3. Orientation/ The Odd-Student

My Roommate is Byun Baekhyun!?

IMPORTANT: I wrote the story before but decided to change back to my usual writing style because I didn't like how the story was sounding using 'you'/ 'your'. I also edited the chapter 1+2 along the way. This won't happen again, but if you have subscribed before, you may wanna re-read the chapter. Sorry D; But you know I love you guys right? ;)

 

 

3. Orientation/ The Odd-Student
 

B a e k h y u n

Jongin and I arrive to the orientation just in time. If we’d arrive any later we would have earned glares from all angles of the main hall. I couldn’t imagine what that monkey will experience when she finally arrives to orientation late. Serves her right.

“Hyung, you could’ve invited her,” Jongin whispered as we manage to sneak a seat in the back.

“I don’t want to,” I whisper back, giving Jongin a curious glance, “Why are you so interested in her all of a sudden? You’re never like this.”

Jongin really never had any interest in any girls. Not ever since junior high school but that was a while back. Girls would practically throw themselves on Jongin and he still wouldn’t flinch. But he somehow introduces himself to that monkey Jihae.

“What about you hyung? Why do you dislike her so much?”

“Can’t you see? She obviously got here with money. She’s just some talentless moneybag,” I said.

Jongin laughed, “How come I think differently of her, hyung? She was even carrying a guitar on her back,” Jongin paused for a moment before continuing, “She just seems, different- like a breath of fresh air.”

Like a breath of fresh air? I didn’t know what Jongin saw in that girl. Her hair was messy, she wore thick framed glasses and she wasn’t exactly the smartest girl. Most of the time she’s either moody or blank. There were many other prettier girls on campus but I guess it was Jongin’s strange preference.  

The main part of the orientation was held up. Apparently they were waiting for their last student to arrive. Orientation worked differently in this college. Every semester the director only admitted 4 students- 2 guys and 2 girls. But this year, the director rambled on about finding some talented student hat he couldn’t refuse so he broke the tradition and admitted 5 students this semester. An odd-number student? It would explain why I suddenly had a roommate.

After waiting a few minutes, the door opens with everyone diverting their attention to the poor latecomer. My lips slightly curl in satisfaction, of course it’d be Lee Jihae- the latecomer and also the odd-number student. Such a poor and unlucky monkey. 

She entered the hall wearing her uniform as though she only had 2 minutes to get ready. She earned glares from all angels of the hall as the director kindly invited her on stage. The director was a kind man who was understanding towards anyone that had talent- no matter how rude and selfless a person was. Either that, or Jihae’s parents must have given him a fortune.

Jihae joined the remaining 4 students sitting on the stage. She looked terribly nervous as the director continued his speech. There’s just no way that someone like her was talented- not someone that had stage fright. 

 

Orientation went by extremely slowly with the director rambling on about great achievements and Jongin sitting next to me loudly admiring how ‘cute’ Jihae was on stage. He was probably intoxicated from some substance because all I saw was a girl that had stage fright.

I make my way back to my dorm room to rest for classes tomorrow. Jongin wanted to follow me back into the room but I tell him that I needed to rest. And knowing Jongin, he did not want to meet an angry Baek.

7:30 a.m start tomorrow. Wonderful.

Opening the door I notice that Jihae hadn’t returned yet. She was probably out on some tour with the director and left the room a complete mess. Her clothes were scattered everywhere and the bathroom lights were left on. I sigh as I kick her stuff to a corner and turn off the lights. I don’t think I would ever get use to this. I continue kicking her stuff along the floors when a purple bra got caught in between my foot.

“Aissh. That dirty monkey has no shame!” I pick up her purple bra looking at the size (cause it’s what all guys do, girls) when I hear the door close. ! ! !

I quickly hid her bra behind my back, giving her one of my killer smiles. Jihae crossed her arms unimpressed. She was covered in dirt as she gave me the evils. Something told me that she wasn’t in a good mood, and I couldn’t care less why, obviously.

“,” she scoffed before retreating to the bathroom.

My face burned red as I chuck her bra off to one side running up to my bunk in shame.

J i h a e

Orientation was a complete disaster that I would never want to revisit again. Ever.

