Chapter 1.

A Face Only Made For You

Seungri

 

Multiple bodies, strange shadows with rushed steps run hurriedly in front of our faces, surrounding us all.  Anonymous bodies moved according to the everyday routine. And however, inside that hectic murmur of steps, one can find those little fragments, small distinctions almost unnoticed, that distinguish one from the other.

Some say that those differences are found in our eyes, the color they are painted with and the particular way they sparkle under the sunbeams, others say the difference lays in the curves of our lips, the way they move letting our words flow free in the air. But in the end, if one collects all these “so-called” distinctions, all those possible combinations, the answer becomes visible: there are not two identical faces, and that isa long time established truth

But for me, for me all faces were identical, because none of them were representative to anything. For me a face did not mean identity, because faces were volatile, always changing, confusing.

“Here again Seungri-ah?” asked a voice behind my back, in a sweet almost whispered question. I stopped swinging my legs in front of me and turned my back to face the place where that peculiar voice came from. Her long brown hair fell carelessly over her shoulders and her favorite green sweater stuck to her thin frame. She smiled at me with those strange lips but with her familiar smile. “Here again?” she repeated, lifting up one of her eyebrows and placing her hands at each side of her waist, one of them decorated with a tinny red bracelet I gave her three years ago.

I nodded with my head, knowing myself to be exposed. I felt the flush of red tint flowing to my cheeks and so I let my eyes fall to the ground whilst embarrassed. Trying to hide my last well kept secret from her questioning eyes, unsuccessfully.

Dara sat next to me, setting herself down on the crumbling park bench. Her hair was shaken by the wind, which made her rose fragrance fly and surround our bodies. Her eyes focused on the place where mine were stuck before, right there in front of us, to the hidden figure between the maple tree trunks, crouched over the grass, legs folded, gold hair falling over his face and a guitar between a pair of delicate hands.

“This place is really charming,” sighed Dara, placing her hands behind her back, with her delicate, feminine manners, with a subtle yet quick movement. “I can understand why you like this place so much, it's so peaceful in here.”

For me, it was not the silent atmosphere, or the peacefulness or beauty of the landscape that made that place stand out amongst the rest of the other places found in our city, but instead that special figure laying in front of me.

“It’s beautiful in here,” I affirmed, murmuring in complicity with a low voice, as if I was scared my words could be heard by the figure in front of us. My eyes and ears focused on the movements and sounds those pale, long fingers made over the guitar strings.

“You should go and talk with him,” suggested Dara, patting one of my shoulders, all too plastering a witty smile over her unknown lips. I looked back and forth between her and the figure over the grass, unsettled.

“I can’t Dara,” I grumbled, letting my head fall over my knees, now folded in front of me. Cuddling myself in that peculiar way I used to, every time I felt scared or discouraged.

“Seungri, of course you can,” Dara assured me, taking my right hand between hers. “You are as precious as any other human being,” she whispered, caressing with her girlish fingers across my scared skin, with that tenderness only she could achieve.

“I can trust in myself… Could you describe his face for me? Please Dara,” I asked, while I retracted my arm from her touch and embraced my folded legs protecting myself from my fears and insecurities. Dara stared at me with a hint of annoyance, as if she was already tired to do the exact same thing every day for me, but at the end, she nodded, while smiling tenderly.

I closed my eyes as soon as Dara opened her lips, trying to stop any other stimuli that could interfere with the image I wanted to construct in my head, trying to settle my imagination free of boundaries, free of obstacles.

“His forehead is one normal forehead, but there’s something that makes it seem as if there are lots of secrets hidden behind it, multiple stories waiting to be told. His eyebrows are thin, almost like a straight-line over his eyes, but they curve almost at the end, in a really subtle way, but enough to make him seem impressed of everything around him. His face is rounded, smooth, his chin is not really pronounced, and his face is not sharp-edged, but smooth, soft, rounded. Filled cheeks and curved lips which makes his smile extremely captivating, a smile that reaches his eyes, normally intimidating, making them sparkle with tenderness and sweetness.”

“It sounds what could be a really beautiful face,” I sighed, opening my eyes to the light, turning my eyes to where that face should be smiling. But different features scared my mind, tainting the beautiful image inside my mind. “If only I could recognize him.”

“You can, much better than any of us,” replied Dara, standing up from the bench, jolting her corduroy skirt, tossing the dust. “And maybe you can let him get to know you, much better than any of us maybe will do.” She said before leaving me alone again, only accompanied by the notes of one guitar and the blurry figure of that special someone in front of me.

He was writing something into his notebook, with such easiness. I smiled upon watching the sincerity of his movements, the way he showed his vulnerability without fears. I smiled in sadness.

If only I wasn’t defective. If only I could see his face, and recognize mine. If only… I embraced my legs tightly, cuddling my head between my knees, allowing the tears to fall from my eyes and the frustrated moans escape from my mouth and my heart. If only I wasn’t defective…

 

I ask for foregiveness for any grammatical error found in here, This story was not beta read, so please excuse me. ^.^ Hope you enjoy this little little fic, also if you feel confused go search "Prosopagnosia" in google and there.. that's all I will say to you  =)

JessRa