Her Popularity Rises

Prodigy's Music

Sungha’s POV~

I so hoped that I could wake up and pretend that yesterday was just one of my crazy dreams. I would’ve been happy with one where you are surrounded by spiders, standing in front of the class in only your underwear, or anything. But when I got to school, it seemed like yesterday wasn’t just another bizarre dream.

“Sungha! You ran out yesterday and we didn’t’ get a chance to ask you!” Neil whined, pulling on my limp arm.

“A-ask what?” I replied but I already knew the answer that was about to come.

“About your foreign girlfriend! I heard she’s taking the queenka spot from IU!” That got my attention. How is Eunjae already taking the spot? I don’t know if you already noticed, but I actually have a crush on our school’s queenka, IU. She’s completely pure and beautiful and everyone’s idol because well...she’s actually an idol. Yup, the singer/ actress IU goes to my school.

“And speak of the princess.” Chunji says with his usual smiles. We all turn our heads and see IU walking in through the school entrance with a radiant smile on her face. We met eyes for the slightest second and I quickly looked away, already feeling my cheeks turning a rosy red.

“Look at that, she has great timing coming after IU.” ChangJo said and I turned back around and saw Eunjae walk in. Everyone turned heads at her for both her beauty and looks. She still had on a boy’s uniform and carried herself in a way that made people want to make an open path for her. She stopped shortly and scanned the room. I knew right away who she was looking for and hid behind C.A.P but it was too late when I heard her yell out,

“Sungha!”

Eunjae’s POV~

We were still in the halls since class wouldn’t start for another ten or so minutes and I wanted to spend every time opportunity with him. I yelled out his name through the crowd and ran up to him and what I assumed to be his group of friends, ignoring the glares and whispers I was receiving.

“How dare she be so informal and rude to our flower boy?”

“I can’t believe she has the nerve to do so.” Everyone continued to hiss how since I was from the states I was so rude and ignorant. To be completely honest, the states do get you to toughen up and little and lose a bit of your senses, but we aren’t all rude! I was still raised in a Korean family but I was tired of them being too uptight, it’s more fun when you go with the flow J

“Hi there, I’m Eunjae. Can I borrow Sungha for a second?” I asked but a boy who seemed like the youngest stood in front, yet his height made you doubt it.

“Um Sungha’s kind of busy but I can take a message, I’m ChangJo.”

“Hi ChangJo, I just wanted to ask Sungha if he was free after school today.”

“EH?!?!?!” Everyone around me shouted. Heads turned, glares intensified, and shouts filled the halls.

“U-um Sungha doesn’t really date…” A boy with full lips and a charismatic glow began.

“Neil don’t make it seem like our Sungha doesn’t like pretty girls.” A pretty boy stepped in and winked at me that caused some of the girls behind me to melt.

“You can all come along if you want to.” I added. This only made more students faint at the sight and their eyes became: O_O

I rolled my eyes out of a habit and added,

“It’s not a date I only want to hear Sungha play guitar and him to give me a few pointers or something.”

IU’s POV~

Of course the conversation that caught everyone’s attention traveled to my ears. You can tell Sungha was clearly troubled by this by his stiff posture and timid eyes.

“Then you can come during lunch when he rehearses and see him like everyone else.” One of his friends, Riki, said and they gently led Sungha away. The new girl, Eunjae, simply stood there puffing out her cheeks before shrugging it off and walking to her class as if nothing happened. She’s so different; she has such a feel about her like she knows what she wants.

“IU are you coming?” My friends motioned me and I took one last glance at the scene before jogging along to my class.