1. What? I got accepted?!/ Meeting Lee Ji Hae

My Roommate is Byun Baekhyun!?

Hello everyone! Thanks for taking the time to read my new fanfic! The beginning is kinda slow but it gets better as the chapters go by! PROMISE :) P.S Ji Hae the main girl (You) have a habit of mumbling/ muttering your thoughts aloud so that is symbolised by GREY ITALICS :) 

IMPORTANT: I wrote the story before but decided to change back to my usual writing style because I didn't like how the story was sounding using 'you'/ 'your'. I also edited the chapter 1+2 along the way. This won't happen again, but if you have subscribed before, you may wanna re-read the chapter. Sorry D; But you know I love you guys right? ;)

Enjoy the story, and don't forget to subscribe for updates ~ :D

 

1. What? I got accepted?!/ Meeting Lee Ji Hae

 

 

♪ ♪~나 으르렁 으르렁 으르렁 대~~ 나 으르렁 으르렁 으르렁 대~~ ♪ ♪

Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae

I wake up to my favourite alarm tone and shoot out of bed, hastily making my way downstairs. It didn’t matter that I’d forgotten to wear my glasses, or that my messy bun was falling out of place as I ran downstairs. I just had to get to the front door; I just had to be the first person to get the mail.

I manage to make my way downstairs despite being as blind as a mole without my glasses.

“Huh? Where’s the mail gone? It’s usually here,” I scratch my clueless messy head before feeling a gentle tap on my shoulders. I turn around to see In-ae standing behind me. She looked kind of silly as she sneered at me with a mouth full of foam while holding her toothbrush.

“Jihae-unnie, are you looking for these?” she smiled mischievously as she waved a pile of letters in front of me, my eyes following intently.

“In-ae, give them to me now!” I yell at her before trying to snatch the letters away. Unfortunately with my poor co-ordination skills I failed miserably.

“Uh-ah. Unnie, at least wear your glasses before running like some maniac to get the mail. You wouldn’t even be able to read them,” she teased.

I sighed as I rolled my eyes.

“Fine.”

I admitted defeat to my little sister and began heading back upstairs to retrieve my glasses. In-ae was my smart little sister. Not only that, but she made up for everything I lacked- she was cute, kind and lovable. I on the other hand, was dumb, moody and unlovable. There was no point in arguing with her cause she would always win, and I would always lose. Aren’t we a good pair?

I took 4 steps up the stairs when In-ae rushes ahead of me,

“Congratulations Unnie,” She says as she ditched the letters in my arms to run back into the bathroom.

Being on the slow side it took me awhile to figure out what she meant.

“Wait, In-ae did you read it?” I shout at her when I found out that she had opened my letter only to hear her cheeky little laugh from the bathroom. Aiishhhh that In-ae.

I’ve been busy applying for colleges ever since the last year of high school with no luck. Academics just wasn’t my thing; I would much rather curl in bed with my guitar Jin and just write songs than read a bunch of books that never made any sense.

I managed to find my glasses before sitting on my bed holding the letter that In-ae had selflessly opened. A part of me wanted In-ae’s words to be true; did I really get accepted? Or was it all a part of In-ae’s cruel joke on her dumb sister? Whatever the case was, I was going to find out one way or another. I take a deep breath, okay, here goes nothing. Without another thought I pull the piece of paper out of the envelope.

Congratulations Lee Jihae,

Your student application to S.Mart Academy has been accepted. Please ensure that all final paperwork is completed on/or before the 31st March.

I slap myself on the cheek just in case I was still dreaming. I made it to college, I finally got accepted! I let out a happy shriek before jumping on my bed laughing hysterically. I didn’t even care that mum, dad and In-ae were at my door watching me like I was some crazy women off the street. I actually made it to college- and it’s the most renowned arts college in Seoul!

 

Just a day before orientation day I began making my preparations by packing my belongings neatly in a suitcase. After all, S.Mart Academy was a dormitory college.

“Is it an all-girls dorm, or will you be sleeping with a bunch of men?” my dad asks while handing me some vitamins and medications.

“Well, dad they’re not going to make me sleep with a guy,” I answer him like it was a given. I mean, isn’t it obvious? Girls with girls and bros with bros, that’s how it works.

“I was just asking you dear, no need to get all defensive. Even I know that girls and guys sleep in separate dorms, or I wouldn’t have let you go,” he snickered before handing me more stuff to pack.

It’s always the dads that are over-protective. Dad was against me going to an arts college and wanted me to apply for an academic college instead. He kept whining that a degree in arts didn’t really secure you a real job as much as, say a degree in business would. Too bad grades weren’t my thing and even dad realised this. He eventually gave up in his hope and finally allowed me to pursue music as a career. It was a sad reality but he had to accept it. Mum, on the other hand has always cool about this. She loved my songs and even says that I should have auditioned for Superstar K or The Voice Korea. Too bad dad didn’t approve so I guess going to an arts college was a neutral agreement between my parents.

I pack everything that I could possibly need while staying in a dorm; spare clothes, glasses, books and most importantly, Jin*. Jin was the name I’d given to my precious customised guitar. I called it Jin because I felt that I was able to become a different person through music- as if I became my true self. Even though it may sound a little corny, I really loved and treasured Jin.

*Jin means Truth in Korean. 

 

After the constant nagging of my parents to stay safe and keep studying, I left my home and arrived at Seoul Station. It was a good 3 hour train ride from my hometown Gwangju to Seoul but it beats catching a taxi and having to face a very awkward conversation with some weirdo Ajusshi for 5 hours.

I dressed comfortably in a black loose fitted sweater and beige skinnies as I scan for the college while walking from the subway station. My eyes wondered around as I spotted the S.Mart academy gates, catching my breath after walking up a steep hill. A thing I couldn’t get used to in Seoul- lots of steep hills and the place was badly polluted and overcrowded. The other students however, were dropped off in fancy black cars in front of the roundabout located right in front of the main gates. They were dressed formally and even had others wheeling their suitcases for them. Somehow it reminded me of the Korean drama Boys over Flowers.

Walking through the gates was like entering a Korean version of the Birmingham Palace. The exterior of the college was just too beautiful to describe in words. I continued to admire the view in awe when I hear a person shouting behind me.

“Oi! You’re blocking the damn path!”

I turn around to see a guy wheeling an orange suitcase behind me. He wore a white shirt under a light blue denim jacket with sunglasses. Everything he wore matched his light brown hair that was slightly waved. I stare flustered by his charisma, forgetting that he had just shouted at me to get off the path.

“Are you deaf? I told you to move!” He shouted again.

“Oh?” I uttered, still a little confused about the whole situation.

“MOVE!” he yelled before placing both of his hands on my shoulders.

I stare at my reflection on his sunglasses through my glasses, eyes wide rounded. He gave me a sly smile before shoving me ruthlessly off the path and onto the grass before rolling his suitcase through the gates. I watch him enter the college dazed. Did he just ually harass me? Even if he was a little bit handsome, he could have at least just wheeled the suitcase around me. I stare at the width of the white path which could’ve easily fit 5 people across. I pull myself up from the grass brushing the dirt off my skinnies I can’t believe he rudely shoved a poor defenceless girl off a wide path I complained, as I dust my hands from the dirt and grass stains.   

Well, there you have it :) I hope you liked the first chapter.