II

Heat Haze Days

 

*Author's Note : This story may have grammar errors. English is not my first language.

 

15th August 20XX,

 

''Okay, I have to admit. This is not going to be a normal summer. At all.''

said the sickly sorted teenage boy.

 

 

______   ______   ______

HEAT HAZE DAYS I -

 

- Oh Sehun's POV -

''SHHHHHHHHH!,'' the guy shushed us so we could stop screaming. I immediately shut my mouth and obey (in case he brought a knife or some dangerous weapons). And for Soojung....well, she's still screaming like a fangirl while squirming.

''KYAAAAKYAAMHFFMHFMHFMKYEAEKYEARGHRGHasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiop,''

The mysterious guy held both of Soojung's hands and covered with his free hand. Me? I'm just chillin' on the floor and not running away from hell when I had a chance. I'm not sure if i'm just stupid, but why can't I move? Why am I still here? Why am I just sitting here watching Soojung struggling from that guy? Why didn't I save her and be the 'hero'? WHY AM I ASKING MYSELF ALL OF THESE QUESTION?!?! GAHHHH, blame the author.

This might seem sudden but I have no more options left. The only answer to this puzzle is to ask the mysterious guy PROPERLY! Okay, I know that this plan sounds really lame but I have no choice.

''Ummmm, I'm sorry Mr. I-don't-know-who, but who are you?'' I ask nervously as a stream of sweat make its way through my temple.

The loud noise from Soojung's screams suddenly stop and was replaced with silence. There were no sign of cicadas crying in the background. (Pssst, Sehun, there are no such things as cicadas in Korea).

''WHAT?,'' Soojung's normal happy face had suddenly changed to a darker one.

''You don't know 'him'? '' she asked me. ''Um, no.'' I answered honestly.

''.......'' the atmosphere was back to silence until Soojung let out her rage.

'' Sehun, you're a complete , how could you not know this beauty right in front of me? DO YOU EVEN INTERNET!?,'' every words she said just stabbed me right through my chest. Ouch.

'' Ermm, Miss, please calm down. I'll introduce myself so please stop the argument,'' the so-called-beauty pleaded us.

Soojung's rage had lowered down after hearing her prince's voice. ''Okay, go on,'' she said shyly. The gentleman cleared his throat before introducing himself in front of us.

'' My name is Kim Jongdae while my stage name is Chen,'' Before he could even finish, Soojung's already fangirling on him. Jongdae or his name Chen continued. '' I am a-

''STOP! Can I continue your introduction?,'' Soojung butted in. '' Um, sure?,'' Jongdae answered in confused tone.

''Kim Jongdae or his stage name Chen, is an internet star and he will make his debut to be an idol!'' Soojung said as she excitedly jumped up and down.

''Okay, Mr. Kim, if you're really an idol, then why did you dragged us to this dead end?'' I asked curiously as I struggle to get up from the hard ground. (I was in a weird position, so that's why i'm struggling).

''Because he didn't want to get noticed by people, duhhh.'' Soojung bluntly answered my question instead. Chen chuckled to Soojung's bluntness.

''Anyway, you really did have a sharp eyes didn't you?'' Chen said as he faced Soojung.

''W-what do you mean?'' Soojung asked slightly stuttered cause of the sudden statement.

''You noticed me even when I'm wearing a hoodie and a mask.'' he continued. Soojung's face reddened as she doesn't know how to react. Aisy, seriously that girl.

''................'' Everything went back to silent mode before I decided to pick a topic.

'' Umm, anyway, what are you doing in here if you don't want to get noticed by people?'' I asked him so I can fixed the awkward situation.

''Well, my older brother forced me to go buy his pet rabbit's food even though he was the one who soak it in water.'' Chen said as an annoyed expression shows in his face. It's pretty rare seeing an idol with such expression. Even an idol has their own expression.

''You have an older brother?'' Soojung asked him. ''Yeah,'' he answered in a simple way.

''Then, can I come too? '' Soojung asked him. Her eyes were filled with hopes. ''Uhhh, yeah, if you want to. It just a pet shop anyway.'' Chen said as he scratch the back of his head.

