chapter 2

Healing Hands

Jays pov....

"1 2 3 4. 1 2 3 4. Move on two remember. Alright again. 1 2 3 4." I move my body in rythm with Ailee and watch in the mirror as we move to music. She spins to the right and I follow her to turn her back with a hand on her hip. She slides into my body and moves her hands down my shoulders. I force myself to concentrate on the steps, one by one. I've never felt this drawn to another person before. She moves like she's gliding over silk sheets. Her body is amazing and the attitude she has when she performs is daylight to dark with her true self. She's more reserved and sweet. She cares for others and how they feel. She's funny and quick to laugh and I think I love her.

Is it ok to love someone when you've only known them for a few weeks." Jay lets take a break I'm going to dehydrate if we don't stop sweating." She snaps my attention back to the present and I move to the sound system to stop the music. I grab my water bottle and towel and take a seat on the floor to catch my breath.

"You're really improving on the moves for the chorus. I think with a few more practices you will have it down." I'm trying to keep the conversation light and playful. Confessing to her last night was probably not the brightest idea I've ever had, but I couldn't help letting my feelings be known. Watching her move, eyes closed, flowing to the beat my body was drawn to her. Moth to a flame, she was a fire and her heat drew me in. I moved before I knew what I was doing. The feel of her hand when she ran it down my jaw is like a brand in my memory. I know she felt it. I saw the desire in her eyes. I want nothing more than to see that look in her eyes again, but I saw the fear in them too.

"I think this is going to be one of the best performances of the night. We have seriously got to nail this at the awards program or I will have to go hide forever." She smiles at me and leans back on her hands cooling down from the rigorous practice.

"I don't think, I know we are going to be bangin' and there is no one who will out shine us." I grin back, watching her as she relaxes.

"Do you think we are done for the night? I'm super tired and I want food like no body else." Ailee tilts her head to the side to look at me in question.

"Yeah I think we can call it a night. We have both earned a good meal and some sleep with the way we have been working. What do you say we go get something to eat... together?" I turn my eyes to the ceiling so I'm not facing her as I ask. After her reaction last night I need to move slow or shes going to spook.

I hear her in a breath to answer and cut her off. " Listen I know last night was ... interesting for you but we've both got to eat and we are friends, right?" I tilt my head a little in her direction and watch her slowly nod her downcast head. "So friends are allowed to have a meal together, correct?" Again she nods and makes no noise. "Good so it's settled, my apartment is right down the street we can go clean up and then head out for some food." I grin to myself and jump up to grab my things.

"Wait. Jay I can't go to your place. We are soooo not going to your place." She gulps in air to continue and I hold up my hand.

"Look." I move my hand in an up and down motion in front of my body. "I don't know about you but I am drenched in sweat and can't go out looking like the hot mess I am right now." Her eyes follow my hand and I can't help but grin and the light blush on her cheeks. "It's ok to go to a friends house and get cleaned up before dinner, right?"

She looks down to cover her blushing cheeks and sighs. " I..I just don't think that it would be a good idea to go to your place alone." Her words stutter out of causing her to blush harder.

I sigh in exasperation, crouch down in front of her, and use one finger to lift up her chin to meet my eyes. " I will never make you do anything you don't want to. Ever. I like you. I want to get to know you better and I want you to get to know me better. All I want to do tonight is get cleaned up and have a nice dinner with my friend. I won't even pay for yours." I smile and poke her nose and rise up off the floor again. " So lets go get cleaned up and get food. My stomach thinks my throats been cut."

Ailee looks up and pushes off the floor. " Fine. Food and friendship. That's all we are doing, but you're still going to pay for mine." She grins and sticks her tongue out at me playfully.

We grab our stuff and out to the streets to move towards my place. I feel nervous as we stroll through the streets. Not really talking to one another just enjoying the warm evening. We take the 2 flights of stairs to my door and I open the door for her and stand back. " Home sweet home." She moves in the door and slides out of her shoes and steps into a pair of slippers next to the hall.

"This place isn't nearly as bad as i thought it was going to be." She grins over her shoulder as she takes a look around my living room.

