I

Heat Haze Days

 

A/N : This story may have many grammar errors, English is not my first language.

 

15th August 20XX ,

 

    Summer. The day when you can hang out with your friends in the glaring heat without complaining about it. It's also the day that you can chillax even when having a pile of homework to do.* Sigh *. It's a wonderful day. It is an indeed wonderful day.

 

'' Oh Sehun! ''

 

And then, a loud voice interuppted a young, yet mature-looking boy who is daydreaming about his 'not-so wonderful summer'. The boy who was laying on a couch with a bunch of potato chips scattered everywhere has finally woken up from his seventy-two episodes of his dream life. Yup, he already reached the 'grand' episode.

 

''Ugh, WHAT?!?!,'' the boy replied lazily as he straigtened himself instead of laying on the couch.

 

''Don't you remember? You said you're going to take me to the amusement park today.'' said the girl who suddenly barged in his room.

 

''WAIT, WHAT?!, SINCE WHEN?!?! AND HOW DID YOU EVEN GET IN MY ROOM!!!'' the boy shouted.

 

''Well, I didn't used your bedroom window.'' the girl answered with a sheepish smile. The boy turned his head toward his bedroom window. Yup, he forgot to lock his bedroom window (again).

 

''Dammit,'' he cursed under his breath.

 

''Oh, don't be angry Sehun. Here, take this clothes and change. Don't forget to take a shower ~'' the girl handed him a blue t-shirt and a plain, grey in colour jacket. ''I'll wait for you,'' She took her step out of his bedroom.

 

Then, the boy was alone once again, just the way he likes it. He took a few steps closer to the bedroom window and gaze at the scenery. As usual, the sky was blue, the birds were chirping, the trees were healthily green, the buildings were nicely constructed.  But somehow, the outside felt hot. Wait, too hot. Well, what do you expect, It is summer. It's been a long time since he ever stepped his foot out of the house whenever it is summer. To be exact, this is the first time he ever went out. He felt quite nervous.

 

''It will going to be a normal summer, isn't it?''

 

 

HEAT HAZE DAYS -

______   ______   ______

 

My name is Oh Sehun. 16 years old. An indoor, introverted type of person. I rarely talks to people because I think interracting with them is just bothersome. I've never hang out with other people except for the girl that barged in my room earlier. Plus, I only hang out with her because she forced me to. At least that's how I think.

''Oh Sehun, hurry up...We'll going to be late.'' she complained.

The girl's name is Jung Soojung. She is 16 years old, same age as me. Unlike me, she is an outdoor type of person. Her personality is unpredictable. The only word to describe her personality is, quite twisted (or just uncontrolloble mood-swing). Yep, twisted (probably mood-swings). Enough said. Somehow, she is an exact opposite of me. But, she always tries her hardest to closer our relationship.

''Shess, what takes you so long...Gaahhh, I'm going to leave you.'' she complained (again).

 I can clearly hear her complaining over and over again. Seriously, she is way louder than usual. What kind of 'drug' did she take today? Skittles? I know Skittles is not a drug. I mean, how can a 'non-harmful rainbow candies' can infect a person's brain?

''OH SEHUUUNN!!''

''OKAAAY,OKAAYY!! I'LL HURRY UP.'' I ran down the stairs at full speed. If only she could turn down the volume of her voice. She might disturb the whole neighbourhood. The whole neighbourhood I tell ya.

''I'm here, so stop shouting.'' I said while adjusting the sleeves of my jacket. To think of that, why am I wearing jacket at summer? It's literally blazing here. ''Heheh, did I make you angry?'' she asked me mischievously. ''Of course I'm angry, your loud voice might destroy the whole neighbourhood, you know,'' I exclaimed.

''Don't worry, if I was the 'monster' that destroying the whole neighbourhood, you'll be the 'hero' to defeat me.'' she said while enthusiastically fist pumping in the air.

Somehow, her words makes me imagine. Imagine of me, being the hero saving the whole universe while Soojung is the monster godzilla look-a-like. I hate myself for even imagining about it. This is why we can't have nice things.

''Hey, Sehun. Don't space out. Let's go,'' she lightly shakes my shoulder so I can snap out of my train of thought. ''Huh, I'm not spacing out. I'm just....thinking.'' I said as I fixed my messy hair.

''What are you thinking about?'' she asked curiously, twisting the doorknob while at it.

''...''

''It's a secret.'' I answered, letting go of my hair as I was satisfied by it's look.

''Hmmm, okay then, TO THE AMUSEMENT PARK!!!!'' she excitedly screams out her words as we exited the house. She grabbed my arm and started to pull me all the way to the amusement park. The people on the street were staring at us along the way. I hid my face with my other hand out of shame. Jezz, why are they staring at us, we're not an exhibition. Go do something else than staring at us like that.

''Yay, we finally arrived at the amusement park!'' she screamed out as she raised her hands up in the air. ''Okay, since we already arrived, why don't you let go of my hand and stop screaming out something embarrasing, please.'' I added the 'magic word'.

''Oh, Sehun. This is not embarrasing. This is what you called an excitement.'' she said as she formed a rainbow with both of her hands, referencing to one of the famous Spongebob scenes.

''Yeah right, if it was an excitement then why am I not feeling any excitement from this.''

''Probably because you're a boring type of person.'' she said the word straight up to my face. Yep, it hurts. *Sigh*. ''Whatever, let's just go to the amusement park.''

''Ummm, I changed my mind.'' I can feel the sense of nervousness in her voice.

Say what now?? We just ran the whole way to the amusement park and now she changed her mind? Okay, I'm so done with this bull. I'm.so.ing.done.

''Don't be mad. I just slipped my feet when we were running on the way here.'' she explained. I don't find that reasonable though.

I let out a big sigh. ''Okay, lets find a bench so you can rest your feet a little.'' I said and she nodded as she agreed with me. I wrapped her right arm around my neck to support her leg. Her leg seems to be okay, but it is Soojung after all.

As we aspected, there were no sight of bench along the street. Oh bench, where are you when we need you. Then, after a few minutes of hopeless searching, a miracle happen. Heh, 'Miracle in August'.

''Yess, a bench!'' both of us shouted with tears of happiness. The bench was placed deep in a dead end building.While we were running for the bench, both of us suddenly bumped into someone.

BAAAM!

''Ouch,'' Soojung let a small groan. '' Are you okay?'' the stranger that we just bumped asked us.When Soojung look up at the stranger's face, she started squealing like a fangirl.

''KYAAAAAAAAAAAA-MPHMPHMHMHPHHHM,HHMPHMHPMHHMPP'' the stranger cover with his hand. I was quite shock and confused in the situation. What the hell is happening???

''Wait, what are you doing? Who are you? Why did you do that to her?'' I started throwing him a bunch of question that I regret doing it because he relentlessly grabbing the collar of my shirt and pulled us to one of the building's dead end.

What is going on? Who is he? A serial killer? Oh god, please don't torture me anymore. What have I done wrong to be in this circumstance.

 

''Okay, I have to admit. This is not going to be a normal summer. At all.''

said the sickly sorted teenage boy.


A/N : I'll update the next chapter on Friday (maybe)

Please leave some comments. Thank you.


A/N** oh god,, this fanfic is a cringe-worthy experience to edit,, im literally crying rn ffs,, btw i changed some of the words in this fanfic so there will be less offensive content in it. for example, i changed the word 'bipolar' to 'mood-swing'. welp, im not sure if  'bipolar' is suppose to be an offensive word but i guess it's good to be prepare. thats it for this chapter,, byee.

-September 22, 2015