After that dreadful event, the direct personally gave the five us a tour around the college campus. The four students walked with the director while I followed behind them like some loner. It seemed like they didn’t really welcome my presence, but that didn’t really bother me. I was more interested in finding my way around the college trying to memorise the surroundings.

The sun was about to set and the pink-orange skies have new life to the college sandstone buildings. Before I even realised, I fell into my own reverie of thoughts.

I wondered how the other students thought of me. I wonder if I will survive living in a dorm with Baekhyun. Will I even get to meet Jongin again?

The director caught me off-guard when he suddenly started asking me questions about my college life thus far. I answer him like any other person would. I told him that it’s not really that I enjoyed the college life, but more that I treasured the opportunity. I couldn’t lie to him- I hated my dorm and the other 4 students that are supposed to ‘be in the same boat’ as me weren’t exactly the nicest people on the campus. I was just thankful that they accepted me in S.Mart Academy.

“You’re quite unique, aren’t you?” the director pointed out. The other four students gave me a dirty glare, as if I’d taken their favourite toy away from them.

“Oh, not really,” I answered him honestly before walking ahead. The director clapped his hands which kind of spooked me a little. I though he was going to scold me for being ‘rude’.

As nice as he was, there was some creepy side to him that I just couldn’t trust.

“Well, that ends our tour. I hope that you all have a good night’s rest for classes tomorrow. Be up bright and early,” he says before leaving the five of us alone.

Funny that the four other students decide talk to me when the director had left; 

“Well, if it isn’t the odd-numbered student?” one remarked.

“I heard that they didn’t have enough room in the girls’ dorm, so they placed her in the mixed dorm. I almost feel sorry for her,” another commented as the 4 students look at me in disgust.

Being the slow person that I was, I just couldn’t bring myself to understand what they meant? What’s an odd-numbered student?

They wait till now to gang up on me with insults. I roll my eyes, typical.

“Why? Scared that I will take your fame away?” I fire back at them.

“!” a girl came screaming ahead as she slapped me across the face.

That just didn’t. I cup my hand on my cheek staring angrily at them. What right did they have to slap me? Before I knew it, the others surrounded me, pushing me around until I eventually fell on the ground.

“Why should we be scared of someone as weak as you,” a guy scoffed. He shoved me back to the ground with his shoe, leaving dirt imprints on my uniform. The rest of the students laughed.

“4 against 1 or the whole school against 1?” they laughed as they walked away in the distance.

The nerve of those y brats. I was put into a very foul mood before I arrive back to the dorm just after sunset. Walking around the dorm in the dark wasn’t really my cup of tea. Especially when I am afraid of the dark.  

I open the door to discover that jerk Baekhyun hiding something behind his back. I wasn’t in the mood to bicker or argue, cause being the human that I was- I was already hurt from today.  

‘Tsk. ,” I scoff as I retreat to the bathroom to wash up. 

 

I toss and turn in bed, unable to sleep. I kept thinking about what those bastards said to me earlier.

An odd-numbered student?

Someone as weak as me?

They probably don’t know anything about me to say such rude things. I toss over to the other side of bed sighing. If they hate me, then I assume everyone else would too. Everyone I’ve met had either been a or a jerk- except for Mi Young and Jongin. I lie flat in bed, facing the mattress.

“Yah, you better get to sleep,” his voice threatened, yet it sounded velvet and muffled.

“Can’t you tell I’m trying to, ert” I murmur back annoyed.

I could sense a dark and agitated aura hovering above me. Baekhyun started to chuckle before clearing his throat.

“32 A,” he mutters. 

Long time to writes guys :) How do you like it so far? I hope you all understand why I changed the writing style- I tried for something new, but I just couldn't do it D; Anywhos, I finally have a cover for the story! Isn't it nice? It's simple and I think it's perfect! (Thanks so much lovingu graphics ♥ ♥

On another note, I just finished watching EXO Showtime. There's no more eps;; (runs to a corner and cries) but now I just hope that they have some rest! They're everywhere from one country to another attending award shows D; 

Don't forget to show me your love and Subscribe/ upvotes~