The Usual

Just Another High School Story ~SM High~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey everyone! Please check out and support my new story based on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. This story is my first non-Jongin centralized story. It's more about Luhan and Sehun and some others too. All of Exo is in it. Thank you~!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/678414/pride-and-prejudice-romance-you-exo-exok-exom-luhan-sehun

 

 

"What? What's that supposed to mean?" you ask, taken aback.

"I'm going to go now, Ha-Eun. It was nice talking to you, but it's not my place to be speaking to you about you and Luhan's own buisness," Xiumin stands to leave and you stand quickly, rushing over to him.

"What!? I can't talk to him...That's...impossible," you stammer.

"Truth never comes easy...That's the problem with life." Xiumin walks out the door and you gawk after him. So much...wisdom. Ergh.

 

You sit back on the floor, contemplating as usual. You take a deep, heavy breath in and pull out your phone. You scroll down your contacts list and you reach the one you want to call. Well you don't really WANT to call, but something inside tells you that you need to. 

 

:-|

 

That's how you'd saved his number. Just that emoticon. After you broke up you couldn't bring yourself to delete his number, but at the same time you didn't want to see his name on your phone. You assigned his number that emoticon to keep it away from your eyesight on the alphabetically ordered contact list. You stare at the number...You didn't even need to keep it, because you've had it memorized since the day he gave it to you. 

 

Ugh, feelings.

 

You quietly think through everything and you struggle with an internal, mental battle.

To call or not to call? That is the question...You think about Jongin for the ten millionth time today and you sigh. He seems to be gone, so what do you have to lose? Your heart races as you finally decide to call.

 

Ring ring...Ring ring...

 

Each ring feels like absolute torture.

 

Finally, after you're about to give up, Luhan's voice reaches your ear through the phone.

 

"Hello?" his voice is cautious, nervous, and confused. You can tell by his tone that you're the last person he expected to be calling him.

"Hey Luhan..." you say, voice cracking. How embarassing. "Can we please talk...?" You can picture an uncomfortable Luhan as you speak to him. Just his silence  gives you an idea of what he looks like and is feeling right now. You can't help but feel a pang of saddness at the fact you know him so well...

"Ha-Eun...you don't owe me anything." He answers a little shortly, as you know is a habit of his when he's nervous or anxious.

"I know. This is something I want..." You're not sure exactly what you can say to make this situation less awkward.

"What is?" His speaks slowly and in a quiet voice.

"I want to talk to you." After a few more moments of hesitation, Luhan speaks up.

"Okay, Ha-Eun. Fine. We can talk. What's up?" He speaks, long silences between each word. 

"I don't want to talk over phone. Can we meet somewhere?" you suggest, a wave of nervousness washing over you at the thought of spending time alone with Luhan. You know he'd never do anything to hurt you, but you're afraid you'll hurt him emotionally and that everything will just end up being worse. Well, what could be worse anyway, you figure. Another painfully long silence greets you from Luhan's end.

 

"Okay. Our usual place...I can be there in twenty." He speaks with great hestiation in his voice.

"Okay," you say with finality. "I'll see you then." You hang up and notice your hands are trembling slightly. Great... 

 

You head off to your "usual place." It's a local tea shop pretty close to school and you and Luhan used to meet there all the time when you had a stressful day. Well, you met there even if it WASN'T a stressful day. You arrive before Luhan because you were only about five minutes away, being at school.

 

You order yourself a tea and without hesitation you order Luhan his favorite bubble tea like you always used to when you arrived before your former boyfriend.

 

Damn it. For a second, everything seemed so normal you'd forgett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter