SIXTEEN

The Sacrifice *HIATUS*

 

SIXTEEN

 

“Kyungsoo-yah!” Chanyeol called out for his daughter’s name loudly in hope that she would hear him and decide to return and then got back to him again, but it only resulted in attracting the people’s attentions at the area.

His eyes were wildly searching for Kyungsoo where his whole body was turning 360°. Chanyeol felt nervous, completely nervous because he still couldn’t detect where Kyungsoo was. He didn’t wish anything bad to happen to her. Chanyeol continued his search, and as he stopped from running again, standing exactly at twelve o’clock direction to the mall’s main entrance door, he froze for seconds when he saw a crowd of people was gathering at the entrance; almost everyone looked so panicked. 

Chanyeol wanted to deny, but his instinct was strongly telling him that his daughter might be there too. His curiosity to know what was going on became one of the reasons that attracted him to be at that place also. Sehun and Minseok, who were trying to catch up on Chanyeol few seconds later after the elder left them at the restaurant, could only stand still at the spot where Chanyeol had been stood up earlier when they saw that guy was making his steps running to the entrance door.

Chanyeol could hear different kind of sentences coming out from the people’s mouths as soon as he arrived there. Some were asking, ‘Is she okay?, some were saying, ‘Oh God, she’s bleeding!’, some were saying, ‘those guys ran away,’ and only one voice Chanyeol could hear him saying, ‘Someone call an ambulance, please!’. Those sentences had made Chanyeol’s heart to pound nervously as his heart was telling him that his daughter was the one in trouble, and when he could finally hear the voice of the victim was groaning in pain and calling ‘appa’ for help, his heart skipped a beat immediately.

It was indeed his daughter.

“Kyungsoo-yah!” he yelled surprisingly and loud enough to make Sehun and Minseok could hear his voice from the inside.

The two men were also feeling surprised. 

 

******

 

“Get out of my way!” Chanyeol told angrily while pushing some of the people aside, kneeling down in front of Kyungsoo after that and then called her name again with nervous.

“Ap-appa … h-help me,” she begged with a weak voice, tears rolled down on her cheeks when she felt an unbearable pain struck around her lower stomach area; palm clasping protectively over it.

Chanyeol’s eyes widen as he could see Kyungsoo’s white jean was coated with a little amount of blood; she was bleeding! His daughter was in danger and so did his grandchild, and he was really mad at those people who were only watching his daughter in pain instead of offering themselves to bring her to the hospital. 

“Swe—sweetie, hang on! Please,” Chanyeol told with his voice trembled and with a quick action, he carried her in bridal style, shouted at the people there to move aside and then made his feet to make as fast as possible steps heading to his car.

“What happen?!” Sehun nervously aired his question randomly to anyone there as soon as he and Minseok arrived at the entrance, but before he could get any explanations from them, Minseok quickly gave him an order.

“Sehun, hurry! We don’t have time for an explanation!”

 

******

 

(Seoul General Hospital)

Chanyeol could only pray hard in his heart; asking for his both daughter and grandchild to be safe while waiting nervously and worriedly outside the emergency room. He was walking restlessly to the left and right directions in front of the room as he couldn’t sit still on the bench.

“Chanyeol-ssi,” Minseok called as soon as he and Sehun arrived, where both were panting heavily as the result of running, and the elder was surprised to see them.

“H—How did you two know that I’m here?” 

He still had time to ask that question.

“We followed you. We saw the chaos incident, but we didn’t get what had happened. H—How’s Kyungsoo?” Minseok asked with concern because just like Chanyeol, he was feeling worried about Kyungsoo also.

Hearing Minseok’s question, it made Chanyeol’s heart to hurt so bad. He shook his head slowly and then mumbled the ‘I don’t … know’ in a low voice. 

“She was in so much pain, and she fainted. T—this … this is my fault. I’m being a bad father,” Chanyeol was seriously blaming himself for what had happened.

If he could control his anger, his daughter wouldn’t have ran out from the restaurant and involved in a situation like this.