''Yay! Come on Sehun, TO THE PET SHOP!'' she screetch in excitement.

''W-wait, I thought you slipped your feet a few moments ago.'' I said.

''It healed!'' she shouted as she run passed us on the street. Chen chuckled at Soojung's energetic attitude and raised his hoodie back up and wore his mask to cover his angelic face.

''You are a one lucky guy to have an energetic happy-go-lucky girlfriend.'' Chen exclaimed. Wait, did he just said 'girlfriend'? My face suddenly felt hot as if I was blushing.

''What do you mean by 'girlfriend'? She's not my girlfriend. She's just....my friend. Nothing more that that.'' I said as a flash of dissapointment reflects on my face.

''She likes you 10 times more than she does on me.'' I tried my hard to swallow the sadness before it consumes me.

Maybe I did have a crush on Soojung after all. A little. I mean, she is pretty, good at conversation, great at sports, etc. I always treated her harshly, eventhough I've never meant it. But, she never give up. She would always stand up and be there for me.

'' Well, who knows....'' he said and walked pass me. I immediately snapped my thought. Is it just me, or that guy was reading my mind. Nah, probably just me.

''Oh Sehun, hurry up will ya!'' Soojung shouted. I can't clearly heard her because she was standing far away from me.

'' Your girlfriend told you to hurry up~,'' Chen sungs in a melodic tune.

''She's not my girlfriend!!,'' I fought back.

''Yeah, whatever,'' he replied with his 'you're-not-fooling-anybody-dear' face.

ooOOoo

The shop is not that far. It only takes 15 minutes to get there by walking. But for me, 15 minutes is like an hour. I was looking down the road throughout the way since the two of them were infront of me. I’ve never bothered to look up because if I did, the only thing I can see is both of them, walking. Together. I’ve also noticed that their footsteps matches with each other as they walk.

''Hey, is it okay if I call you Jongdae?,''

‘’Yeah, many people calls me Chen, but I think Jongdae is a lot more comfortable, it is my real name after all,''

The sound of their conversation and laughter made me feel left out. Chen and Soojung were walking side by side, while I walk behind them. I look like a creep stalking a happy couple on their first date.

''Anyway, can I call you Soojung,?'' Chen continued.

''Sure, I don't mind about what you're going to call me though,'' Soojung answered.

Just as they continued their conversation about their not-actually-personal-but-was-stated-as-personal life, Chen abruptly stopped his feet and cause me to bump him from behind. ''Hey, why did you stop, is there something wrong?,'' I asked.

''We're here,'' Chen exclaimed as he tilt his head backward, shaft style. (Just Google Search for 'Shaft head tilts' if you don't know).

We were finally arrived at the pet shop. The building of the pet shop was unexpectedly big. To easily explain it, the shop is bigger than the usual ones you see across the street. On top of the building is a big label that says ‘Marco’s Pet Shop’. In between of the label is a huge picture of a cat and a dog. The right one is a picture of a white perusian cat, while the left is a picture of an Akita breed dog, which remind me of Hachiko.

When I first stepped my foot in the shop. I honestly felt stunned. I don’t know why but the atmosphere in here feels….weird. It has an indescribable vibe that I can’t quite put a finger on it. It took me a while to shrugged it off by wandering around the pet shop.

While Chen and Soojung were searching for a pet rabbit’s food, I was wandering around, lost in my own world. Other than that ,I’ve noticed that there were no customer in the shop. None. “We’re the only one in here, I think.” I muttered in a volume that barely can be hear by people.

”Meow,”

A soft meow interrupted my train of thought. It belongs to a black cat with an aggressive green eyes. It has a long black tail that form a curve at its tip. Her left ear has a small torn damage. The feline cuddled with my leg as I can feel its soft fur touching against my skin.

I bent down to pat its head. When I landed my hand on its head, I saw a red, monstrous eyes that pierces through my soul. It happened in a flash. When I look back again, it changed back to its original colour, green. That’s weird, I must be hallucinating.

“Sehun, you don’t want us to leave you here alone aren’t you?” a loud female voice struck me. The feline jumped as she heard them. It ran away to the other section of the pet shop.

