 
In case you would get worried so like a fool, I just let out a sigh

When tears fall, even my cherished memories don't know what to do
Because it hurt too much, we promised to let each other go
But whenever I'm not sure I can do it, please let me hear at least your breath

There was so much I wanted to say but I couldn't say anything
We said that we were okay, comforting each other in pain
When we look back, we were only happy, we haven't let each other go

-------------------------------

A year later...

Luhan was sitting in a café, waiting for his blind date when the latest pop song of EXO filled the café.

"On this afternoon where the first snow is falling
If only I could call you, I’d be so happy
A year has already passed but I’m still not over you
So I talk to myself, “I’m lonely”

(Turn back the block) if only I could go back one year
(Turn back my heart) would we be different now?
Yeah, it’s a stupid thought, but still, what if

If I met you, would tears rise up?
The foolish me wouldn’t be able to say anything
Tell me, Merry Merry Christmas, hi, how have you been?
When the snow falls, would my bruised heart get covered whitely?

I’m sorry I didn’t treat you well
That Christmas I was only filled with regrets"

He started to tear up. The lyrics just perfectly described his situation. 

"Excuse me?" a female voice interrupted his mourning, "Are you Luhan shi?"

"Uh.. Neh. You're..." he quickly wiped his tears and stood up to greet his date.

"I'm Choi Sooyoung. Nice to meet you!" she bowed politely which he returned with a slight bow.

They were at midst of talking when Luhan heard a familiar laughter coming from a table near by. 

That sweet laugh pricked his ears. 

"Y--Yoona?" he muttered as he quickly searched for the voice owner.

There he saw her with a handsome man beside her. And she really seemed to be close with that guy. 

"Oppa~~~" she giggled, "How can a chick be born from an egg just by putting it under the sunlight?"

"Yah! I told you it can really be. I've experimented just a few days ago" the guy retorted with a sigh.

"Eh~~~~" she teased jokingly.


"Luhan shi?" Sooyoung called out but she got no response. So she decided to see what had caught his attention. And to her surprise, it was her friend who he's been looking at.

"Oh, Yoona ah!" Sooyoung called the girl who's passing by them to the exit. 

"Unnie!" she beamed happily, "What're you doing here? Oh, that blind date?" 

She nodded shyly.

"I'll introduce him to you" she said quickly, trying to cover her blush,  "Luhan shi, this is ...."

"Im Yoona" he surprised the three. 

Yoona stared at the man in front of her. The man who broke her heart. 

"Uh... You two know each other?" Sooyoung voiced out awkwardly. 

"Neh~ He was in my class in highschool. You're that Chinese transferee, right?" she tried to sound as fine as usual.

Luhan raised an eye-brow at her. "I wasn't in the same class as you" he thought, puzzled at her words.

He was about to deny that but was stopped by her pleading eyes. Eyes that're begging him to just follow her lead.

"Ah... Neh~ I thought you wouldn't remember me" he lied.

"Of course, I remembered you. You're totally popular among girls that time" she said, "One of my friend was totally into you"

"No. I was." she said in her mind.

"Oh, really?" he played along with her lead.

"Unnie, I'm sorry for disturbing your date. I think I've taken your romantic time" she apologized.

"It's okay. Come over to my house this weekend. We're going to make plans for decorating the Christmas party" Sooyoung said with a bright smile.

"Neh~ arraso, unnie. I'll go now" she forced a smile, "Luhan shi, nice to meet you and please take good care of my unnie"

He just nodded in reply. 

He glared at the guy beside her with envious eyes.

That must be her boyfriend. The great Choi Siwon. Even though I couldn't compare to him, I shouldn't have let you go. Breaking up with you is the most regretful decision that I've ever made in my life.

Although I could bear the pain of letting you go for a few days, weeks wouldn't do. You might have thought that I was totally fine after the break-up. But hell NO! I starved myself for a week and even got sent to an emergency room because of dehydration. 

But still I couldn't bring myself to eat because when I saw ramyun, I reminded myself of having ramyun together with you on the mountain. 

