A cloudy day

A cloudy day

It was another cold day, just like one would expect it in winter. Gray clouds covered the sun, making everything look dark and gloomy. At least it doesn't rain, he thought as he watched the monotonous sky through the window of his car, listening to the soothing sounds of guitars. The view was beautiful. He might not fancy this kind of weather too much, but he would never get tired of the colors of the sky. It was like a huge, powerful painting; it felt so unreal.

Even though it was warm in the car, his hands trembled. He was nervous. After all, that day had finally arrived: February 14th, also known as Valentine's Day.
“Come on, Joonmyun. It will be fine. You can do it!”, he encouraged himself after a glance at his watch. It was time. He thought of the possible expression she would have later, and his nervousness slowly faded away when he had the picture of her lovely face in his head. His heart filled with warmth and he confidently opened the door of his car, stepping outside with a gentle smile on his mouth.
He stopped in front of the gate as students started to leave the school building. Some of the girls held tightly onto their roses; the bold red created a beautiful contrast to this colorless weather. Many teenagers stared at him as they walk past him. It was a little bit uncomfortable, but he didn't care about them. The only person who mattered right now was her. And there she was.
Her dark, straight hair gently touched her rosy cheeks. She them out of her face with her finger tips while putting the earphones on and tapped the screen of her phone. Looking at this sight of her, even if she was only doing a simple task, he realized how much he missed her being so close to him. He hadn't been able to meet her for two weeks because of his busy schedule, though they would talk on the phone a lot and send each other photos of their daily lives. But that was never enough for him. He thought of being able to look directly into her eyes, hugging her and feeling the warmth of her body. Oh, and her wonderful lips! He wanted to kiss her so much; not only on her lips, but also on her neck, everywhere. He felt a bit ashamed for having these thoughts, but he craved her scent so much, now that she was so close to him.
With every step she made towards his direction, his smile turned a little wider and his heart grew softer. She walked with a relaxing pace, but then stopped abruptly – it seemed that she finally noticed him – and full of surprise she covered with her palms. He was waiting for her to come running to him, but she didn't move any further and hid her whole face in her hands now. Wait – was she crying? He turned his happy expression to a worried one and made quick steps towards her. Stopping right in front of her, he was able to hear the little sounds she made when she was crying. He gently caressed her arm with one hand and her hair with the other one. “Hey...”, he began to talk with his soft voice, “Darling, what's wrong?” Instead of replying, she just shook her head. He pulled a handkerchief out of his pocket and removed the hands from her face to dry her tears. “Ah!”, she took it from him and turned away, “I'll do it by myself.” He smiled again after seeing that she was actually okay. He adored this side of her; she was so cute when she was embarrassed. He grabbed her shoulders and moved her to his direction again, embracing her. “I missed you”, he confessed. “You said you'd come next week, you idiot!”, she shouted at him and pressed her arms on his chest, “Ugh, my make up is ruined now...” He chuckled.
There were still a few students passing by, staring at them. He knew she wouldn't like anyone to see her face after she cried. “You must be hungry after such a tough day in school, right?”, he asked her, “Let's leave fast. We can relax at my place and order food.” She agreed and they rushed to his car. “I can't believe I cried there”, she pouted as they entered, “I surprised myself with this.” A mischievous grin was formed on his face. “You were so happy to see me that you cried. It was the cutest thing anyone did for me – ever.” She rolled her eyes and took out a pocket mirror to check her make up. Her eyeliner was smudged, but in his opinion it still looked good. Her expression told him though that she thought differently. “I'm so pathetic...”, she mumbled to herself while redoing her make up. That comment wasn't destined for his ears, but he was still able to hear it.
“Hey, listen to me”, he told her in a serious tone, “You're not pathetic if you cry. You're not weak, or embarrassing, or anything – you are a gorgeous girl and I fell in love with you.” She faced him with loving eyes. He knew she wasn't a fan of big words or romantic gestures, but he was able to read her expressions. He knew what she felt for him, and as long as he had this knowledge, he was happy.
He reached for her face and her cheek. “I know you are having a tough time right now. And that's okay. Everyone has their cloudy days. There's no easy way to get through this, but if you clench your teeth and trust that the sun will come out on another day, you'll be able to breathe again.” He ended his speech with a warm smile. She was moved by his words and smiled now as well, holding onto his hand. “That's the expression I love so much”, he said and leaned over to kiss her. It felt good to taste her again; it soothed his soul.
“Thank you so much”, she said as their lips parted. “And I'm sorry for all this drama. Your shirt is even wet because of my stupid tears.” He looked down and chuckled. “No need to apologize. And don't worry about my shirt either”, he smirked suspiciously as he started the car, “I'm going to take it off later anyway.”

* * *

A/N: Here's a lame vday card to perfectly end my lame story lol. Happy Valentine's Day!