Epilogue

Half a Heart

"Dad! Dad! Come one," Hyunoo dragged Taeyeon across the paved ground, eyes fixed on the huge space cowboy mascot across them. "Come on!"

Taeyeon looked over his shoulder, sending his wife a wide smile as he let his son drag him. Hyunoo and Taeyeon stopped in front of the space cowboy. He looked down at his son who looked at the mascot with wide, round eyes, lips gradually breaking into a wide grin. Hyunoo had always loved Buzz Lightyear, so when he heard that they were going to Tokyo for a week long vacation, he immediately suggested they go to Disneyland as soon as they get there. Taeyeon and Jessica were more than happy to grant their son's request.

Hyunoo and Taeyeon's relationship progressed rapidly from that day Taeyeon showed up in Krystal's house. He persuaded not just Jessica but Hyunoo, too, making sure to bring the boy on occasional dates and let him choose where to eat -which, by the way, always ends up in Little Prince. After two and a half months of sending flowers and chocolates, family dates and more courting, Jessica and Hyunoo finally went home with Taeyeon. It was heart warming for both Taeyeon and Jessica because finally, they can call themselves a couple and not just two best friends sharing the same house.

"Aren't you two hungry?"

Heads whipped towards Jessica as she stood beside Taeyeon, joining them in watching the mascot parade.

Taeyeon smiled at his wife again -something he had been doing recently- before taking Jessica's hand, interlacing their fingers. Jessica blushed, making Taeyeon's smile widen into a silly grin; remembering how the same shade of pink adorned Jessica's face when they woke up snuggled close to each other, bodies bare, the morning after Jessica and Hyunoo returned home. He could never forget the feeling of Jessica's small waist against his hands, the smoothness of her skin against his palm, her sweet, girly scent that was very addicting. Everything about Jessica screams perfection and Taeyeon had his name written all over his wife's body. He was proud.

A nudge on his side had him snapping out of his daydream. "Why do you always make that face?" said Jessica, eyes narrowed, brows pulled together and lips formed into a cute pout. Very, very adorable.

Taeyeon pinched his wife's cheek. "What face?" said Taeyeon.

"That," Jessica pointed her index finger at Taeyeon's face. "You look like a ert."

Taeyeon chortled as he let go of Jessica's hand to wrap his arm around his wife's shoulders, making Jessica's heart skip beats. She wasn't really used to skinship with Taeyeon yet. She's still a little shy.

"Aren't I, though?" whispered Taeyeon, his lips brushing against the shell of Jessica's ears, making the hairs on the back of her neck stand for the umpteenth time.

Jessica bit the inside of , trying to suppress the smile that was threatening to break from it. The things Kim Taeyeon does to her.

"Mom! Dad!"

Both Jessica and Taeyeon turned to look at their son who was grinning widely at them.

"Can we go to the haunted mansion, please?" begged Hyunoo with his round, expectant eyes.

Taeyeon looked back at Jessica, knowing that his wife never really fancied horror houses or anything that had to do with ghosts and witches. He remembered almost losing his hearing due to the dolphin-like shrills she let out one time when he forced her to get inside a horror house with him. He couldn't feel his right arm for three days after that because Jessica pulled on it everytime she was scared.

"I don't know, buddy," said Taeyeon, turning to look at his son with apologetic eyes. "I'm not sure your Mommy would like to go."

Hyunoo's face gradually dropped as he listened to his father's words. This didn't go unnoticed in Jessica's eyes and she muttered up all the courage she could get and said, "Come on, let's go to the haunted mansion."

Taeyeon had a bewildered look on his face. "Are you sure? We can just--"

Jessica smiled, wrapping an arm around her husband's hips. "I'm sure, Taengoo. I'll be fine as long as you're there."

Hyunoo beamed, pumping his fist on the air as he dragged his parents towards the mansion. Taeyeon reluctantly followed, stealing glances at Jessica as they walked. He was worried for his eardrums and Hyunoo's and everybody else's in there, but he was more worried about Jessica. He know Jessica would find it hard to sleep after they tour the haunted mansion.

"I'll be right here," said Taeyeon, placing a peck on Jessica's temple as he rubbed his hand against her upper arm in a comforting way. "Okay?"

Jessica nodded and snuggled closer to Taeyeon's body as they walked into the entrance of the mansion. "Okay," said Jessica in a shaky voice.

**

Jessica could swear it had only been five minutes when they walked inside the dark and big mansion, but it sure felt like a lifetime had passed as they walked further inside. It was spooky, to say the least, there were gruesome paintings hanging on the wall and some deformed faces popping randomly. Jessica resisted the urge to cry everytime something shows up, choosing to snuggle closer to Taeyeon instead. Taeyeon had his right arm wrapped around Jessica's body protectively since they walked inside while his other hand held Hyunoo so he wouldn't wander around without them. It would have been very romantic, if only Jessica didn't felt like burning down the mansion.

