chapter 10

looking for gods

Tao's P.O.V.

The man standing in the shadows just outside our group who had spoken stepped into the light of Jiyong's fire. He was wearing a dark green hooded cape. In his hand was a beatifully decorated stick that came up to his shoulder. Intricate patterns were ebemmed in the dark wood in silver and a black opal decorated the top.

 

The hood of his cape was up, but his face was still visible because the light came from below. His bright purple eyes seemed alive, the bright colour swirled and twisted inside his eyes. His face seemed somewhat familiar, but I could not remember from where.

 

"Ravi!" Jiyong jumped up next to me and embraced the newcomer. When I looked again I recognised the man to be Ravi, but he looked different from before. His confident grin and posture had left and instead he tried to make himself as small as possible. He seemed scared of the many eyes looking at him. However when Jiyong embraced him he returned the hug.

 

"Weren't you posessed? How did you get free?" Sehun asked. He obviously asked hoping Luhan was free as well.

"Because the shadow posessed your friend as well, it's power was spread further, making it weaker. My magic was strong enough to free me." He knelt down in front of Sehun and rested a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. "He'll be fine. Don't worry."

 

Ravi stood up and walked to the middle of our cirle before timidly taking off his hood, showing his now black hair. "The shadow has captured Youngbae in the far north, in a cave in the mountains. The only road there has been blocked. I can teleport all of us there, but it will drain me. I will probably be unconcious for a few hours afterwards."

I was surprised by his offer. He was willling to teleport us even if it drained him completely.

"In and around the cave is a lot of security because you rescued two gods already. You must be careful."

 

We all agreed on Ravi's teleportation and he drew in the sand on the beach with his staff. It was a big circle with strange symbols inside of it and around the edge. Ravi told us to stand in the circle, but not to step on any symbols. He started chanting, and suddenly my stomach dropped.

 

I blinked and all of a sudden we were in the mountains. Cold air hit us and I shivered. In the corner of my eye I saw Jiyong covering an unconcious Ravi with his cloak and Kyungsoo creating a small cave around him.

 

"We should get going before they notice us." Kris warned and we split up.

 

Chanyeol, Kris, Kyungsoo, Jongdae and I walked up the main trail, taking out guards along the way. We let one or two escape to draw the attention away from the guardians that would sneak in to rescue Youngbae, and more guards soon joined the fight.

 

We were about halfway up the trail when the first priest joined the fight.

It was Hyuk, the young priest we had met on our first encounter with the shadow. This time he was wrapped in a pitch black cloak, his black eyes cold. The cruel glare he shot a Jongdae seemed unnatural on the young boys face. It was clear the priest hadn't forgiven our lightning master for the previous incident.

 

We had almost overwhelmed Hyuk when a second priest joined the fight. It was the one that had posessed Luhan. The two of them were stronger than us, but before they could order the guards to kill us, a bright beam of light cut through the guards and created a pathway for us to run away through.

 

On the other side stood our friends together with the god Youngbae. We ran back to where we'd left Ravi, who had already prepared the teleport back.

He looked sad when he saw his posessed friends chase after us, but got us away in time.

 

When we landed we were in a dry landscape where even the thorny bushes didn't grow. On my left I could see a big canyon in the distance, and on my right were the ruins of an old building.

 

Lay took care of our wounds while Youngbae repaired the ruins, which ended up being what was left of his temple. We all watched together as Youngbae made the sun rise once again after 1000 years of darkness. It was a truly beautiful sight that calmed all of us down after the dangerous events from before.

 

I leaned against Kris's chest and smiled as his armed wrapped around me. There was little time for us to be together while saving the world, and I was happy to have a moment with just the two of us.

 

"When this is all over, we can go live somewhere in a big house with just the two of us. We could adopt a sweet little baby girl and buy that black cat you always wanted. How does that sound to you?" Kris whispered in my ear and my heart warmed at the thought.

"We will. We will defeat the shadow and settle down together. Just the two of us."

 

Our moment was broken by a loud screetch in pain. We turned to the sound and saw Sehun lying on the ground, writhing in pain, the back of his shirt stained with blood.