”I’m coming!” I dash through the exit door and found them with a bag of pet supplies.

“It looks like you were enjoying yourself in there,” Chen teased. Some of the contents inside the bag were peeking out of its place. He seems to buy a lot of things while I was away.

”Soojung, what time is it right now?” he reverts his attention to Soojung.

” Its 9 a.m. sharp,” Soojung answered. She was wearing the watch that I gave her on her birthday two years ago. I was surprised that she's still wearing it.

"Well, I still have three hours before my curfew," Chen said while undoing his mask. He once again revealed his full angelic face.

''Are you sure you don't want to wear them?,'' I asked since he was a popular internet idol. Someone might caught him hanging out with us and start to spread weird rumors to the others. I don't want that to happen. Just because of that mask, everything will be chaos.

''Nah, not everyone in this town know me,''

He has a good point. Not everyone in this town know him as an idol. If you see him by his simple clothing, I'm sure everything will be fine. Plus, he has a hoodie, which make it 50% safer.

''By the way, can I call you Sehun,?'' He asked, tilting his head backward (again.can't get enough of shaft's head tilts.sorry Chen) so he could see my face.

''Sure. I don't mind about what you're going to call me tho,'' I answered him with the same answer by Soojung.

''Hey, that is my line!'' Soojung shouted at me while playfully stomping her feets like an angry little girl. She was acting like she was angry but she clearly doesn't. Soojung isn't really that kind of person who gets angry fast.

And there comes our 'hero' Chen, who can saves the day. ''There, there. You guys should stop bickering with each others.Instead of fighting, why don't you guys go to a coffee shop, and talk about it like a mature person.'' Chen advised us and make a quick wink at me.

I know what he's planning for. Aisy, that guy. Sometimes he is pissing me off.

''No, we will neve-'' before I could protest, Soojung cut me off. ''Okay, I'm craving for some coffee today,''

I was stunned by her answer. I fully determined that she would protest, but NO, she agreed because it was Chen who told her to.

Then, Chen made an eye signal that says 'smooth move, bro, smoooooth' with his sly grin to top it off. Okay, this is getting out of hand. Me and Soojung, alone, with a cup of coffee placed in front of us is unacceptable.

''No, we are not going to hav-'' before I could protest (again), Soojung cut me off (again). ''I agreed, we will closer our bonds by solving it in a mature way......after we finish shopping,'' Soojung proudly exclaim.

''HUH'' 

Both of us, me and Chen were puzzled by Soojung's statement. Since when did we agreed to go shopping?

''Since Chen only have three hours to hang out we us due to his curfew, we can't go to the amusement park because of our short period of time. But, shopping didn't take that much time, right?'' Her eyes glittered as she underlined the word 'right?'.

''Okay, if you say so,'' both of us agreed, so we could have less problem with her. Protesting would only make it worser.

''LET'S GO SEHUN, TO THE SHOPPING MALL!!,'' Soojung screetched with her normal energetic voice as she pointed her finger toward the direction of North.

*This is going to be a long day* I thought as I wiped the sweats that was forming on my forehead due to the blazing heat. Chen who is standing behind me, gave a genuine smile to me instead of a sly one.

 

''Yup, I'm 100% determined that it will be a long,long day,''

the both of them thought at the same time, giving each other a 'good luck' smile and strive their way towards the blazing heat haze.

 


 

A/N : I realized that this chapter is only about Sehun and the others going to the pet shop. 

I wanted to write more but, I guess my laziness has started consuming me, heheh.

So sorry for not updating for more than 2 months.

So, as an apologize gift, i'll give you the shaft head tilts. Just for you.

                                                 U7yDJhF.gif

SORRY NOT SORRY.


A/N** this is not an update but, i just re-read this chapter and found out that i had thrown the 'r-word' in it, which is explicitly offensive toward some people. here, i am genuinely sorry if this said word has offended anyone. but seriously, i wrote this when i was goddamn 14 years old, also known as the era where i was an ignorant piece of . so yeah, thats it for this chapter,, bye.

-September 22, 2015