a city adventure

looking for gods

Suho's P.O.V.

Lay, Kai and Kris immediately ran over to Sehun, who had been flung away by Luhan, the moment the elder dissapeared. The rest of us turned to Jiyong.

"Did the shadow just po-possess Luhan?" The words were hard to get out of my mouth. Just the idea that one of my friends was taken from me like that terrified me. Jiyong nodded, his head lowered in sadness.

Lay came back carrying Sehun. He told me that out maknae would be alright, but that it would be better to let him wake up on his own.

We contenued our trip to the city. Now that the shadow started to possess us as well, we had to hurry up.

We had reached the city wall when Sehun finally woke up. He immediately jumped out of Lay's arms and looked around, trying to find Luhan. When he realised the second eldest wasn't here, he collapsed, tears running down his face.

I kneeled next to him, letting him cry on my shoulder. I couldn't imagine what our maknae must have been going through. We all got reunited mere days ago, and now he lost the love of his life again.

We decided to rest before entering the city because it would very dangerous, and we would need to be able to focus well.

Sehun was lying on his own, crying himself to sleep, so Lay and I agreed it was better if he slept with us. Sehun lied between us, clinging to me like a koala, afraid I would dissapear as well. My shirt slowly became soaked by Sehun's tears, so I ran my hand through his hair to comfort him a little.

The next day we all put on dark hoods to hide ourselves from the shadow and we entered the city. Inside it was terrible. People walked around with a dead look in their eyes. The thin clothes they were wearing could've never protected them from the freezing cold before we freed Jiyong. Everyone looked weak and hungry. They must not be getting enough food.

In a small street we found a young kid that looked homeless. His cheeks were sunken and he held his stomach like it was hurting. Jiyong conjured a small bread, and gave it to the boy, who took it gratefully and ate a piece before running into the ruins of an old building where he shared it with four other boys around his age. It was so saddening to see how thin he was, but some of his friends looked even worse.

We contenued walking and reached a dried up river. A shiver went down my spine. There used to be more than enough water for the whole city here, but it all dissapeared along with the gods.

My insticts told me to go left end we found a museum. We looked inside for a while and found a painting that looked exactly like Seunghyun.

The man in the painting moved and looked right at us. All of us jumped when we saw him move. We weren't expecting that!

Jiyong asked Chanyeol to burn the frame, and once the frame was reduced to ashes, Seunghyun jumped out of the painting. He embraced Jiyong and gave him a peck on his lips. They really were a couple.

Suddenly the alarm went off and guards ran into the room. There was black in their eyes, so they must have been partly controlled by the shadow.

"Doesn't one of you have frost powers?" Seunghyun asked, and Xiumin nodded. "Then freeze this." Seunghyun raised his hand and an enormous wall of water appeared between the guards and us. Xiumin froze the water and we ran before the guards were able to break the ice wall.

We stopped running once we left the city far behind us and Seunghyun asked: "Aren't we missing someone?"

--------------------------------

omo, it's been forever since I last updated this. Sorry!