2. Byun Baekhyun/ Hwang Mi Young

My Roommate is Byun Baekhyun!?

IMPORTANT: I wrote the story before but decided to change back to my usual writing style because I didn't like how the story was sounding using 'you'/ 'your'. I also edited the chapter 1+2 along the way. This won't happen again, but if you have subscribed before, you may wanna re-read the chapter. Sorry D; But you know I love you guys right? ;)

 

2. Byun Baekhyun/ Hwang Mi Young

 

Looking for where my dorm was, I navigated through the college grounds rolling a suitcase in one hand while awkwardly holding an oversized map on the other hand. I figured that I should find my dorm and change into my uniform before going to orientation which was at 3 p.m. That way my uniform would stay clean and I wouldn’t risk it getting dirty- it was pretty expensive after all.

I spin in all different directions trying to encode the map when I accidently bump into another stranger.

“I’m so sorry, I was just-” I bowed trying to apologise when I get interrupted.

“Oh no! It’s ok!” She waved her hands around smiling. Her brown hair glistened in the sun as she stares at my map with her dark brown eyes.

“Are you new here?” She asked.

“Yeah, how’d you know?”  I answer her slightly surprised at how nice she was after I’d nearly run her over with my gigantic suitcase. If it were me, it’ll probably be a different story.

“Because we don’t often get unrecognisable faces here- plus, you have a map,” she pointed.

“Oh. It’s pretty obvious isn’t it?” I reply shyly.

“Yeah, but it’s ok. Did you need a hand in finding your dorm building?” she offered. “Oh, and by the way, I’m Hwang Mi Young it’s nice to meet you.”

“Oh, that would be great! Thank you Mi Young! I’m Lee Jihae” I smile at her awkwardly not knowing whether I should have introduced myself first or answered her question first- another reason to hate double-barrelled questions.

I struggle to fold the oversized map before digging through my jean pocket to find my acceptance letter.

“I’m in MXD001,” I tell her.

For a fancy college, they sure used weird methods of naming their dorms. I was expecting something more exciting but I wasn’t in any place to complain.

Mi Young shot me with a strange look before leaning forward to check my letter. She smiled pointing directly behind me.

“It seems you’ve already found it.”

I turn around to see that Mi Young was pointing to a large building sitting yards away.

“Mixed-dorm building 1,” she remarked.

“Wait. Did you just say mixed?” I stare at Mi Young with wide eyes.

“Yeah, what’s wrong with that?” Mi young placed her arms around your shoulder, “All the hot guys are probably in there. You should be excited; just don’t be naughty,” she giggled before checking her watch.

 “Jihae, I have to go and get changed for orientation! I’ll see you around, yeah?” Mi Young waved before running off in a distance leaving me to stare at the dorm building dumbfounded. At least she was much nicer than that jerk I had bump into before although she seemed like she was a ‘go to college and get a guy’ kind of girl.

 

I enter the dorm building to find a floor map of the whole dorm on the first floor.

“Room 346, room 346, room 346,” I mumble as my finger scanned the map for the room, “Ah! Here it is.”

According to the map, the room that I would be living in was located at the very end of the left hall on the fourth floor. In other words- it was the farthest room of the whole freaking dorm.

I sighed as I drag my suitcase across the carpet to the staircase, struggling along with every step of the way. On the outside the dorm was a beautiful sandstone building. Unfortunately the inside of the dorm desperately needed a paint job, new lighting and an elevator.

I manage to miraculously make it alive to the fourth floor and began heading towards the left hall, observing every door on the way. Each room had double wooden doors with long handled door knobs, gold plated numbers and a small peeping hole below the room number. It took a good five minutes to reach one side of the hall to the other where room 346 was located. I fish for the keys in my pocket when I hear some guy’s voice on the other side of the door. I have a mental breakdown and a mini stomping tantrum on the spot before I mustered the courage to place one hand on the door knob. What if he’s old? What if he’s some sick ert? I shake my head, removing those thoughts. It can’t be that bad, this is after all a good arts college. I place the key in the door when the door handle moved downwards. I take my key back stepping back as one of the half doors open.

“What are you doing?” a cold voice asked.

That voice sounded really familiar. Really really familiar.

My eyes shifted from the door knob onto his white shirt, denim jacket and face.

“You- you’re that jerk from this morning,” I yell pointing at his face.

He wasn’t wearing sunglasses this time, so I take a look at his small brown eyes. His eyes reminded me of the ones you’d see on a cute innocent puppy- small, round and slightly angled. This time however, I wasn’t going to fall for his charms no matter what.

He his lips before giving me a sneer.

“Omo, look at this,”

“This?” I raise my eyebrows at what he just referred me to as. How rude.

“If you came about this morning, sorry,” judging by the tone, his apology was anything but sincere. It seemed that he was more like, ‘Sorry but it was your fault in the first place- if you had move it wouldn’t have happened.’ I stare at him in disbelief as he attempts to close the door. I manage to stop him by quickly placing my foot between the doors.

“This is my room,” I declared firmly, giving the jerk a stern face.

“Tsk. Yeah right,” he rolled his eyes before shoving me again, closing the door in front of my eyes. ‘Aisshh, the nerve of that jerk!’

I bang on the door furiously before remembering that I had my own key to the room. He doesn’t believe me? Then I’ll just make him believe it. I don’t like this any more than he does, but there’s no choice- I need a room to eat, sleep and shower in.’

I enter the room scanning every corner for that jerk. The room was spacious and furnished with a large bunk bed, living room, kitchenette and a shared bathroom. I don’t think that I would ever get comfortable with the thought of sharing a bathroom with the jerk- never ever. Just the thought of having to share a bathroom with him irked me.

I continue to scan the room to find the jerk lying on the top bunk of the bed reading a magazine, shirtless. A second thing I don’t think I can get used to. I drag my suitcase over the wooden floorboards, while avoiding his eye contact. I notice that stupid orange suitcase on the bottom bed. Worst of all- his crap was scattered everywhere on the bed.

“Yah! Get your crap off my bed!”   

“Your bed?” He frowned as he tilted his head over the bed, “It’s not yours,” he affirmed, before lying back down to read his magazine.

How greedy could a person get? I stare at the suitcase that was occupying my bed, trying to find come cool and unique way to get rid of it when someone starts knocking at the door.

“Baekhyun-hyung! It’s time to go orientation! Let’s go~”

“Awwh, I’ll be out in a bit Jongin-ah”

Baekhyun? Was that his name? And who is Jongin?

Baekhyun shot up from bed taking his uniform from my bed. He quickly puts it on before opening the door, giving me a slight sneer as it chucks his magazine on my bed. I stand still watching him slightly dazed- did he just change in front of me?

“Hyung, whose that?” he asked as he moved his head slightly past Baekhyun’s to get a better look at me.

“My lovely roommate,” he rolled his eyes in sarcasm- at least he admitted that I was his roommate.

“She’s cute, what’s her name?” he chuckled slightly as I blush a little from his unexpected compliment.

“Moneky,” Baekhyun coldly replied, unimpressed by my reaction and Jongin’s interest in me.

Monkey? MONKEY? I pout at him giving him a stern face.

“You’re the monkey!” I scoff. Jongin patted Baekhyun shoulders and laughed along casually. It was true though. If you’d guess who the monkey out of the both of us was, it’d be Baekhyun. Hands down. I didn’t want to be stuck with money so I decided to introduce myself to him- I mean he seemed like a nice guy.

“I’m Lee Jihae,” I suddenly remark bashfully.

 “I’m Kim Jongin, you must be new here,” his voice was as warm as his smile. I give him a shy bow, flustered by his charm. Judging him by his first impression (shallow, I know) he was definitely between the lines of a ridiculously good-looking player.

Baekhyun began to close the door when Jongin stops him.

“Hyung, let her come along too! The more the merrier,” Jongin offered, “Plus she probably doesn’t know her way her as well as we do.”

“She knows her way,” Baekhyun scoffed before closing the door abruptly.

“See you around!” Jongin shouted from behind the door as I could hear Baekhyun pushing him away.

The nerve of that jerk.  I kick his suitcase off my bed and onto the floor, chucking out his scattered belongings along with it. I lie on the bed with the back of my hands covering my eyes.

Wait a minute, were they going to the orientation?

I shot up from bed, looking at the clock ticking away in the distance.

Oh crap. Orientation in five minutes. 

 

♥♥ I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. I'm sorry the story is a little slow. It'll pick up pace after 5-ish chapter? Anyways, I decided to update today to celebrate Valentine's Day~~ and well ... I also had nothing better to do HAHA! Oh, I'm so lonely... Anywhos, I hope that probably next week, I will have a poster for this fanfic and will update often~~~ ♥♥