Chapter 4.

A Face Only Made For You

 

Jiyong

 

When I saw him moving his body away from me I felt pain and fear, and something close to agony traveled through my body hurting those weak places: my heart, my head, my chest. He looked deeply confused and then he just asked: Do I know you?

Maybe after all, my someone, the someone I had cherished inside my head all this time wasn’t really mine after all. Maybe those innocent eyes that came at the park every day right before sunset, did not came to see me after all. Maybe he didn’t hear my songs, maybe he did not see me crumbling in something close to love every day. And those thoughts, of maybe being a mere stranger for him scared me. I did not want to be unknown, unnoticeable, unrecognizable… not by those eyes, not by him.

But he was playing my song. How could he? One melody I had not shared with anyone but him. It was our secret, a secret I had established between both of us, and something, a little hope pushed me to try again, encouraged me to not leave, to not give up.

Seungri was his name, a name that tasted sweet when pronounced by my lips. I looked at him playing my song… our song. And I knew he remembered me by the way his lips curved up in a weak smile and his face shined with vivacity. I knew I was a blurred memory for him but still there, inside his mind where I wanted to be always.

Now his eyes were looking at me disconcerted, but this time they were shinning in pure happiness reflecting my own. Was I loved? Was I important for him? There was no doubt by how his eyes focused on me and the rush of inspiration returned to my hands, to my cold fingers, notes… my notes for him.

“Is it you?” he asked with broken voice bringing his hand close to my face. “C-can I?” he seeked for my permission, his palm just inches from my skin. Without answers, I just moved myself closer and cuddled my face over his palm, closing my eyes and feeling his fingers draw every line and corner of my broken identity.

He moved his eyes over my brow right over my hairline and smiled. “One forehead that make it seems as if there are lots of secrets hidden behind it, multiple stories waiting to be told,” he whispered, making my heart cringe in tenderness.

“A thin pair of eyebrows, that are almost like a straight-line over his eyes, but they curve at the end in a really subtle way, but enough to make you seem impressed of everything around you,” he kept describing now drawing a line with one of his fingers over my eyebrows.

Then he cupped my face between both his hands, and moved them outlining my jaw and caressing my cheeks. Although I did not now what was he doing, it felt just right.

“A rounded face, smooth, a chin that’s not really pronounced nor sharp-edged, but smooth, soft,” he said making me smile ashamed. “And a extremely captivating smile, a smile that reaches your eyes, normally intimidating, making them sparkle with tenderness and sweetness.” He concluded smiling at me.

“Were you describing yourself?” I asked jokingly, getting closer to him. “Do you remember me?” I asked, whispering over his ear making my breath run over his skin.

“I do now”

“Why not before?” I asked again, but this time filled with curiosity backing a little, just the necessary to see his eyes which where now avoiding mines in sadness.

“I can’t recognize any face…” he sighed and bit his lower lip, “they called it face-blindness, prosopagnosia and many other names. But it only means I can’t remember anyone, nobody has a face for me.”

And right then I understood everything: the way he seemed scared when I appeared suddenly in the room, the way he searched through my clothes desperate and the way he described my face minutes before. How difficult was to live like that? Not knowing who is around you… And a strange force led me to embrace him between my arms and whisper over his ear the only certain thing I knew.

“My face is my music. I do have a face for you. I have a face only made for you to recognize because all of it is made for you to hear, by you and with you.”

And right there I held my cherished someone and he held me, his familiar stranger.

 

My beloved readers! New Chap =) But I wanted to ask you something... originally I had planned this to be a 5 chaptered fic, but I was wondering if you want me to extend it, or if it's ok leaving it at 5 chapters only? Tell me your opinion!

See ya soon! Jess Ra