Jessica peeked from her balled hands that were clutching Taeyeon's shirt tightly. She strained her eyes in the darkness, trying to see of they were nearing the exit, only to regret it as soon as a huge, dirty looking man with an axe in hand appeared right before them. Her eyes widened, mouth opening to release all her fears only for a pair of lips to cover hers, stopping her from screaming senseless.

She tasted mint before a tongue intruded . Definitely Taeyeon. She smiled through the kiss, momentarily forgetting about the offending figure in front of them.

God, she loves Taeyeon to the moon and back.

"Mom! Dad!"

Taeyeon groaned when he felt Hyunoo tugging on his hand. He placed a peck in Jessica's lips before reluctantly breaking the kiss.

"Can we go now?" said Hyunoo when Taeyeon turned to look at him.

Taeyeon nodded and let Hyunoo drag them forward. He looked down at Jessica momentarily who seemed to be in her own little world. Taeyeon smiled. His plan definitely worked.

"Just tell me if you're scared," whispered Taeyeon in Jessica's ear. "I'll just kiss you again to distract you."

Jessica playfully pushed him away, earning chuckles from Taeyeon, but his arm stayed around her body, pulling her closer to him as they climbed the stairs.

**

An agonizing hour later and fifteen kisses from Taeyeon, Jessica stood outside the huge mansion, face flustered. She had her hand pressed against her chest as she tried catching her breath. No, it wasn't because of the gruesome things inside. It was because of Taeyeon's kisses. Her husband took all her breath away -literally- as he kissed her everytime a monster pops out. Jessica would lie if she'll say she didn't like it.

"You okay?" said Taeyeon with a cheeky grin.

Jessica nodded before her attention turned to Hyunoo. "Are you okay, sweetie?" asked Jessica, crouching down her son's level.

Hyunoo smiled sheepishly at her, shifted his weight on his other foot before stuttering. "W-will I h-have a y-younger s-s-sibling?"

Jessica and Taeyeon's eyes widened simultaneously.

"W-why did you asked that?" Jessica said, cheeks heating up at the mention of another child.

Hyunoo smiled and pointed at a family of four across from them. "They look happy," said Hyunoo, "But the older brother looks sad."

"Hyunoo?" Taeyeon put a hand on his son's shoulder. "What's wrong, buddy?"

Hyunoo looked at his parents before saying in an uncertain voice, "When I have a baby brother or sister, will you love me less?"

Jessica shook her head. "Sweetie, no. We will love just the same even if you had a sibling," she pulls Hyunoo in a hug. "Don't ever think Mommy and Daddy will love you less, okay?"

Hyunoo nodded, smiling in relief before he felt his hair being ruffled by his father.

"What happened to you and why are you acting so melodramatic?" Taeyeon laughed, making Hyunoo blush.

"But don't worry, okay? Even if you have twenty siblings, we will never love any you less. We will love all of you equally," he smiled, "Okay?"

Hyunoo nodded and moved to hug his father. "Thanks Dad."

**

"Twenty siblings," said Jessica in an incredulous tone, passing Taeyeon a shirt to change into. "You couldn't have chosen two or three?"

Taeyeon grinned, slipping on his shirt before pulling Jessica by the waist. "I want to build a soccer team," he swayed them a bit, "I've always wanted to be a soccer coach."

"Ten is enough for a soccer team, Taengoo."

Taeyeon shook his head. "And a baseball team, too," he said, placing a peck in Jessica's lips.

"That's too many!" Jessica said, playfully slapping Taeyeon's chest. "I can't give birth to twenty babies!"

Taeyeon sniggered, careful not to wake Hyunoo up. "I was just kidding," he took Jessica's hand, kissing it. "But we can try if you want."

Jessica detached herself from Taeyeon, only to be pulled back. She squirmed under his hold but Taeyeon had another plan. He kissed Jessica's neck, eliciting moans and groans from his wife. He smiled, ready to get some action tonight.

"T-Taengoo.." Jessica let out in a shaky voice, her grip on Taeyeon's shirt tightening.

Taeyeon hummed, lips traveling to Jessica's ears.

"Tae..ng--"

"Mom? Dad?" they heard Hyunoo's groggy voice and Jessica immediately pushed Taeyeon away before walking to the bed where Hyunoo was lying, leaving a very frustrated Taeyeon.

"Hey," said Jessica, sitting on the edge of the bed, rubbing Hyunoo's arm gently. "Is there something wrong?"

Hyunoo's eyes met Taeyeon's as he sat on the bed beside Jessica. He smiled at Hyunoo, receiving the same dimpled-smile in return.

"I'm hungry," said Hyunoo, sitting up on his bed. "Can we eat?"

