Secret Gift

Prodigy's Music

Sungha’s POV~

After class, I stepped outside for a split second before I was pelted with questions.

“Do you know her?!?!”

“Way to go man, didn’t know you had it in you!”

“Ne oppa is it true she’s your fiancée?!?”

I don’t even know where half of these questions came from so I made a run for it. I tightened my hold on my guitar strap and ran for my favorite class: music. I just shut the door to the music room behind me, slumping down to catch my breath when I was startled by knock on the door behind me.

“Excuse me?” Her voice was slightly muffled due to the door and wall’s thickness; it’s a music room after all right? Yet I instantly knew it was her again. Yup, it was the same girl from my previous class who asked to be my student before the teacher sat her down.

“Oh, hello there.” She said upon realizing my presence. She stepped inside and some of the student’s heads turned in awe. I didn’t really pay much attention to her before seeing as I was occupied by a bigger situation, but she’s actually really pretty. She has full cherry lips, porcelain skin that gives off a healthy glow, a small statue and an ant waist, orange brown hair that cascades down her straight back, and eyes that seem to make you want to laugh or smile along with her. In all, she was a pure beauty.

“Um, are you lost?” I offered awkwardly. She looked around at all the music stands, chairs, and instruments and smiled.

“No, I think I’m in the right place-”

“Ah are you little Miss Yoon by chance?” Our music teacher came in from her office and shook hand with Eunjae. Eh?! Do they know one another by chance? She looked a bit embarrassed from all this attention but never the less, she introduced herself.

“Oh Sungha, have you met our newest musical prodigy?” I tried to give off a laugh, but it came out to be an awkward chuckle. I never really did like the word prodigy, it made it seem like everyone would be expecting something of me.

“N-neh, we’re classmates.” This only seemed to amuse the teacher before she turned her attention back to Eunjae.

“Well, we are very honored to have you accompany the piano. May you please give us a little demonstration?” She seemed a little troubled and looked down at her shoes,

“I haven’t really practiced since I left the states which was around 2 weeks ago? I don’t have very much confidence in it right now.” But regardless of her state, the teacher’s a very persistent person and pushed Eunjae to sit down on the piano.

I didn’t want to be a bother or have anything to do with this, so I took out my piano from its case and began strumming each string, making sure all 6 were in tune. Yet as I was in the middle of tuning my E string, I couldn’t help but look up in amazement. I didn’t know that she could play like that. The melody at first started slow and calming, but she then suddenly took a beat of pause, and began playing “Flight of the Bumblebees.” It was quite entertaining to see her fingers dance across the key’s like that.

After she plucked the last key, everyone stood up and applauded her. The teacher seemed as giddy as anyone and complimented her,

 

“Marvelous! I thought you haven’t played in a while? Such a joker! Did you have any motivation?” I saw her gazing at me and our eyes locked for a mere second before she replied,

“It was a gift meant for someone, so I tried my best.” The teacher nodded and clapped her hands, signaling everyone needs to be in a chair. I was still confused by Eunjae’s reply and she walked over to me. I was sitting in a chair so she obviously towered over me, just a little.

“Happy Birthday.” She whispered so only I could hear and walked back toward the piano to where the teacher handed her our school’s music sheets. Wait. I checked the nearby calendar and was shocked. I usually don’t really celebrate, let alone remember, these things but she was right. Today was September 2, my birthday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aw look at that, Eunjae said happy birthday :D I decided to update since today is Sept. 2 (Sungha's real birthday) so I hope he has all his wonderful wishes come true and I hope you guys enjoyed this fun update :)