“Chanyeol-ssi …” Sehun called and then patted the elder’s back gently. “Don’t blame yourself,” he said.

Minseok could only stare at Chanyeol with full of sympathy. He could understand how the father was feeling at that moment. Didn’t matter how and what had actually happened, Minseok just wanted Kyungsoo and her baby to be safe.

“Please God, save them.”

 

******

 

One hour passed, and the red light sign of the emergency room had finally turned off. The three of them immediately got up from their seats at the same time when the door of the room slid opened, and they saw a man, the doctor with a long white coat walked out from it. Chanyeol rubbed his sweaty palms together and waited for the doctor to tell them the news.

“Are you guys the patient’s family?” The doctor asked.

“I am. I’m her father. How’s my daughter, doctor? She’s alright, right? My grandchild is fine too, right?”

He immediately questioned him. The doctor let out a low sigh, stared on the floor for seconds before he made his eyes to stare back at Chanyeol’s.

“Sir, your daughter is …”

 

******

 

(Meanwhile)

(Kim’s House)

Jongin was cuddling with Jessica on the couch in the living room. The television was , but the couple wasn’t paying attention to the airing show at all as they were busy joking and talking to each other.

“I love you,” Jessica confessed with a shy grin, pressing a fond kiss to her man’s lips and leaning in when Jongin wrapped an arm protectively around her waist.

“I always know that, Jessy,” Jongin told, smiling sweetly to her as they broke the kiss.

Jessica was smiling back at him, but before she could come out with another sentence of words, she suddenly winced in pain and let out a small ‘ouch’ while clasping her palm over her lower stomach area. Her action had made Jongin to feel surprised.

“Jessy, what’s wrong?” Jessica shook her head, trying to breathe in and out calmly.

“N—Nothing. I felt pain at this area just now, but it’s gone already. I’m okay,” she explained.

“Are you hungry?” Jongin asked again.

“Maybe.” She looked at the wall clock, “No wonder. We’ve been spending time together without we realize that it’s already 3:30 p.m. Jagiya, we’ve missed our lunch,” she added and then giggled.

“Ah jinjha?” Jongin was laughing also. “Come on, I’ll cook for us. You should only accompany me,” he suggested.

 

******

 

Hmm … how about I cook steamed fish and vegetable?” Jongin asked, and Jessica nodded.

“I’ll eat everything you cook for me, jagi,” she answered and then grinned weakly.

Jongin gave her an ‘okay’ sign by his fingers before he started to prepare the needed ingredients. Jessica smiled while staring at the back view of him. She felt truly lucky to have Jongin back in her life.

Jessica was about to take her seat when the pain that she was having minutes ago suddenly hit her again, but she didn’t let out a voice that time. She clasped her palm over her lower stomach once again, bit her lower lip, and then closed her eyes tightly as she was trying to hold the pain. Her other hand was holding the chair tightly. Seconds later, she could feel something warmed flew down and when she opened her eyes, she was shocked to see blood on the floor. With a surprised gasp, she nervously yelled for Jongin’s name.

“Jongin!”  

******

 

(Seoul General Hospital)

“Sir, your daughter is fine and so does her baby. Luckily you brought her here early because if you were few minutes late … surely we couldn’t do anything to safe her baby. Good job, father,” said the doctor and then patted Chanyeol’s shoulder.

The news they received could finally enable the three men to let out a sigh in relief. Chanyeol couldn’t hide his happy expression at that moment.

“Can we meet her now?” he asked.

“Sure. She’s awake, but I asked her to stay rest here for a while. She’s still weak.  Once she is fully energized, you can take her back home.”

“Alright. Thank you, doctor. Thank you so much,” told Chanyeol while bowing to him, followed by the other two.

 “You’re welcome,” the doctor replied with a smile.

 

******

 

“I don’t think this the right time for both of us to show ourselves in front of her, Chanyeol-ssi,” Minseok told while Sehun nodded his head.

“My hyung is right. And, although we really have no idea to what is going on with your family, I still wanna sorry on what I’ve said at the restaurant earlier. I’ll listen to your warning, Chanyeol-ssi. Sorry once again,” Sehun apologized, which made Chanyeol to feel guilty.