"What did you expect? A dirty mess with close and pizza boxes all over the floor." I grin back as I shut the front door and kick my shoes off to walk barefoot through the house. "Maybe you should have more faith in my abilities, or the ability to have a wonderful cleaning lady who keeps me in tip top shape."

Ailee laughs behind her hand and takes a seat on the sofa next to the large picture window. " Yeah I really would have been surprised if you had be able to do this on your own. I was going with your Mom, but I guess it's better that you get a cleaning lady to do it and let your mom rest."

"Well if I let my mom do it she would have one heck of a trip just to clean my house. She's in the U.S. right now, so I'll just let the ahjumma continue with her master piece." I put my bag on the table and move into the kitchen and grab two bottles of water and walk back into the living room to hand one to Ailee. "I'm going to go first for a shower and get dressed if thats ok?" I raise my eyebrow in question to her.

Her earlier comfort slipped alittle as she nodded slowly and averted her eyes.

"Great here's the remote, watch whatever you want there's a computer on the side table if you perfer that. I won't be long." I smile and walk towards my bedroom. I grab a towel out of the closet and move towards the bathroom and quickly shower. There are so many things running through my mind as I soap up. How bad had she been hurt? Who had hurt her? Would I be able to reach her heart with my feelings? I laid my head against the cool tile and sigh. If only she would let me in a little I would show her I'm different.

I jump out of the shower and quickly dry off moving around the room and dressing. I grab some jeans and a tee shirt to wear out to dinner and head back into the living room. "Hey, sorry about the wait. I left a towel in the bathroom and you can change in my room." Walking into the living room I watched as Ailee stood in front of the TV dancing the in perfect sync with 2ne1's I am the best.

" Naega jeil jal naga." She was singing and moving to the beat completely in her own world. I leaned my shoulder into the door jam and watched. My eyes glued to her every move until the very last note. "Woo." I cheered and clapped as she spun around in surprise. " So which one of the girls do you pretend to be when your singing like that. Naega jeil jal naga." I lowered my voice to mimic the tone and danced into the room.

"Yah! I don't pretend to be anyone when I sing others songs." She smiled inspite on herself as I danced over to the sofa and flopped down.

"Right, I myself prefer to be CL after all she is the baddest female." I grin up at her and reach for the remote. "Go grab your bag off the table and hop in the shower. I left a towel on the counter and all the shampoo and soap are on the counter. My mom's stuff is in there so if you want to smell girly go for it. Take your time I'll be in here just shut the bedroom door." I throw my arm behind my head and turn to give the tv my full attention.

Shaking her head she heads for her bag and heads to my room. " I have no doubt that you would want to be the baddest female, to bad I already hold that title." Ailee ducks into my room and shuts the door before I can say anything and I laugh.

I grin and lean my head back on the sofa arm closing my eyes. It's weird to have a woman in my home. I can't help but smile that she's here. Talking and joking with her here like this gives me a since of intimacy that I've never experienced before. Taking a deep breath I heave myself off of the couch and take a look around my apartment. Now to get dinner out of the way. I move into the kitchen and pick up an apron with little flowers on it and grin. My mom would find it funny to see me in this thing. I sigh and grab some things out of the fridge to get a quick dinner started. I put on water to boil the pasta and move around the kitchen getting the things I need to make my pasta sauce. Carb loading sounds like such a great idea to me, I start to dance around the kitchen happy to be making a meal for someone I care about. I place some slices of bread on a baking sheet and spread butter and garlic on them and place them under the boiler. The smells of garlic bread and spaghetti fill the house as I walk over to set the table and open up the wine to breath while I wait on Ailee to get out of the shower.

My excitment and nervousness start to get the better of me. Was making dinner at home a good idea. What if I'm pushing her to hard to fast. I run my hands through my hair and pour myself a little of the wine to calm myself. Everything will be fine, I keep telling myself to breath, when the door to the bedroom opens and Ailee comes out her hair still wet from her shower flowing down her shoulders and my breath leaves my body in a woosh. She is so beautiful I can't even make a coherent sentence. I just stare with my mouth slightly agape as she walks over to the table and looks at the food a question in her eyes.

"I thought you said we where going to go get something to eat?" She tilts her head and looks over at me leaning against the kitchen counter for support.

