Cup of Coffee

Look Only at Me
 
 
 
"Sahirah, I'm leaving!" Yelled Ameenah while opening the door to take her leave. Grabbing my brown bag with golden features, to match my cream blouse, golden long necklace and bracelets, and brown pants with my military boots, I said:
 
"I'm ready. Let's go." I walked passed her and met the bright sun that blinded my eyes. My hand automatically made it's way to my temple, covering my shut eyes, to keep the sun out of my sight.
 
"Where do you think you're going?" Ameenah questioned, following me down the stairs. I got beside her car and opened the passenger side door before answering:
 
"I'm going to drink some coffee with you." I gave her a mischievous wink followed by a smirk as I got into the car, to which followed a scoff, and chuckle, from my best friend, who got into her car and drove off.
 
We parked just in front of the coffee shop Ameenah had kept away from me. She arranged the golden bracelets on her left hand, leaving the skulls on them straight and visable, and placed the same golden rings on each finger of her right hand. Opening the door, a slight 'dling dling' was heard and a young woman greeted us. The sour sweet smell of coffee invaded my nostrils. I looked around me, amazed. The walls were white with beautiful dark blue details. It contrastes perfectly with all the furniture, made with the finest dark wood. The ordering counter, made of the same material, had a stunning marbel top. Just in front of it, and beside a wall, rows of square wooden tables accompanied by cushioned bright colored seats, matching the walls. I walked behind my friend, looking around me, almost falling when stair steps appeared taking me to a lowered floor. Still beside those white walls, different wooden and square tables were placed along with fine chairs also made of dark wood. Up ahead, a few stair steps appeared, introducing yet another amazing room, in a higher floor compared to the one I was on.
 
Ameenah went up the stairs and walked directly to a table while I struggled choosing were to sit. She placed her black leather bag on it and made herself comfortable on her seat. Her red shirt with 'GEEK' written on her chest with white, bold and all caps letters, plus her short black shorts, black knee-high socks and her favourite black highheels with spikes, made everyone turn theirs heads.
 
"Its probably because of those high waisted shorts that hug her sandclock like silhouette! Why did you have to wear that, Ameenah?" I cried in my mind. I quickly went up the stairs giving death glares to a few.
 
All the tables placed there were meant for two but often used for one. It was quieter than the other places in the café, isolated and discreet. Her table was placed at the very end of the coffee shop, in a peaceful semi circle corner. Sun light crept into the place, filling it, through the crystal wall that gave form to that corner.
 
I headed towards Ameenah, who had taken out her book and started reading.
 
"I'll sit over there." I told her and pointed towards a table a tad far from hers. she looked at me puzzled:
 
"Why? Weren't we going to drink coffee together?" She asked.
 
"Well, this is your place. You need a rest from having to deal with me all week." I laughed. "Plus, you want to read and if I sit with you, I won't let you." I smiled widely when she laughed.
 
"I guess you're right" She said nodding her head and smiling.
 
"I'm always right." I gave her a wink and walked to my table.
 
I took my sketch book along with my drawing instruments. I opened it's ace of spades cover and looked for a blank page. With a pencil on my hand, I stared at it for almost more than two minutes and sighed. No inspiration came to me, no matter how hard I tried. My mind was simply elsewhere.
 
A kind looking waiter stood beside me, handing over the menu. I closes my sketch book and looked over the menu despite not actually paying attention. I just didn't want to be impolite. After seeing it all, I simply asked for a cup of Café au lait.
 
I looked over to Ameenah, who was busy reading, engrossed on her book, as always. Frowning her eyebrows, she looked towards the front door, then to her phone, which surprised me. Her leaving unattended a page filled with words was unusual. She went back to her book.
 
"I guess it's nothing." I thought but noticing her giving looks towards the door and then to her phone, just filled me with interest. She did it so discreetly, just looking slightly over her book after reading a page of two since her last look.
 
The waiter came with my Café au Lait and placed it beside my sketch book carefully. On its foam, a spade was drawn. I looked at him with a questionable look.
 
"I noticed the cover of your book and I thought you would like it on your coffee, miss." He said slightly looking down. I gave him a smile:
 
"Thank you." He shyly smiled and excused himself. I tilted my head and turned my gaze to Ameenah. Her eyes looking over her book once again. Yet this time was simply different. They went back to her book directly as she raised her eyebrow and slightly bit her lip after taking a breath. She crossed her legs and tucked a strand of her color degraded dark hair behind her ear. I looked towards were she was looking and a smirk lingered on my lips.
 
"I knew it!" I screamed in my mind.
 
He ed his gold and olive green military jacket, perfectly combined with black leathered pants and black military boots, and sat down. His brown almond shaped eyes gave my friend a look only changing their point of focus when a groan was heard. He heavily sighed and ran his fingers through his black hair.
 
I noticed I had stared for too long. Acting like I had seen nothing, I took the light turquoise cup and tasted my coffee. Then, I opened my sketch book and my pencil, determined to fill that blank page with a design. 
I was giving my mermaid dress some color when a chair was placed somewhere near me. I searched for that misplaced chair. Finding the place, a grin was painted on my face. I bit my lower lip trying my best not to squeal with joy.
 
Her sky blue eyes ignoring for completely the words printed on the pages of one of her favourite books, so far. She placed her book on the table and took a sip of her coffee, giving me a look. Seeing my grin, a smile appeared on her face. The book remained closed, on the table, since the moment he gave her a smile.
 
I rested my head on my hand while looking at them. Yet, snapped out of it when the waiter appeared asking if I wanted another cup of coffee to which I accepted. I gave them another look and, with another smile, decided to let them be for a while. I continued to give a purple tone to my design.
 
My coffee arrived and giving thanks to the waiter, I took a sip. Hearing steps coming towards me, I averted my gaze from my drink. My emerald green eyes looked for the source of the steps. A slight red colored my cheeks when I saw him. The white-blond haired stranger that had haunted my mind since last night. Just remembering my foolish action with his jacket, made the tint of red grow a tad darker.
 
I looked over at Ameenah's company then back at him. His gray sweater with black pants and red sneakers, made obvious the differences between him, and his casual clothes, and his, more formal clothed, Hyung.
 
"He's so hot!" My inner self squealed.
 
"Can I take a seat?" He said, bringing me back from my thoughts.
 
"Uh... sure. Can I help you with something?" I said regaining my composure. He smiled.
 
"I wanted to thank you. I didn't expect to see you here though..."
 
"I thought you were too drunk to remember me." I said slightly laughing. He took off his red cap and placed it on the table, then his gaze was upon me and, with a smile playing on his lips, he said:
 
"Apparently, turquoise hair isn't that easy to forget."