chapter 4

Healing Hands

Jay pov

I felt like my heart was going to explode. After the last few weeks of practice, Ailee and I finally made it through the dance routine at the awards show last night. It was electifying. When the teaser came on and we stepped out on the stage the crowd went wild. I loved the look in her eyes as we went into the last lift and she leaned into my body, breathing heavily, a smile of pure satisfaction on her lips. Just the thought of it made me tingle all over.

But, tonight the reason for my heart attack was from nerves. I took her word's to heart. "If after the dance performance is over and you still want to be with me, we'll talk about it." Ailee had said the night she let down some of her walls. The past few weeks had went by in a blur of practice, rehersals, and other schedules. We had barely seen each other alone since that night. It was driving me crazy being in the same room with her and not being able to show her how much she ment to me. Luckily all that was about to change.

I switched off the last light in the studio and waited. " This is all going to work out. She's fallin for me and she will accept my heart." I gave myself one last pep talk as I heard the buzz at the front door that let me know she was here.

Ailee pov

"Oppa I'll just go in alone. I'm sure Jay just wants to get together and talk about the performance. We didn't really have time to talk after the show because of the chaos behind the scenes." I said to my manger as I stepped out of the van and shut the door. "I'm pretty sure I'm about to vomit" I muttered to myself as I made my way to the front door of the studio. I'd managed to keep my cool after the show, only because I'd had other things to focus my attention on. Now I was going to face Jay alone for the first time since the night I told him we would see after the performance how we felt. I'd played over every detail of the past few weeks trying to guess at how tonight would end and come up with nothing. We hadn't had one chance to talk alone since that night and the only thing my mind could do was play over how I was going to make it through him telling me he didn't want me. "Shut it mind. No more talking." I closed my eyes and put my hand on the door. " Time to pull up the big girl and deal"

I pushed open the door and almost fell over in shock. The entry way was lit only in candle light from small tea lights running down the hall. Pink, white and red rose petals scattered along the hall in the shape of arrows to point me in the direction I was to go. I looked up and hanging from the ceiling was a note with my name on it. I gently pulled the ribbon loose and read the note. " I know we haven't had much time to talk, but I hope this will show you just how much you mean to me." My eyes misted as I kept reading. " Follow the arrows to the next note and please follow the instructions." He had signed his name at the bottom with a small heart.

I grinned and started down the hall. The 3 arrows I followed got me to the next note which was stuck to the bathroom door. I pulled the note off and read it. " I can't imagine the pain you've felt over your past, but I want to wipe all that clean and show you how you should be treated. I've felt this pull to you since the first time we met and it will never change. Please go into the bathroom and change into the outfit in the garment bag. Once you've changed come to our practice room."

I pushed open the door and saw the garment bag hanging up next to the stall and ped the bag slowly. I was not expecting the beautiful gown inside. It was a light ice blue with full bottom and corset top. It was stunning. I gently pulled it out of the bag and saw a pair of clear high heels in a shoe box sitting under the dress. I laughed out loud as I started to understand.

A few days ago during our practice Hyolyn had stopped by our practice room to see how things where going and apparently Jay had been listening to our conversation about the movie night we had been planning. We loved the old disney movies. Hyolyn's favorite was Mulan. She said a woman had to know how to save herself. And mine was Cinderella. I loved the way my mom had explained the story to me as a child. " No matter how bad things are babygirl as long as you work hard you can always make your dreams come true." My mothers voice in my head rang out again as I stared in wonder at the gown and shoes.

I slipped into the gown and shoes and checked my reflection in the mirror. I grinned at the image and straigtend up my hair. Taking a deep breath I pushed open the bathroom door and once again followed the rose petal arrows to our practice room. As I made my way to the door I stopped, with my hand on the door, and took a deep cleansing breath. Knowing that Jay was on the other side made my heart skip a beat. I stilled myself and pushed open the door.

Standing in the center of the room with a huge boquet of flowers, Jay looked every bit of the handsome prince. I smiled at the uncertain look on his face and stepped fully into the room.

Jay pov

My breath caught in my chest as Ailee stepped into the room. She looked every bit a Cinderella. I stepped foward and bowed with a flurish and handed her the flowers. The smile she sent me was infectious and I know i grinned like a fool back at her. I took 3 steps back to the center of the room and pushed the start button to the stereo system in my pocket.