I regain enough of my brain back to answer her. " Since I had the things here for a nice dinner I thought we could just dine in tonight, but if you don't like it we can head out and get something better." Pushing myself off the counter I head around the kitchen island to grab my coat. "I'm sure we can find something better than this anyway lets.."

"How about you just pour me a glass of that wine, while I turn on some music. Listening to a soccer game with dinner will spoil my appetite." Ailee grins and moves past me to grab the remote to the sound system and I can smell my soap on her skin. The scent is intoxicating. My soap on a womans skin shouldn't be this nice.

Moving over to lay my coat back down on the stool at the island, I slide around the other side of the counter to fill her a glass with wine as she instructed and try to get my brain back from having her in such close proximity. " Just put anything on you like theres tons of stuff on my ipod and its hooked into the system. I've set the table if you want to have a seat I'll bring over the food. The noodles should be done now." I put her glass onto the table and move the wine to the table. After that I grab our plates and put some of the spaghetti and a piece of bread on each plate. "There is plenty so please eat as much as you would like." Smiling as I sit her plate in front of her on the table and move around to my chair.

"Wow." She exclaims as she looks over the meal. "Did you seriously make all this?" Leaning forward she takes in the scent of the rich spaghetti sauce and closes her eyes. "I love italian food and I'm seriously hungry enough to eat both of these plates, shall we?" She opens her eyes and meet mine from across the table and I'm once again floored by her beauty. I simply nod my head as a go ahead to start eating and she immediately smiles and lifts up her fork to dig in.

"I can't tell you when the last time I've had a homemade meal and this is really good. I had no idea you could cook. I expected you to be a takeout guy myself. Have you always been good at cooking?"

"No I just picked some easy things from those around me to keep from having to eat out all the time. I try to eat in most of the time if I can. Ahjumma makes a lot of things and leaves them for me to heat up when she comes twice a week and the rest of the time I just throw things together to eat." I pick up my fork and start to eat my own food. "Do you cook?"

Ailee grins and picks up her wine before she answers she takes a sip. "I've been known to put on an apron and give it a shot, but I haven't cooked for to many others so as to how well I can cook I'm not sure." Her eyes slightly cloud over in memory as she swirls her wine in her glass."Some say it's the best they have ever tasted, but you can't believe those kinds of words right." The smile on her face is sad as she takes another sip and places her glass back down.

"Not everyone out there is out to decieve you, Ailee. Some men come to restore, not to destroy. Just because things end in pain doesn't mean you should close yourself off to another man who could show you true love." I lean across the table and slowly slide my hand over her fingers at the base of her wine glass.

She looks up into my eyes and the smile on her face holds bitterness as she says, " And let me guess. Your just the man for the job huh?" She pulls her hand away from mine and crosses her arms over her chest. "What makes you any different from any other man? You all come for one thing and when you get what you want you leave."

My anger rises at the insinuation. " Just because some hurt you doesn't mean you get to place people into cookie cutter boxes. Everyone is diferent. We have each had our share of ups and downs. Everyone gets hurt Ailee. Not everyone chooses to let it rule their lives and keep them from happiness." I move my chair back from the table and take my plate over to the sink, leaning my hands on the counter and taking a breath to calm myself. Hearing her put me into the same group as the man who hurt her makes me crazy.

Her seat scrapes back across the hardwood floor as she raises and looks over in my direction. "You have no idea what I've been through and you have no right to judge my situation just because you think you like me. We are strangers. Nothing but partners in a dance and when this is over we will go right back to being nothing. You want to pretend that you have feeling for me because of the emotions of the performance, and when it's all said and done the fog will clear and you'll see you didn't really want me." Her voice catches on the last of her words. I see the tears standing in her eyes that threaten to slide down her face. "I will not be made a fool of again. I won't live my life loving someone ever again. Not for you. Not for anyone and if you want to continue with this performance I suggest you get that through your head quickly." She turns on her heel and grabs her things off the sofa and goes to the door. "Thanks for dinner it was great." And with that she leave my apartment.

I draw in a ragged breath and run my hands through my hair. The tears in her eyes still linger in my mind and my heart clinches. Walking over to the fridge I grab a beer out of the door and pop the top. How am I going to fix this situation now.