“No, no. I’m the one who should apologize. I shouldn’t scold and get mad at you like that. My actions probably had put you guys into curiosities, but I really can’t tell you guys everything.”

“It’s okay, Chanyeol-ssi. We understand. You should go inside now,” Minseok replied.

Chanyeol nodded his head and then wished them a safe drive as the two men excused themselves.     

 

******

 

Chanyeol walked to Kyungsoo, who was being placed at another room, on the bed no 12. There were some other patients inside the room, and his daughter was at the last bed, near the window. He could see Kyungsoo was closing her eyes, probably sleeping.  As he arrived, he took an empty chair in front of the bed and sat down to the left side of Kyungsoo. Just before he could caress his daughter’s cheek, Kyungsoo quickly opened her eyes which then made him to stop.

“Ap—appa …” she said with a low voice and smiled at him albeit weakly.

“Oh, h—hi sweetie. I thought you were sleeping,” he said, after that just went on with his intention to caress her cheek gently.

She looked like a kitten. Kyungsoo was still smiling at him.

“I’m tired, but I can’t sleep. By the way, thank you appa. If it was not because of you, my baby—”

Shh, I know, Kyungsoo. You don’t have to thank me. If I’m not being mad at Sehun, this will not happen for sure. It’s my fault. I almost put your life and my grandchild’s life in risk. I thank God for saving you both,” Chanyeol replied.

“It’s my fault too. I was being over emotional. I … I wanted to run away from you, but God must have forbid me from doing so, although not really in a nice way.”

Kyungsoo moved her views to somewhere else and withdrew a subtle sigh after she finished talking.  

“What happened actually, Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol finally let out his curiosity.

“I was just unlucky enough to be in that situation. Two guys were running towards my direction, and they hit me hard which then resulting me to fall down. I’m sure they were trying to escape from someone because they looked so clumsy,” Kyungsoo explained.

“It’s a miracle that your baby is still safe, and you’re okay. You should take a rest. Do you want me to hum you your fav lullaby?” Chanyeol offered with a shy grin, and Kyungsoo could just chuckle weakly as she heard that. 

 

******

 

Coincidentally, Jongin had brought Jessica to the same hospital where Kyungsoo was in. Jongin was waiting outside the room while waiting for the doctor to inform him about Jessica. His shirt was 1/2 coated with Jessica’s blood that had stuck on it. Jessica was bleeding a lot, and it scared him so much. It happened so fast and so sudden. Jongin had lost counted the time on how longer he had been waited outside.

After waiting for quite some time again, the doctor finally walked out from the emergency room. Jongin couldn’t say anything as he was feeling really nervous. By looking at the doctor’s expression, he was sure that he would get to hear a bad news.

“Doc—doctor …”

“I’m sorry. We couldn’t save the baby,” informed the doctor while patting Jongin’s shoulder gently.

 His thought was right. His baby had died. Jongin scoffed lowly and tried to hold back his tears.

“T—this can’t be.” 

 

******

 

(At night)

Luckily Jessica wasn’t being placed in the same room as Kyungsoo. Plus, Kyungsoo had got discharged from the hospital and so, there was no chance for them to meet.

“No! No, you’re lying! Jongin, you’re lying!”

Jessica couldn’t believe with what she had heard. She had just woken up and hearing that kind of news wasn’t something she wanted to hear. Jongin quickly hugged his terrified fiancée into his embrace and luckily the woman didn’t protest. She hugged him back and then cried as much as she wanted.

“There’s nothing we can do, Jessy,” Jongin talked in a low voice, rubbing her back gently.

“B—but … but this is so sudden, jagi. Our, our baby was just fine b—before, and I didn’t fall down or doing any hard work,” Jessica told and then cried again.

“It’s fate, Jessy. We can’t change God’s fate.” 

 

A/N: If you guys do not know the meaning:

Jinjha = Really

 

A/N: Starting from the next chapter or the other next chapter, I'll fast forward the time a bit. Stay tuned! Hehe