Beautiful Memory

Beautiful Lies

"Give me a chance, i'm not the player that everyone says i am." his eyes bore straight into me, burning holes in my head. "I-I don't know. I'm not good at being romantic or what it's called." i bit my bottom lip, trying to find a nice way to turn him down. He was persistant, he was called Sehun. "I'll teach you how to love." his voice changed, to a deeper tone. It sent shivers down my spine hearing those words. He wouldn't give up, so i gave in. "Okay, teach me." i forced a smile. 

Those years began a chapter in my life with new experiences. I started to fall inlove with him, and the littlest things he do. I never knew what it's like to fall in love, but i experienced it with Sehun. His persistance forced their way into the deepest parts of my heart. Who would've thought that a guy could have so much affect on you? Slowly, we started to get to know each other better. It was easy at first, but slowly turned difficult. People always warned me to stay away from him, but he would tell me otherwise. "Ignore them, they're just jealous." he smiled and carassed my hair. It sent me over the edge, enough to blush and hide my face on his chest. His deep chuckles would send me to heaven and back. 

I clearly remember the day when we had our first "date". It was at the park, where we let all of our worries out. We were carefree and wild. Him pushing me on the swings, telling me how much he cares. Me spilling out all of my feelings towards him. "At first, i gave in because you didn't give up. But slowly i started to fall for you." i let out a genuine smile that only he could bring out. "Oh really? That's good i made you fall for me then." his response made me question what he meant, but regardless i tossed the thought over my shoulder. He continued to push me on the swings until he grabbed the chains making me squeal out of fright. I thought i was going to fall, until he wrapped his arm securely around me. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. "Yah, you almost make me fall." i let out a breath of air, still trying to calm down my heartbeat that is running a mile. "I'd never let you fall because i intend to catch you." he whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my spine and blush up my cheeks. I poked his forehead that made him let go of his grasp around me. I felt empty; incomplete. He touched the spot that i poked, and then he eyed me. He took his finger and tried to poke my forehead back, but i stood up and ran. "You won't catch me!" i yelled out words and began running like a little kid. Sehun's eyebrows furrowed then began chasing after me. It wasn't fair because his long legs could catch up to me, but he pretended to run slower; amused of me running out of breath while running away from him. My short legs couldn't run anymore as i collapsed on the floor of the playground. "Ahh, i'm done. I can't run anymore." Sighing while rubbing my sore legs. Sehun showed no signs of tiredness, which made me suprised. He was well fit, which made me feel lazy and unfit. He laughed and squatted down to my level to poke my forehead. "Gotcha." he said with a grin on his face. The air started getting cold as i shivered and rubbed my arms. He just smiled at me and turned around; still squatting. "Get on." he urged me. I blinked a couple times before getting on his back. Like a caring man, he piggy-backed me back home. 

That was just the start. Months later, things began to change between us. Sehun wouldn't make an effort to be 'boyfriend material'. Hell, i would say that he tried to ignore me but he still talked to me. Just not as much as he used to. Maybe it was just my superstition, but you know that you should always follow your instincts. Most of the time they were true, but i was too blinded. I didn't want to believe that anything changed between me and Sehun. 

One day i found him leaning close to a girl. There was no one around but us 3, and i bit my lower lip. I was hoping that it wasn't what i thought it would be. I saw the girl slap Sehun across his cheek and walk away. He was beyond furious as he turned his head left to right. He didn't want anyone to see his 'failure'. Sehun spotted me and sighed. I saw this look on his face that showed 'go away, you're annoying' look. He turned around and i yelled out his name. "Sehun!" i reached out and grabbed his arm. "Go away dammit!" he yelled. It seemed like he just burst out with feelings. "What do you mean?" i asked him, looking up at him with eyes that showed pain. He sighed and rolled his eyes. "I've been trying to get away from you, but you can't seem to take a hint. God you're clingy, and hell, you're annoying." he sighed while running his hands through his hair; untangling some strands of hair. "I'm sorry im so clingy and annoying i'll try-" i bit my bottom lip. "No don't try anymore. We're done. Wait there was never an us. You were just a toy that i got bored of." Sehun spat as he walked away. That was the end of that chapter of my life. 

It wasn't the end of the chapter of my whole life though. I learned from my mistakes. I learned not to trust easily, and i learned not to give in so easily. His lies about catching me when i fall, i believed them. I'll just remember them as beautiful lies. And he'll be a beautiful memory.