Chapter Three

Ramyeon Boy

-BAEKHYUN'S POV-

I fidgetted in my seat as my father's glare burn through my body, melting off my skin.

"I will tell you now that I have no intentions to continue with you and your choices. First, you come home one day during high school and tell us that you're gay, afterwards, you start to date a rich guy that clearly would only spoil you til' he's bored, and then when you finally decide to marry, he leaves you in an abandoned place?! I, your own father, leader of the Byun family will now officially disown you. There will be no need for you to come back to Seoul. And also, there will absolutely be no need for you to worry about your belongings. I will send it over to the police commanders and you will have your luggage that way. Good day, Mr. No longer a Byun."

The wooden door slams shut againt the frame, and my brain still tries to digest everything he has let out of his mouth. The words drown deep into my brain before I get it. 

Im no longer accepted as a Byun.

 

Before I knew it, I was dragged out of the motel due to lost of payments until further notice and I was not to be allowed back into the hotel itself. I hang my head and pull the luggage along with me as my body felt like it was starting degeneration early.I never bothered to realize that I ended up at Tao's door. My fingers twitching and shaking as it approaches the doorbell before it presses the pressure against the circular button next to the door.

The door slowly opens to reveal a very tired and half asleep Tao, who rubbed his eyes before actually looking up and taking his first glance at me.

"Baekhyun? What are you doing here at this time of the night?" He questions, sleep lacing thick into his voice, and his accent more noticable than usual.

"Uhm... I kinda got kicked out of the hotel and I dont have anywhere to stay. So... Can I please just stay here for tonight? I promise Ill be up and gone before you wake up tomorrow, just, please let me stay for tonight" I beg with tears starting to rise as my throat begins to feel blocked.

"Its alright. You can stay until you're ready and steady. Dont worry. Come on in." Tao starts, creating space for me to enter the condo.

As I enter his condo, I couldnt help but feel like Im intruding his space.

"You can use the guest room across from my room. And dont worry about payments, you can live here freely until you're ready to move out. Now lets sleep. Its already half past midnight."

I nod as he leads me to the guest room and mumbles a silent 'good night' before retreating to his room once again, leaving me in the silent room.

 

I awoke from a nightmare later during the night, sweat covering my body and my hair sticking onto my skin as the blanket became my shield although it wasnt something I wanted on during the hot summer heat. 

Alone in the dark night, I reach my door as I quietly knocked onto Tao's door, hoping I havent bothered him at all tonight.

"Is something wrong Baek?" He questions, struggling to keep his eyes open.

"I had a uhm... a nightmare and I was wondering if it was possible for me to.... Yea..."

He nods and hushes me in with his hand and he leads me to his bed in the opposite corner of the room.

"Do you want to sleep on the inside or the outside?"

"The inside... What if the monster takes me away while you're sleeping?"

Honestly, there was no monster in my dream. Just my parents trying to murder me. But that was too much for me, so a monster was good enough.

He slightly smiles, one end of the lips a bit higher than the other.

"Alright, go on and get under the sheets"

As I slip under the sheets of his bed, I couldnt help but think, "His bed is so much colder than the one in the guest room"

As he swings his arm over my waist and allow me to snuggle against his surprisingly broad chest. And not long afterwards, his breathing begins to start at a slow and steady pace, and even though I didnt want to sleep, his breathing soon pushed my lids and allowed my to sleep happily for the rest of the night.

As the sunlight slightly shines past the curtains not so far from the bed and peeks slightly past my eyelids, I couldnt resist the urge to open my eyes to welcome the sunlight.

When my eyes open and meets with Tao very broad chest that was covered by a loose tee as he mutters, "Morning Baek."

I smiles and I return his hug, actually, its just him letting his arm lay on my waist, but it counts as a hug to me.

He chuckles before adding, "You dont plan on staying in bed all day now, do you?"

"No, but just a little longer... Please?"

He nods and continues to lay on the bed without much of a movement.

As silent minutes pass, I finally start to sit up, letting his arm sliding from my waist to my torso. I rub the palm of my hands against my eyes as he sits up.

"So Im guessing that the talk with your father didnt go very well?"

I shake my head from side to side, indicating, yes, it didnt, but I dont want to talk about it.

"Lets go wash our faces and have breakfast. Do you want to do something today?"

I shrug. I dont know if I really want to go outside today.

As the lazy morning begins to give in and we start our breakfast, we were (somewhat rudely) interrupted when the door bell rang throughout the whole Condo.

When Tao went out to open and didnt come back in right away, I went out to the front door to find Tao staring holes into my own father.

"D-dad?"

"I knew you would be here. I came to talk about some things, if you dont mind."

I take a glance over to Tao and he shrugs. I nod and he lets my father in and disappears back into the kitchen as I sit on the sofa across from my father.

"I brought the papers for legal actions to take you out of the Byun family."

I nod and follow his directions to sign the papers. Once finished, he greeted 'good bye' and left the condo.

"Is everything okay Baekhyun?"

And without giving it a second thought, I have Tao a tight hug to keep my tears from sheding shamely.

And when he wrapped his arms around me in return, I couldnt help but bury myself into his warmth.

 

It seemed like forever before I finally calmed down and slightly loosen my hold onto Tao.

"My dad legally disowned me...." I let out, for some reason, I didnt want to lie to Tao.

"Its alright, I'll let you stay here until you're ready, remember?"

I nod as Tao ran his fingers through my hair, patting it.

"Lets go and continue eating breakfast."

I follow Tao's footsteps back into the kitchen and sit at the table once again. As the breakfast continued, we went back to having a cheerful conversation and soon, my sadness was drowsed out, at least for now, thanks to Tao.