Taken

World on Fire

A/N: For this chapter I needed some extra characters so Minho, Changmin decided to make a very brief guest appearance ^.^

Enjoy


1 Month Ago

Unknown location

11:05 pm


'A single spark will ignite the world, tearing apart all boundaries. Finding friends in enemies and enemies in friends. The spark will ignite the world, bringing with it fear and chaos, love and hope. '

Henry woke with a start, sweat running down his face. His breath came out in short, rough pants. Without missing a beat, he forced himself to his feet, swaying slightly before regaining his balance.

His trembling fingers grasped the doorknob, turning it until it opened with a soft click. Stumbling into the musky, dark hallway he quickened his pace until he was standing infront of a polished, burgundy red door. The door itself looked extremely out-of-place in the damp, brick hall.

13 pairs of eyes looked up at him in surprise as he stumbled into the room, panting heavily. The squeak of chairs being pushed over echoed through the room, as the occupants hastily jumped to their feet.

"We have a problem." Henry explained.


3 Weeks Ago

Burger Joint near Teiko High School

8:00 pm


Laughter and cheers echoed throughout the burger joint. The entire place was empty except for 4 occupants in the corner of the store. All four occupants were young, no older than 17. Huge smiles stretched across their faces.

"Did you see how awesome I sang?" Changmin bragged, causing everyone else to roll their eyes.

"Whatever you say Hyung," Kyuhyun muttered, clearly not amused by his Hyung's attitude.

"How long does it take to cook a couple of burgers?" Minho whined, laying his head on the table.

"A couple? Between you, Kyuhyun and Changmin, not counting myself, who only ordered one. That's at least 10 burgers," Sungmin scoffed.

"It's not like we're here for no reason," Changmin said, glancing around at his bandmates.

"Yeah, we did win Regionals after all!" Minho shouted, causing the store employees to cast another glare their way.

"Che, Whatever, it's not like you did anything important," Kyuhyun murmured, rolling his eyes

Minho gave a growl of frustration, before settling back down in his seat. "Remind me again, who decided to make you captain?"

"I believe that was you," Kyuhyun reminded Minho.

It was true that their Vocal Competition team was a rather unusual one, with almost all of the members consisting of Freshman, with the exception of Sungmin, but they had successfully made it to the Nationals, which would start in about a month, so that in itself was pretty exceptional.

They were all distracted from their arguing as their food was finally brought to the table. With one last cheer they dug hastily into their burgers.

The rest of the evening went by without much incident, then finally, at around 11:00 o'clock, they decided to head home. Minho had already left with on his bike and Changmin had caught a ride from a friend, This left Kyuhyun and Sungmin, both of whom now stood outside the burger joint.

Are you sure you don't want me to walk you home?" Sungmin insisted for the millionth time that evening.

"For the last time Hyung, I'm 15 not 5. I can walk by myself. I only live a few blocks from here anyway," Kyuhyun muttered irritably.

"If your sure..." Sungmin trailed off, glancing nervously at the freshman.

"I am," Kyuhyun resisted the urge to smack his friend upside the head.

Sungmin nodded in understanding. He began to jog off, but stopped himself, turning back to Kyuhyun. "Just be careful," He warned.

"I will," Kyuhyun promised. "See you tomorrow at practice,"

Kyuhyun waited until Sungmin had rounded the corner before heading home. Even though his Hyung had been acting way overprotective, it's not like Kyuhyun could really blame him. For the past six months kids of every age had been going missing, to make matters worse, it seemed like the Government had yet to take action; still not convinced that the kids were being kidnapped.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. What did they think was going on? Did they honestly believe that countless kids had all decided to just runaway? Not to mention, if the kids had run away, wouldn't someone have found them by now?

Not only that, but apparently Sungmin's younger brother had went missing five years ago, and was never found. The cops had apparently stopped looking when they found no traces of where the kid had went. Of course, Sungmin had never stopped looking.

Kyuhyun had never met Sungmin's brother, having only moved to Seoul 3 years ago, but judging from what Sungmin had told him about the kid, he sounded like a pretty good person.

