Clueless

World on Fire

Present Day

Sungmin’s Household

2:00 am


A loud, drawn out sigh echoed throughout the darkened room for the millionth time that night. The sigh was closely followed by the sound of blankets being thrown aside.

Sungmin pushed himself up into a sitting position, swinging his legs off the edge of the bed and resting his elbows on his knees, and his head on his hands. His eyes gazed sadly out of his bedroom window to the streets below.

Ever since Kyuhyun's disappearance 3 weeks ago, he had been unable to get an ounce of sleep; his nights plagued with thoughts of the freshman. He wasn't the only one though. The rest of the team had been equally distraught when news of Kyuhyun's kidnapping had reached their ears; they had all cared deeply for the freshman.

He remembered it like it had only happened yesterday. They had been called out of practice and directed to the Principal's office, where she had told them the news. Minho had bolted out of the room, tears building in his eyes. Worst of all though, was probably Changmin, who had promptly told the Principal that this was some pretty sick joke and if she thought that they were actually supposed to believe Kyuhyun had seriously been kidnapped, than she had another thing coming.

Eventually though, reality finally seemed to sink in; not only for Changmin, but for the rest of us as well. The Principal had given us a few days off to collect our thoughts, before we were to come back to school.

Sungmin wished she had given them longer.

During the last few weeks he had come to hate that place; he had come to hate the pitying looks he received from everyone there, the way they treated him like he a was a fragile china doll, ready to break at any moment. The way they looked at him like they knew Kyuhyun was dead.

News flash, he wasn't dead, he was missing, and despite the fact that the cops had stopped looking, Sungmin wouldn't.

Sungmin refused to give up hope, to give up on Kyuhyun. He knew he might be acting childish, but he couldn't bring himself to give up the tiny fragment of hope that maybe his friend would come back.

During the past three weeks he had people tell him Kyuhyun’s disappearance wasn't his fault.

They had told him the same things when his brother had gone missing.

The only difference was, unlike his brother's disappearance, he could have prevented Kyuhyun’s.

"Damn it!" He shouted, slamming his fist into his mattress. If only he had taken the time to actually walk his friend home. If only he hadn't been so naive to think nothing would happen.

If only.....

Sungmin forced himself to relax and lay back down in bed. He couldn't keep this up much longer; pretending everything was alright for the sake of his teammates. Eventually, he would crack, letting all the pent up emotions inside of him out. And when that time came, he didn't think he would be able to stop it.

As his eyes finally started to close from sheer exhaustion, he let himself fade into the world of dreams.

'Come back Kyu,'


3 Days Later

Secret Hideout

5:00 pm


'Where am I?'

A tired, worn-out voice, echoed through his head. It felt like he was floating in the pit of black that surrounded him, swallowing him whole. His body was limp from the sheer exhaustion that filled his veins.

Images of the previous night suddenly flashed through his mind and suddenly everything came flooding back to him in waves. He remembered the way his bedroom door, which was usually locked tight, had opened; He remembered how the strange man had rescued him and then he remembered everything going black.

With a sudden burst of energy, he forced his exhaustion ridden eyes open.

Kyuhyun stiffened in shock. No longer was he in the small, white room he had been trapped in for almost three weeks. Around him lay what looked like a hospital room, except for the fact that although there were many beds, his was the only one occupied. The steady beep of a heart monitor filled the otherwise silent room.

A young man moved to and fro, his light auburn hair swaying with each step he took. The man moved gracefully, careful not to disturb any of the complicated machinery that lay scattered throughout the room.

Without warning the man suddenly turned around, glancing in Kyuhyun’s direction. The man’s eyes widened in shock and he froze, staring down at Kyuhyun who was also staring open-eyed at the stranger.

“Ah you're awake!" The young man gasped, quickly rushing over to Kyuhyun’s side.

Kyuhyun eyed the guy in confusion. “Who are you?” He asked bluntly, eyes narrowed as he studied the stranger.

The man seemed to pause for a second, before a smile lit up his face. “My name is Ryeowook, but the people here tend to call me Wookie.”

Kyuhyun paused, holding down a blush that attempted to overcome his features. Why was this guy so happy all of a sudden? “Where am I?” He questioned, trying to sound as intimidating as possible.

The guy, no Ryeowook was his name, chuckled.

Well obviously trying to be intimidating hadn’t worked.

Nevertheless, the guy still smiled and brightly answered his question. “You’re at SJ headquarters,” Ryeowook explained. “I know you must be confused, but trust me, in a few hours our leader will explain everything.”

Kyuhyun nodded, seemingly satisfied with Ryeowook’s answer.

“So I heard you gave Zhou Mi a rough time a few nights ago?” Ryeowook chuckled, eyeing the younger man with a teasing smile.

“Zhou Mi?” What was this man going on about? As far as Kyuhyun was concerned, he didn’t know anyone by the name of Zhou Mi.

“The guy who rescued you from the warehouse three days ago,” Ryeowook elaborated, but Kyuhyun was no longer listening.

Three days ago?

Had he really been out for three days?

“What about the others?” He asked.

“They’re safe,” Was the only answer he received from the male, or rose to his feet.

Kyuhyun watched as the male quickly made his way towards the door. “Where are you going?” He questioned.

Ryeowook paused, the same bright smile still placed upon his face. “I just need to have a quick word with our leader, I’ll be right back.”

As the man shut the door behind him, Kyuhyun fell back against the bed with a sigh.

What on Earth had he gotten himself into?


A/N

Sorry it took so long to update, I wanted to get all my homework and projects out of the way~

Anyway I would really appreciate feedback you know?

Does everyone seem in character so far? Is there enough/not enough suspense?

Is there anything you would like to see happen? Or would like me to change?

Please, share with me your thoughts and ideas.