When I saw ice-cream, I remembered your irresistible agyeo to get chocolate flavor. 

When I saw coffee, I was choked up with tears, thinking of that frustrating break-up again.


Tears swelled in his eyes as he watched the love of his life leaving the café with another guy, holding onto his arm. 

Maybe we aren't destined to be together for this life but I wish I'd have the courage to fight for our love no matter what, in any situation if we ever meet in our next lives.

----

"Oppa, let's go! We're going to be late for movies" she dragged Jonghyun out of the café.


"Yah! What's with the movies? I didn't tell you that we're going to movies. If you want to go, go with Siwon. I'm sure he'd totally love that if you offered first. That'd be your first date with him, right?" Jonghyun said to his little cousin.

He was expecting a harsh retort from her but instead, he heard a sniff. Sensing that something's off, he turned around to see her. 

"Yoona ah.." he called out gently.

"Oppa...." she cried as he pulled her into his embrace. 

"Baby, what's wrong? Um? Tell your oppa" he soothed her softly.

But she chose to be quiet. 

"It hurts, oppa. It hurts. It just pained me to see him again" she said quietly, touching the necklace Luhan had given on her 20th birthday.

It was a silver necklace with a deer locket. On the back was craved, Lu for Yoon.


Why did you have to turn up again when I thought I'm over you completely?

Why did you have to appear out of nowhere after going out of my life like a hero who sacrificed everything for me yet making me feel like a terrible girlfriend for not having faith in you?

What do you want me to do now when I'm already another man's?

She sobbed harder at the last thought, rubbing the wedding ring she's wearing. 

Why didn't you come out when I went bamming all night on your door? 

Why didn't you say nothing when I accused you of cheating on me?

Why didn't you tell me that it was my mom who caused the break-up?

Why did you have to break me down for my harsh words when I heard the truth from Hyeri?

Why, Luhan? Why? 

Is it because our relationship seems that easy to you that you could immediately gave up when my mom told you to?

Or do you want to sent me away that bad that you made me misunderstand that you're cheating on me?

A countless amount of questions were crossing her mind from the moment she saw him. She didn't show it earlier but she was pained to see him with Sooyoung. 

How can he recover that quickly from their break-up that he can even go to blind dates?

Whilst I didn't even talk nor go somewhere with my husband because I thought it's the best way to make my mom guilty of her outrageous actions to you.

She knows that she's being selfish but she couldn't help the hurt that she's been going through.

Her tears kept streaming down on her face, wetting the white shirt of Jonghyun. She knows it's embarrassing to bawl out in the middle of the street but she just couldn't hold back her sadness. 

In one corner of her teary eyes, she saw Luhan walking out of the café together with Sooyoung. He almost deceived her again with his happy smile but she knew that's fake when she got lost in his sad, longing eyes.

I'll be missing you as always, my deer.


-------
Once a Gone Valentine will never come back. Happy endings may exist in movies but in reality, there are more unexpected endings. Cuz we can never know when a lovely couple will drift away and a fighting couple will become more considerate and loving.

Being over-powered and Misunderstandings are the main characters of a break-up. An over-consideration could also lead to a break-up and that's more painful, cruel and frustrating because one may thought that's the best for both whilst the other didn't even know the reason at all and can't help but feel betrayed.

That's why once your Valentine is gone, never think about getting him/her back. It'd only bring you more pain and regret that you won't be able to bear. 

------- 

Hi everyone! I'm really sorry for my long absence :( I had my final exams so..... 

Anyway, here's the last chapter. It didn't have a happy reunion like some of you hoped but at least they do get to know that how much they longed for each other although they pretended to be fine with the absence of their love. 

I don't know when I'll write another three-shot fic again or may be even sequel to this but I hope you guys like my story and I'm really thankful for all of your support, subscribes, comments and upvote for this story :) 

PLS COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND UPVOTE IF YOU HAVEN'T! ^^

 

Pls also check out my old one-shot fic if you're interested >>> 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/438734/time-krystal-minho-minstal-oneshot-songfic