A loud noise broke Kyuhyun out of his thoughts, causing him to pause and look around. A second later a cat streaked out of the bushes from across the street, and Kyuhyun let out a breath of relief, he hadn't even realised he'd been holding, his shoulders relaxing.

That relief was short-lived though, as someone grabbed him from behind, placing a cloth over his mouth. Kyuhyun held his breath, kicking, punching and trying everything in his power to get out of the man's iron clad grip. Unable to hold his breath any longer, he in a breath of fresh air, but was only met with the substance of the cloth. His vision swam and his limbs fell limply by his side, before the world around him went black.

 


Present Day

Abandoned Laboratory

12:00 am/ Midnight


The night air was crisp, the moon hidden behind countless clouds. A slight breeze blew through the trees surrounding the abandoned laboratory. Or at least, it was supposed to be abandoned. The bright white lights streaming through the windows, adding to the fact that large guard dogs could be seen roaming the inside of the fences, suggested otherwise.

"Abandoned, huh?" Ryeowook shook his head. How had no one noticed the building was still being used? Surely, some civilian passerby must have seen the lights on. He shook his head and focused his attention on Leeteuk.

"Everyone knows the plan?" Leeteuk whispered, eyes narrowed. "Eunhyuk will teleport us inside the building. Once inside, Hangeng and I will head to the control room, where we will shut down the security. Once that's done, Donghae, Ryeowook, Zhou Mi, Siwon and Kangin will begin to gather all the kids to where Eunhyuk will be waiting to teleport them out. Well this is happening, Yesung you will create the illusion of the kids asleep in their rooms so no one suspects anything."

Everyone nodded in understanding. Each of them placed a hand on either of Eunhyuk's arm. A second later a loud crack echoed through the air and they were gone.


Present Day

Abandoned Laboratory

12:10 am


Leeteuk and Hangeng entered the control room, dragging in two unconscious guards, before shutting the door.

Leeteuk instantly went to work at the computers. Before he even touched the controls for security, he brought up the list of 'patients' and let his eyes scan each name.

Hangeng stood guard at the door, occasionally glancing back at Leeteuk, to make sure everything was going smoothly.

Once Leeteuk was done scanning a total of 15 patients, he opened up the control panel for the building's security. He shut down all the security camera's, before turning off all security in general.

"Done," He stood up turning to Hangeng, who stepped forward and placed both his hands on the controls, his eyebrows scrunching together in concentration. A second later a jolt of electricity ran through the controls, effectively frying everything.

Leeteuk grasped the walkie-talkie in his hand. "Mission accomplished. Ryeowook, Zhou Mi, Kangin, Siwon and Donghae you can now begin to gather all the children."

"Roger that," Kangin's voice floated through the walkie-talkie.

Leeteuk turned to Hangeng and together they fled the room, heading towards where they would meet Eunhyuk.


Present Day

Abandoned Laboratory

12:25 am


Kyuhyun woke with a start, sweat dripping down his face. He shook his head from side to side before falling back against his pillow. Ever since he had been brought to this place, each night he was racked with nightmare after nightmare.

"I wonder how long I've been here?" He whispered to himself. It was impossible to keep track of time in this place. There were no calendars, no clocks. All they knew was day and night; night obviously being the time they were brought to bed and day being when they were woken up and brought to the cafeteria for breakfast, if you could even call the gruel they served breakfast.

Kyuhyun stared up at the bare white roof of his room. How he had come to hate the colour white. Everything in the place was white: the walls, the floors, the tables, the doctor's lab coats, even the silver wear was white. The only thing that wasn't white were the black slacks and t-shirts they were forced to wear. Black being the only colour distinguishing the patients from the lab crew.

Sitting up in his bed, he head over to the door. After all, he doubted he would be able to fall asleep again, or at least not anytime soon. Glancing through the small, bulletproof window on his door, he could see a guard doing one of his routinely checks down at the other end of the hallway, before disappearing around the corner.

Kyuhyun let out a sigh of relief -the guards never tolerated anyone being up past curfew- and leant his back against the door. A surprised gasp escaped his lips as the door suddenly opened and he fell to the floor.

