Final

Happy Valentine's Day

It’s Valentine’s Day. Couples fill the streets on this day. You can’t help but think of your boyfriend of 4 years, Suho. Being the leader of a famous boy group, the two of you are separated from one another. Both of you always celebrate any special occasions together (e.g. Christmas, Valentine’s Day) before Suho debut. Ever since he debuted, you have missed 2 years of Christmas and Valentine’s Day celebration with him. However, you guys will video chat/Skype with one another if time permits.

“Guess it’s just me and you on this Valentine’s Day” you sighed as you said to the cup of coffee you held in your hand.

*Beep beep*

Your phone vibrated. You place the coffee down on the table and reached for your phone. It was Suho. You fished for your earpiece from your bag as you pick up his video call.

“Annyeong~! How’s my dearest doing today?” Suho asked with a warm smile.

“I’m good, enjoying some coffee at my favorite coffee house. How was your day?” you asked

“Dance practice was tiring. And we’re heading for a radio show now. I’m so tired!” Suho whined as he pouted.

You chuckled at the sight and muttered, “Pabo.”

Suho chuckled and smiled widely. “Alright. We’re reaching the broadcasting station. Talk to you when we’re done, arraso?”

“Ani. I think I’ll be asleep by then and you need to rest.”

“Okay. Good night. Sweet dreams. Sleep well. See you soon.”

“Neh~ Good night.”

Not a “Happy Valentine’s Day” and neither did he mention anything about it. “Guess he’s too busy to remember that it’s Valentine’s Day today. Oh well.” You thought to yourself as you sighed and took a sip of your coffee. You can’t deny the fact that you’re disappointed and upset that he didn’t mention anything about Valentine’s Day. But you tried to dismiss your disappointment by constantly telling yourself that he’s busy with his schedule.

As you approach your once-shared apartment with Suho, your pace slowed down, eventually stopping in front of the building. Not wanting to get any more upset than you already are when you are back in the apartment which holds all the memories both of you had, you took a seat on the swing at the playground. After a while, you decided to head back home.

You sighed as you unlocked the front door. You the lights and took off your shoes. You were shocked and surprised to see a well decorated dining table with fine dining wares, wine glasses, a bottle of red wine, two plates of steaks, neatly folded napkins and rose petals scattered around the table, nothing like the empty dining table that sits in the dining room before you left home today.

You walked towards the dining table, still in awe, when a pair of warm hands covered your eyes. “Oppa?” you said as you held the pair of hands covering your eyes.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, jagiya.” Suho whispered as his hands moved down to your waist and wrap around it.

You turned around to face Suho, and wrapped your arms around his neck. “Oppa..” you said as tears welled up in your eyes.

“Don’t cry.” He said as he wiped tears from your eyes.

“Didn’t you say you have a radio show? Why are you here?”

“Radio show was a lie, silly. I got here to prepare these as soon as my schedule ends.”

“Oppa.. I thought you’ve forgotten it’s Valentine’s today.”

“How could I ever forget?”

“Kamsahamnida.” You said as you kissed Suho.