Ailee pov

As Jay stepped back into the center of the dance floor I could feel the smile on my face widen at the beautiful smile on his face. I took a step forward and thats when the music started. He had featured on a song with NS Yoon-G called If You Love Me it started and Jay started to lip sync his part of the song.

Aey so I’m asking you, do you love me?
Cause I love you

I’m saying girl cause I really need to know
Is it for real and how deep does it go
Do you love me, cause I love you
Just know that I will always be the one that you can run to
Hear it girl

I missed you
I thought of you from time to time
Maybe it’s the season change because I miss you
Don’t hide it anymore and tell me
Confess to me
Let’s love as much as I’ve been in pain oh

Woo baby baby, I love you more than anything
Getting married and living happily – do that with me
I’ll hold you tightly so you won’t blow away in the wind
When it’s cold, I’ll take off my jacket for you and hold you tight

If you love me
If you want me
Hold me tighter
If you love me
If you want me
Come to me, so tell me baby
Let’s stand behind the turned off street light
And exchange looks only between the two of us
Kiss me show me
Really really love me
Hold me nananana

I wonder if you’re thinking the same thing as me
Something about your eyes that look at me is different

Only you can be the home I rest in
Without you, my road is a crooked path
You’re the strength that can block the wind for me
I want your love
I need your love

If you love me
If you want me
Hold me tighter
If you love me
If you want me
Come to me, so tell me baby
Let’s stand behind the turned off street light
And exchange looks only between the two of us
Kiss me show me
Really really love me
Hold me nananana

I will write your name on the corner of my heart
I’ll hide it so no one can erase it
Yes! Kiss me show me
Really really love me
As if my entire body will become paralyzed,
Hold me too tight

If you love me
If you want me
Hold me tighter
If you love me
If you want me
Come to me, so tell me baby
Let’s stand behind the turned off street light
And exchange looks only between the two of us
Kiss me show me
Really really love me
Hold me nananana

Only you can be the home I rest in
Without you, my road is a crooked path
You’re the strength that can block the wind for me
I want your love
I need your love


As the song came to the last part he danced forward toward me and I spun around slowly keeping my eyes on him as he danced and sang around me. Tears slowly ran down my face as I listend to the words. I had never had anyone do this type of event for me and I was beyond touched.
 
When the song ended Jay was standing in front of me breathing heavily. He reached up and wiped my tears away with his thumb. " If you cry like this, I can only assume that my dancing has went down hill since the last time we met." He grinned his cocky grin and took a step closer to me. " You told me when our dance was over that if I still felt the same way for you, you'd give us a chance to test out our feelings." Jay took the last step that put our bodies so close we where breathing the same air. " I've felt the same way since almost the first day we met and I can't imagine my life without you. I want to erase the pain in your heart and clear the clouds from your eyes. I'll work every day to show you how much you mean to me." His hand slid down my cheek following the trail of my tears and cupped my face gently. " I love you so much it hurts sweetheart. I've tried my best to play it cool and if you'll have me I'll never let you down. Please tell me you feel something for me too. Anything... you dont have to love me yet i understand its fast.."
 
I felt a tremble run down his arm to his hand. I leaned my cheek into his palm and brought my finger upto his lips."Shhh."I moved my finger from his lips and placed my hand over the hand that was cupping my face. I turned my face and kissed his palm. His breath hissed out of his lips like he'd stopped breathing for a minute. I looked up into his eyes. " Thank you. Thank you for being such a wonderful man. I told myself I'd never love again. After my last relationship my heart was trapped in a wall tower. I swore no one would ever make me feel that low again." I sighed and slid my arms around his waist. "Until you. I felt something for you from the first time we met. Everytime we met you busted down another piece of the wall. You showed me a different love. A love that is special and real. You said I didn't have to answer you, but I already know what I feel. I love you Jay. From the top of your head to the tips of your toes. Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for loving me too. " I leaned the short distance and placed my lips on his. I sighed as i felt his arms slid around my waist and pull me in closer. I slid my hands up his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck.
 
When he finally pulled away we where both breathless. I grinned and layed my head on his chest. " That was intense." He chuckled and the vibration of his laugh moved through my cheek on his chest as he hugged me tighter.
 
" It's the start of a beautiful thing babe. Stick with me and I'll heal every bad thing that's ever been done to you. I love you Ailee. Now and Always....