Part 1

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 1, 2014

***

 

          “Taeyeon-ah~ Wake up! Your hot chick assistant called me up to inform you that you’re already late in your 20th cancelled appointment and it has been also 5 days since you’ve gone to work so she asked me to barged in here.”

 

Taeyeon ignored the person as she continues to snuggle on her pillow.

 

          “Taeyeon~!!!!” The latter finally screamed.

 

Taeyeon shifted her position, facing the latter who is standing on the left edge of her bed.

 

          “I’m not going to work.”

 

          “Shut up and get ready! I’m gonna be late too! If this wasn’t because of your fcking Hot Chick assistant, I wouldn’t fetch y—” She was cut off by Taeyeon’s shocking words…

 

 

 

          “I lost my job….” Taeyeon said groggily.      

 

          “ING WHAT?!”

 

As the sunlight gets into her room, Taeyeon stood up and searched for her slippers. The girl noticed from Taeyeon’s silhouette that she had lost a great mass of weight. She could see her visible ribs beneath her shirt, and as Taeyeon turned her gaze into her, she noticed that her innocent and gorgeous eyes are now forming dark circles under it.

 

          “Watch your words Yul.” Taeyeon shove her hands on Yuri’s head.

 

          “Taeyeon? Are you Okay?” Yuri said calmly.

 

          “I’m fine. Let’s go downstairs. I’m sure you didn’t eat some breakfast yet. Am I right?”

 

          “Don’t change the topic Kim Taeyeon. Why did you lost your job?!”

 

          “I hate it when you call me by my complete name.” Taeyeon pouted and Yul intently stared at her.

 

          “Okay. Okay. I quit my job. I’m bored with it.” She said straightforwardly.

 

Yuri’s eyes and mouth were fell open. She waved her hands in front of Taeyeon’s face, just to make sure that she is really “THE” Kim Taeyeon.

 

          “What the? YOU’RE THE FAMOUS KIM TAEYEON! THE YOUGEST AND THE MOST INTELLIGENT ARCHITECT IN OUR GENERATION!

 

She still cannot believe what’s going on.

 

 

 

“….The thing I suddenly remembered was her smile I keep trying to erase it but it just gets clearer…” Taeyeon said as she tries to hold a grip on the door’s knob. (A/N: That's the First  Stanza of the song, Set Me Free)

         

          “What?!”

 

          “I was a jerk Yul… I WAS A JERK!” Taeyeon suddenly broke down from her emotion as she starts to punch her chest.

 

Yuri, who was shocked hurriedly hugged her cousin, preventing to hurt herself…

 

          “Hush... I Get it. I get it. It’s about her…” Yuri said, as she controlled her emotions. She needs to be strong. Taeyeon need her.

 

Taeyeon felt her knees to get weak and she’s losing her complete balance.

 

          “Taeyeon? Taeyeon?!” Yuri said when she felt Taeyeon’s full weight falling into her arms…

 

          “Taeyeon??” She repeated as she held her cousin’s face.

 

          “Sht.” Yuri cussed, realizing that her cousin is unconscious. She doesn’t want her to ;et her rest in her room, seeing her fatigue figure gives Yuri the urge to bring her to the nearest hospital and she gently laid Taeyeon on her bed and hastily searched for her phone and punches the digits to ask for a medical team.

 

 

 

 

***

February 4, 2014

***

          Taeyeon opened her eyes and a familiar white room welcomed her. She roamed her eyes and saw Yuri leaning on the edge of her bed, sleeping…

          “Hey…” She said as she weakly pats on Yul’s head.

The latter slowly lifted her eyes and was shocked that Taeyeon was already awake.

          “You’re awake!” Yuri exclaimed as she hugged her cousin.

 

          “Huh?” Taeyeon said confusedly.

 

          “You’ve been sleeping for about 3 days!” She said as she pushed the button, calling for a nurse to check her.

 

          “WHAT?!”

 

Yuri nods.

 

          “I’ve already called your parents on the day you were brought in the hospital. They were so worried but I'm updating them every hour of the day and they said that they can’t visit you here because there was a storm hitting in their place…”

 

Taeyeon sighed.

 

          “Thanks. B-But… what happen?”

 

          “You were Comatose… You know, a person would only live for about 10 to 11 days without any food and farther days without eating might cause some brain problems or Hypoglycemia and even... you know…” Yuri made the “killed yourself” pose.

 

          “But in your case….” Yuri paused and sighed.

 

          “You’ve starved yourself within 3 days and you’ve drink such a large quantity of alcohol! And that can overwhelm the body’s ability to break down and clear alcohol from the bloodstream. This leads to rapid increases in BAC and significantly impairs brain function and you’ve also suffered from Hypoglycemia which means that you had little quantity of sugar in your body and the doctor said that it might be the Hypoglycemia who had caused the loss of your consciousness.” Yuri said, specifically detailed.

 

          “You know what? You made a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter