Food is Necessary

One-shot Paradise

It was a particularly rainy Monday when Baekhyun decided it was time for some grocery shopping. His long time roommate, and best friend, Jongdae, hadn’t bothered to make Baekhyun aware that he was broke, having bought the new Fable game rather than this week’s food.

Normally it wouldn’t have bothered Baekhyun as much, but he realized when he opened their empty fridge that he really wanted some yogurt and granola, but at the same time he realized that would require him to go out into public on his morning off.

And as much as he wanted to be lazy, his grumbling stomach did not want to be. So he unwilling slipped his ratty pair of converse on and pulled his favorite blue beanie over his bed head, taking extra care to bang on Jongdae’s bedroom door before exiting the apartment.

And as stated earlier—it was raining. Baekhyun hadn’t brought a jacket either, so he hurriedly made his way down the sidewalk, reaching the supermarket within ten minutes, still in one piece. Soaking—but still in one piece.

Shivering, he hurried inside, grabbing a cart so he could finish this outing as soon as possible. He already missed his warm bed and his book sitting on his nightstand.

Baekhyun waddled down the first aisle, his converse squeaking loudly with each step.

He cringed slightly as water dripped down the back of his legs. He really should have brought an umbrella.

 He grabbed the obvious things like ramen, milk, eggs and etc. But in the middle of pulling a bottle of juice down from the shelf a loud thud came from behind him, and a loud groan followed.

Baekhyun whirled around in shock, instantly spotting a rather large man on the floor who was rolling around in what was assumed to be pain.

Baekhyun's eyes widened when he realized the man had fallen in the water he had been tracking down the aisle and he quickly rushed over, pulling his cart with him.

"Oh my god, are you alright!?" Baekhyun demanded in slight panic as he got down on his knees to inspect the damage, while all the same praying he hadn’t actually hurt the guy.

The man cracked one of his eyes open to peer at Baekhyun, and an instant grin grew on his lips.

"Nah I'm fine."

It took a moment for Baekhyun to realize what the guy had said because, damn, his voice was deep.

"A-Are you sure?" Baekhyun faltered, biting his lip in embarrassment as he watched a red spot begin to form on the other’s forehead.

The man sat up, the fringe of his dark brown hair falling in front of his eyes as he looked Baekhyun up and down.

"I guess you're the reason I fell."

Baekhyun chose to ignore the obvious statement, partially because he was embarrassed and—holy cow your face.

"Are you sure you're alright? You've got," Baekhyun pointed at his own forehead and made a circle motion.

“I’ve got a what?”

Baekhyun timidly pushed his small finger against the bruise forming on the taller’s face.

“Ow!”

“You’ve got a bruise,” Baekhyun stated lamely, his finger falling back down.

“I know that now!”

“Sorry, you just didn’t seem to notice and I needed to somehow get you to notice and I don’t know it seemed the easiest way, so I’m sorry but I didn’t know what else to do—”

Baekhyun realized he was rambling and he promptly shut his mouth. The other raised a question eyebrow and coked his head slightly to the side.

“What’s your name, cutie?”

There was an awkward moment as Baekhyun blankly stared at him, his brain going into overdrive as he processed what had just been asked. Did he just say?

“C-Cutie?”

“Well you’re wearing sweatpants with teddy bears all over them, how can I not call you cute?”

Baekhyun felt his face heat up instantly, and he let his eyes drop down to look at his attire. Great going, head.

“I’m Park Chanyeol by the way.” The giant extended a hand forward, and it’s not like Baekhyun could refuse, so he hesitantly put his hand forward as well.

“Byun Baekhyun.”

The guy—Chanyeol—instantly grabbed it and gave it an enthusiastic shake before pulling the both of them to their feet.

Baekhyun pulled his hand from the taller’s grasp and took a step back, leaning against his cart as he looked around awkwardly. Should I apologize again? Or maybe just say goodbye or something? I don’t really know him so that might be awkward….

He was just about to open his mouth to bid this extremely attractive stranger goodbye when the deep voice cut him off.

“The truth is,” Chanyeol began, grinning slightly as he rubbed his neck in a bashful manner, “I’m kind of new around here…and you look like you are pretty comfortable with being able to walk around in sweat pants and everything…so I was wondering—since it’s your fault I fell down and stuff—” Baekhyun scoffed slightly, “—if you might be willing to show me around sometime.”

Baekhyun felt his mouth drop open and all he could was stare.

He wants me to…show him around!?

“Uh—”

Chanyeol’s face immediately fell, and he quickly shook his head saying, “You don’t have to of course, I just thought—well I don’t know what I thought—you’re really cute that’s all and I honestly wouldn’t mind if I got to know you better and—”

Baekhyun didn’t know if his heart could take any more of the words falling out of the other’s mouth so he quickly interrupted, “No, no it’s fine.  Really I would love to do that for you.”

Chanyeol’s face lit up again and—holy crap is that sunshine.

“Great! Here let me just—”

Baekhyun watched in interest as the taller reached towards his back pocket, pulling out his phone.

“Number?”

Baekhyun mindlessly recited his digits, his eyes focusing on the large fingers which were inputting the data—and damn those would be nice in certain situations.

“Okay I just texted you,” Chanyeol smiled, shutting his phone off as he slipped it back in his pocket.

Baekhyun nodded dumbly, watching the taller smooth out the creases in his shirt.

“I’ll text you later, okay? I have to get to my new job, so I can’t stay and chat. But it was really nice meeting you Baekhyun!”

“Nice meeting you too,” Baekhyun answered, his gaze moving up to meet the taller’s dark chocolate eyes.

Said eyes crinkled into half-moon crescents at his words, and the giant raised one of his large hands in farewell bidding as he turned to leave.

Baekhyun watched him leave, before he turned back to his cart, which had the food he had been so desperate to acquire only minutes ago.

It was amazing how his appetite had changed from a fattening breakfast to a desire for a tall man with gorgeous brown eyes within seconds.

Damn it Baekhyun. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELLO LOVELIES

THIS IS FOR MY BAEKHYUNNIE'S BIRTHDAY~

AND I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY IT BECAUSE AH BAEKYEOL IS FLUFF.

but anyways. i wanted to say happy birthday to baekhyun cuz he is my darling, beautiful and absolutely perfect bias <3 <3

ugh. but i hope you guys enjoy this.

and please comment~

and if you haven't already subscribe <3

and upvote lovelies <3 <3

--if you are confused this is just another one-shot. it isn't based off sickly--

not edited btw