Jessica smiled, standing up from the bed before she beckoned Hyunoo and Taeyeon to do the same. "I guess it's time for dinner," she said, throwing Taeyeon a teasing look for a moment before pulling Hyunoo up.

Taeyeon reluctantly rose up from the bed, internally groaning at the interruption.

**

Jessica walked across the tiled floor, face adorned by a wide smile as she waves at Sunny. Their Tokyo vacation had been exceptionally memorable. Hyunoo and Taeyeon spent most of their times together roaming Tokyo while Jessica chose to stay behind, wanting to give Taeyeon and Hyunoo some alone time. One afternoon, Hyunoo and Taeyeon came back to the hotel with a box that they tried to hide from Jessica, only for her to find out the next day that her husband brought their son a game console. Taeyeon slept beside Hyunoo that night.

"I missed you!" Sunny practically threw herself towards Jessica as soon as Jessica was a foot away, making Jessica stumble backwards a little.

Jessica giggled, wrapping her arms around Sunny's waist. "I missed you, too!"

She extended a paper bag towards Sunny as soon as they pulled away from the hug.

"What's this?" Sunny asked, eyeing the white paper bag before taking it.

"A little present."

"A game console?" Sunny had an incredulous look in her face. "What am I, seven?"

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Look, it's 3DS," she pointed at the box, "Taeyeon said it's a new release and that you'll like it."

Sunny scoffed. "When did Taeng started knowing things about me?" her eyes inspected the console, "That's just creepy. Is he my stalker now?"

Jessica narrowed her eyes at Sunny. "Hey, that's my husband we're talking about," she took the game console from Sunny, "I'll just give this to Hyo, I bet she'll appreciate this."

Sunny laughed, taking the console from Jessica again. "I was just kidding," she smiled with closed lips, eyes narrowing into crescent, "I love it. Thanks Sica!"

After talking to Sunny for about fifteen minutes, Jessica proceeded to her husband's office. Taeyeon had his chair turned towards the wide window as he looked at the Han River, seemingly lost in his own thoughts when Jessica stepped inside his office. She walked silently towards him, standing at the back of his chair when she reached his desk. Smirking, she covered Taeyeon's eyes with her hands.

"Guess who," she spoke in her normal voice, adding a little aegyo.

She felt Taeyeon's cheeks stretched.

"Hmm," Taeyeon hummed, "Is this the Japanese model I called for?"

Jessica frowned, took her hands off Taeyeon's eyes and slapped her husband's shoulder.

Taeyeon let out a loud laughter before pulling Jessica to his lap.

"Oh look," he smiled, "It's my beautiful wife."

Jessica blushed, pinching Taeyeon's thigh as her husband's arms encircled her waist, his chin dropping onto her shoulder.

"Missed me?" Jessica said sweetly.

Taeyeon shook his head, making Jessica frown.

"You're always here, in my heart," he kissed her shoulder, "That's why I don't miss you."

"Ew, cheese!" Jessica said in a playful manner.

"You know you love the cheese."

They fell silent for a moment as they stared at the view in front of them.

"Taengoo.."

Taeyeon hummed, rubbing his chin against Jessica's shoulder.

"I'm pregnant," Jessica said in a low and sweet voice, excitement evident in her voice.

When Taeyeon stopped moving, Jessica looked over her shoulder with worried eyes. "Taengoo?" she said, squeezing his hand that was resting on her stomach.

"Pregnant," Taeyeon said in the same tone Jessica had used, making her giggle.

"Are you okay?" she asked, moving out of Taeyeon's lap to stand in front of him. Taeyeon looked up to her from his seat, admiring her beautiful features, before he stood up and hugged her.

"Okay? I'm not just okay," he pulled away, looking straight into Jessica's eyes. "I am extremely happy."

Jessica smiled before placing a peck in her husband's lips.

Taeyeon pulled her closer, mouth moving to Jessica's ear as he whispered, "Let's give our baby a twin," he kissed Jessica's ear, "He might feel lonely inside your tummy."

Jessica laughed, playfully shoving Taeyeon away from her. "How are you even sure it's a boy?" she said, wrapping her hands around Taeyeon's neck.

"Doesn't matter," Taeyeon moved his face towards Jessica's again, "Let's just give him... or her a twin," Taeyeon smiled mischievously, "Right here."

Jessica shook her head with a smile. She never thought she'd see the day that Taeyeon would act like a hormone-raging teenager around her. But Jessica likes it, just as much as she likes it when Taeyeon acts all cheesy.

"Should we start now?" Taeyeon turned them around so Jessica's back was facing his desk. He gently walked them to his desk, their lips connected in a slow but passionate kiss.

Jessica was so lost in the kiss that she forgot they were in her husband's office with a lot of employees outside. She didn't care, though, she was so drunk with happiness.

