Chapter Two

Ramyeon Boy

- BAEKHYUN'S POV - 

Walking in the streets of Tokyo, Japan, I never knew I'd believe the beautiful features that had been shown on magazines in Korea. Nor did I come to realise that I let Tao, whom I've only met moments ago, hold my grocery, no, souvenir, bag although just moments ago, I was paniced of how it had been ripped from my own fingers.

"So, Baekhyun, what is your business here in Tokyo, Japan?" Tao question, slightly turning his head over to me, unconciously, I follow him to the small drink shop to me left.

"I was supposed to be here with my fiance, but you see, some things kind of came in the way, therefore, I'll be spending the rest of the month just being here in Japan."

"I see... Would you like something to drink? Perhaps a juice of some type?"

I slightly shake my head, having no idea why my throat was going dry and my lips clamp shut with my eyes blurring at the thought of my ex-fiance. 

"Wha- Hey... Is something bothering you? We could leave right now if you want.." Tao quietly questions, slightly bending to my height.

I didnt know why I was acting that way towards Tao, who didnt have much of anything related to me, hence the fact I had barely met him, but I wanted to tell him more about me. Therefore, I nod my head hoping that I was not bothering Tao in any way possible.

He quickly ordered a drink, taking it from the worker the next minute, and tightly, but firmly holding my hand and gently pulling my out of the small yet, crowded shop.

I had no idea where he was dragging me to, but I let him. I should somehow trust him right? Or at least I think I can trust him.

Once he stops walking, making me bump into him due to his unwarned stop, He takes something out of his pocket, and I hope I wasnt the next person on Earth to die, only to realise he's taking out a key. And when I finally decide to look up, I face at a door. More of a condo than an apartment.

For someone who seemed to have so much free time to walk with a stranger, he had an amazingly clean, perfectly tidy, spacious, and beautifully decorated condo. 

"You can come on in, you know." He smiles, and for the first time tonight, I wouldnt consider him anything but a regular young man.

When I walk in, instead of being awkward like usual, I take a seat at the long cream sofa loft he had to offer. The edge of his lips grow upwards as he took out the drinks and placed it on the glass table negating the sofa before plopping down next to me.

"Nothing, just the thought of my now, ex-fiance, gives me the chills and it makes my whole body cringe in a way I've never felt." I try to explain without him asking me any questions what so ever.

"I see.. Well, over with the drama. Lets start with the basic now, shall we?"

I stare confused, but nod. Raising my hand, notifying for him to go first, just so that I know what we are supposed to be doing.

"Well then, I'll begin. Im Huang Zitao, Normally referred as Tao. Im currently at the age of 19. Im a first year university student, majoring in international cuisines and wushu-martial arts. Im originally from China and my parents happen to own a very well known restaurant for foreigners. Therefore, Im here to search for interesting cuisines and take in some of their talents to bring back home before my semester restarts in 2 months. Im currently having my interests hanging on a ramen shop a few train stops away from here. And now, would you mind telling me about yourself?" Tao lets out, in a surprising one breath.

"Uhm... Well, Im Byun Baekhyun, And I really dont have any other names, coincedentally, I happen not to be very social. Im 21, also a university student, but Im a 2nd year. Im majoring in fashion and designing. At the moment, Im taking transactions for transfering from a public university to a private one, therefore taking the one month break to my advantage. My parents are regular Korean citizens trying hard to earn for money while my elder and only brother is a lawyer with wife and child. Originally, Im supposed to be here on a trip with my ex fiance, but he, whom I was supposed to marry, left saying that he found a guy who would match him better and left, never at least giving me back the ring I had worked my off for. And I dont want to dump anything onto you, hence, I'll stop here."

Tao nods, and I hope that he wont be bothered by my half introduction and half dramatic life. 

"Is it fun to have a sibling? Im the only child. Its cool, but sometimes, its boring. No competition at all."

I shake my head from side to side, disagreeing.

"If anything, I wish it was either me or my brother who didnt exist. If he didnt exist, then my life wouldnt look so bad. But if I who did not exist, I wouldnt have to bring shame and disappointment to my family whom was happily hoping for my marriage."

He then nods one again. 

"If you dont mind, would you take me back to Korea with you in a month? It may help with my cuisine research."

I slightly nod. And I hope my parents wont be bothered. Because even if they confused him as my lover, its better than coming back with only small trinkets. Who only my neice would be fond of. 

Before neither of us could continue, my phone rang, and I excuse myself and walk into the room next door.

"Yes.. Byun Bae-"

"BYUN.BAEK.HYUN. Would you like to explain to me WHY THAT YOUR FIANCE IS TELLING US THAT HE IS CALLING OFF THE MARRIAGE?! DID YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH MONEY WE HAVE WASTED?!" And as my father kept yelling about how much of a disgrace I am to the family and all the horrible things I already know, I start to drowse him out as my eyes blur and my legs got shaky. My hands growing weak, my stomach coiling up in guilt and my throat feeling like I've eaten too many fish bones and a ball I accidentally swallowed. 

Before I could collapse on the floor, my bottom first, I was caught in sturdy and stong arms, pulling me into a warm hug. Palms up and down my back, comforting the unease of my body. Before I could register anything, the phone was taken out of my hold and Tao's words sliced into my father's sentences, "Excuse me sir? Im currently here with Byun Baekhyun. Would you mind if I ask you for your relations?"

I could hear dad yelling through the device and I could never understand why Tao was helping someone he barely knew.

"Tell him Im arriving in Japan in 4 hours. I want to meet him. Both you, and him." I heard him strain through the phone, the line going dead right after.

And even with Tao hugging me tighter, I felt the drowse in my eyes close in on me and my body collapsing into the warm hold that Tao had, completely shutting out the outside world.