Chapter 3.

A Face Only Made For You

 

 

Seungri

 

I heard something or someone falling down to the floor close to where I was, which made my heart flustered and my hands to stop moving over the piano keys provoking the melody to end with a clashed tune. There was someone curled over the floor staring at me with the familiarity of someone who knows you and the deepness of someone who cherishes you. I cringed upon not knowing whom he was whilst trying to find something in his clothes, something in the way he moved to recognize him, something that could show me who he was.

I hid under the piano, my sweaty hands completely scared and pushed my body back trying to increase the distance between both. But I couldn’t, my body did not move stubbornly planted in the same spot frozen. The guy lifted himself up from the floor and started to approach towards me, slowly but determined. Who are you? Was the question that could not escape from my tightened lips.

“Hi!” he said, with a shy smile plastered over those unfamiliar lips. He had a sweet voice, almost whisper-like and somehow it conveyed nervousness… as though he was as scared as me.

“H-Hi,” I stammered clenching my fists completely intimidated by the deepness of his gaze. He looked at me as if he was waiting for me to say something or as if he was expecting something from me. “I-I’m sorry… do I know you?” I asked with a trembling voice when he took a step further towards me.

That question seemed to confuse him and his eyes, filled with deepness before, darkened in front of me making me feel responsible, as if I had just broken something inside him or hurt him with my words. He stopped moving and stepped backwards with a saddened expression. The sudden distance between us both made my heart cringe and without knowing why I suddenly felt I did not want him to go away from me.

“What were you playing?” he asked whilst he hid his hands in a quick movement under his pockets. His posture showed to me he was really uncomfortable to be right there, at that particular place.

“A song I used to know” I gave as my only answer, suddenly remembering those memories engraved in my head: the park, the guitar and his hands. My eyes fall down to the floor, wrapping my soul with the familiar melancholy I was so used to be enveloped everyday.

The stranger started walking again to where I was but this time he was less determined, and his eyes looked at me with caution as if he was asking for my permission to get close to me. Moved by a strange feeling and by a certainty I could not explain I moved my body to the right, over the piano chair, creating a space where he could sit. He smiled relieved and sat next to me without averting his gaze from me.

He was a slim built and was wearing a dark coat over him which made him look thinner than he probably was. But there was something familiar in him; it could be the way his shoulders dropped forward delicately, the smoothness of his skin on his neck or simply how trustworthy he appeared to be. I felt I knew him and still I could not recognize him.

I inhaled his fragrance with hopes it might show me his name but I only got overwhelmed by a sweet aroma, the same exact aroma I once imagined could belong to the one inside my head.

“I’m Kwon Jiyong,” he presented himself, looking me out of the corner of his eye with softness. He even smiled trying to sooth my surely shocked face maybe scared I would ran away from him at any moment. “What’s yours?”

“S-Seungri, Lee Seunghyun,” I corrected myself while trying to put my thoughts in order. His face lighted up with a large smile when he looked at me stammer.

I spotted a little mole that had go unnoticed before to my eye, right behind his right ear over his neck skin. It was the first smile I gave, feeling myself comforted of finding at least one particularity in him that could help me recognize him thereafter.

“Can you play for me?” he asked after a moment in silence. I nodded, retrieving my hands that had been kept under the piano and placing them over the keyboards. I could feel his eyes focused on every movement I made but somehow it did not bother me, in fact, I only felt cherished. I started moving my hands, closing my eyes and feeling the music overflow my senses and his image emerging at each note: his hypnotizing hands, his golden hair, the green grass around him, the way the wind moved the branches of the trees like lights illuminating my dark memory.

But suddenly, I felt another pair of hands accompanying the movements of mine. I opened my eyes wide and looked to my right, where the stranger had closed his eyes and was gently moving his hands over the keyboard; a fragile, paled pair of hands and long fingers too well known for me. A pair of irreplaceable hands inside my heart, the ones I cherished the most, I missed the most and know were in front of me, just few inches from my touch.

I looked again up at his face, realizing I was no longer playing anything and all the music was coming from the movement of his hands. The familiar stranger opened his eyes and looked at me. I could not describe the feeling inside my soul, the fast throbbing of my heart. Could it be him? Could it be?

“I called this song Sometimes, Someone, thinking of those times one someone came to look at me playing” he murmured, erasing all possible doubts inside my head.

Tears, tears were all I could see and his blurred face looking right at me… happiness, maybe that was what people called happiness.

 

 

Seems like I can't help to have a sad tone even when writing happy things... -.-' =) Hope you like this story so far, please comment... It's kind of discouraging not having any comments (*insert here Authornim pouts*) ^.^ See ya soon!

My beta.. thank you, I'm learning so many things from you!