She felt Taeyeon lifting her before her hit the surface of his desk. She smiled, the thought of in the office was exhilarating.

Taeyeon was just about to her shirt when the door cracked open and Sunny's voice boomed after.

"Ops," she said, making Jessica bury her face in Taeyeon's chest as they both tried to catch their breath. "I-I knocked, but you didn't open. I-I didn't mean to.. uh.. I-I'm s-sorry."

Taeyeon smiled at the short woman and nodded.

"By the way.. I-I didn't s-see.. anything.. I swear," Sunny said before closing the door, locking it as she did.

"That was so embarrassing," Jessica pouted, staring at the buttons of her husband's shirt.

"That wasn't so bad," Taeyeon answered, brushing away the locks that fell in Jessica's face before tilting his wife's face upwards. He leaned in to kiss Jessica again, "Now, where were we?"

**

Hyunoo's eyes widened as he took in the sight in front of him. Mouth fell agape as he said, "I-It's a tree house, Daddy!"

Taeyeon smiled, resting his hand on Hyunoo's shoulder.

"Did you like it?"

Hyunoo nodded, pulling Taeyeon down for a mini bear hug.

"I love it!" he said, jumping up and down in excitement. "Can I climb now?"

Taeyeon nodded and led him to the ladder.

"How come I never noticed you building this?" Hyunoo looked at him with curious eyes.

"That's because I built it somewhere else," Taeyeon ruffled his son's hair before helping him climb up the ladder, "I just installed it on the tree this morning when you left for school."

"You're lying," Hyunoo said, climbing the remaining steps. "You can't build a tree house somewhere else and just put it here when it's all done."

Taeyeon chuckled, following Hyunoo up the tree house. "Apparently, you can. There's a lot of high-tech tools now."

Hyunoo shrugged his shoulders as he sat on a corner, choosing to believe his father instead. "What's that?" he asked, pointing at a large square sitting on the opposite corner of the tree house.

Taeyeon smiled before crawling to take off the white cloth from the thing Hyunoo had pointed. "Do you know what this is?" he asked, looking back at his son with a smile.

Hyunoo's eyes sparkled. "It's a canvas!" he beamed, standing up and walking towards the huge painting canvas. "And it's huuugeeeeee!"

Taeyeon nodded before giving Hyunoo another surprise. "Here," he said, offering Hyunoo a rectangular box. "I hope you like it."

"Paint brushes! And paints!" Hyunoo exclaimed, happiness evident in his voice. "Thanks Daddy!" he added, throwing his arms around Taeyeon's neck.

Hyunoo started painting on the canvas as soon as they pulled away from the embrace while Taeyeon sat on the opposite corner, watching his son do his thing.

"Hey, buddy," he said, making Hyunoo turn to look at him. "I wanted to tell you something," he patted the space beside him and Hyunoo immediately moved to sit on it.

"You see," Taeyeon started, his son's hair. "Mommy just told me a great news."

Hyunoo nodded, signaling for his father to continue.

"I-Is it okay if you.. uh.. you'll have a baby sister.. or brother?"

Hyunoo looked at him for a moment, trying to make sense of his question.

"Are we having a baby?" he asked innocently, making Taeyeon smile.

"Mommy and I are going to have a baby," Taeyeon corrected, "While you are going to have a sibling."

Hyunoo nodded.

"That's okay with you, right?"

Hyunoo nodded again.

"Really okay?"

Hyunoo rolled his eyes. "It would be nice if I'll have a sibling to share my tree house with," he smiled at Taeyeon, "Besides, I want a new playmate, too."

Taeyeon frowned, playfully narrowing his eyes at Hyunoo. "You don't want to play with me anymore?"

Hyunoo stuck his tongue out at his father before declaring, "Tickle fight!"

Jessica smiled, hearing Hyunoo's giggles mixing with Taeyeon's laughter from the newly installed tree house.

**

Taeyeon slipped under the covers, pulling the body beside him close.

"Taengoo," Jessica said, opening her eyes. A peck landed on her temple before she heard Taeyeon hum.

"I love you," Taeyeon nuzzled his nose against his wife’s hair, smelling the familiar scent of strawberry. Jessica's scent was addicting. He swore he could still smell it even when he's in his office, working.

Jessica hummed and smiled as Taeyeon’s hand went to her growing tummy, rubbing it gently.

“I love you, too.”

Taeyeon turned her around, locking their eyes in a loving gaze. He slowly inched closer, capturing Jessica's lips in a chaste kiss.

"Happy anniversary, Sica-yah," he smiled, brushing his nose against Jessica's after pulling away from the kiss.

Jessica smiled, something that was reserved for Taeyeon. "Happy anniversary, Taengoo," she interlaced their fingers, "Thank you for making me happy."

"Anything for you, jagiya."