His eyes widened with surprise as he leaped to his feet. Somehow, he had a feeling like that wasn't supposed to happen.

'What should I do?' He thought, still having a hard time grasping the fact that he was free.

Free....

The word echoed around his head.

I'm free!

Realisation finally seemed to hit him and he did the first thing his instincts told him to.

He ran.


Present Day

Abandoned Laboratory

12:30 am


Zhou Mi, who was wandering around the barren, white hallways, paused his trek throughout the building. Rushed footsteps could be heard, gradually getting closer. His heart leaped out of his chest and he pressed himself into a small crevice in the wall.

Had something gone wrong? Had they been caught? Maybe Leeteuk and Hangeng had failed in the security room?

He pushed those thoughts out of his head and looked over at Yesung, who was concentrating on keeping up the mirage in the patient's corridors. As the footsteps gradually got closer, Zhou Mi forced himself to hold his breath, careful not to give away their hiding spot.

Eventually the footsteps were so loud, Zhou Mi could tell the person was close, very close, and turned his head to peer out of his hiding spot. His eyes widened in shock, as the person, no the kid, shot past, adorned in all black.

Zhou Mi stood frozen, debating on his plan of action. The kid was obviously one of the 'patients' here. What he was doing wandering around the hallways, Zhou Mi had no clue and by the looks of it, neither did Yesung. All he knew was that the kid would eventually be caught, no doubt giving away their presence.

So with one last sigh, he took off after the kid. He had to hand it to the kid, he was pretty fast. The kid, seemingly sensing that he was being followed, quickened his pace and took a sharp turn into a hallway.

Zhou Mi bolted forward as shouts were emitted from where the kid had disappeared. Rounding the corner, he could see he kid in one of the guards grip, struggling to break free. Without even thinking, Zhou Mi shot forward, gun in hand. The guard didn't even have time to blink before he was lying dead on the ground.

Zhou Mi straightened up and stared at the kid who had been dropped to the ground. The kid only stared right back at him, eyes narrowed, yet curious, hands in a defensive position, yet somewhat trusting.

A loud shout caused both of them to spin around. At the end of the hallway, stood what looked like a doctor. The doctor was trembling, eyes wide as he stared at the unmoving guard on the ground. Before Zhou Mi had time to do anything, the doctor disappeared around the corner, a second later the sound of an alarm sounded throughout the entire building.

Zhou Mi looked down at the kid who had yet to move an inch. He grabbed the kids hand, yanking him to his feet, before bolting down the hallway, leading the kid with him. Yesung trailed slightly behind, making sure to keep as quiet as possibly. Suddenly the kid yanked his hand out of Zhou Mi's grip, stopping mid stride.

Zhou Mi turned around, eyes wide. "What are you doing?" He growled, not in the mood to deal with a rebellious kid.

"Finding my own way out," The kid explained bluntly, about to turn around.

Zhou Mi sighed. He did not have time for this. He took a step forward, delivering a light blow to the back of the kid's neck, just hard enough to knock him unconscious. He then placed the kid piggy back style on his back. Glancing back at Yesung they shared a brief nod, before breaking out into a sprint, heading full speed towards their rendezvous point, hoping to God everyone else was alright.


Present Day

Abandoned Laboratory

12: 43 am


Leeteuk paced in circles around the cramped hallway. Beside him sat Eunhyuk, who was nervously glancing around. Everyone was already outside the fences. The only people they were waiting on were Zhou Mi and Yesung.

To make matters worse, the alarm that now rang throughout the building only strengthened Leeteuk's thoughts that something bad had happened to his friends. Just as he was about to snap though, the two rounded the corner, running towards them. On Zhou Mi's back, was an unconscious kid.

Leeteuk raised an eyebrow, but Zhou Mi only sent him one of those looks that clearly said, 'I'll explain later'.

Nodding in understanding, Leeteuk placed his hand on Eunhyuk's arm, Zhou Mi and Yesung doing the same.

For the second time that night, a large crack echoed throughout the air and they were gone.


A/N

More will be explained in future chapters ;)

Any questions please pm me. I know this chapter was probably pretty confusing and vague, don't worry though. All will be explained in do time.

Please comment.