The Morning After

The Best Years
"HEY, GUYS. THIS IS MY ASIAN THING." [A/N: I hope I remembered this correctly. For anyone else who might happen to read this, just..ignore it.]
 
You rolled your eyes, but smiled as one of the football players wrapped an arm around your shoulder and gave it a quick squeeze. "Later!"
 
Walking to your locker, you reached a hand out to spin the dial on the lock. With three quick spins of the dial, you pulled up on the mechanism while your other hand turned the dial. Tugging, you wrestled with your unforgiving locker. Drat.
 
You bent down slightly, stooping lower so that your dial was in sight. Carefully, you turned the dial, making sure that the little arrow above the lock pointed precisely at the ticks. Your tongue peeked out slightly as you concentrated. Again, you pulled up on the lever as you spun the dial.
 
Click.
 
With no time for a smile of triumph, you swung the metal door of your locker open, making sure beforehand that you weren't going to smack someone in the face with it. Sadly, or not so, it had happened before. You quickly pressed the button atop your iPod, lighting up your screen, checking the time. The large white typography indicated to you that you had only three minutes left until your next class, which just happened to be on the other side of the school, two floors below your current one.
 
You wasted no time, bending over to exchange textbooks in your locker. A large shadow passed over you, but you paid no attention to whomever was causing it, instead focusing on what you needed for your next class. It was probably just one of the jocks again. And they could wait. Unlike your biology teacher who had a reputation for being ruthless in all aspects of the word.

"Beibei, is this how we are now? No greeting, no goodbye hug, not even a glance?" the deep voice rumbled. [A/N: Whenever I hear the word 'rumble', I think of wresting. "LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUMMBLE!" Okay, I'm done.]
 
You purposefully ignored Chanyeol, not because you were upset with him but because you decided to let him continue to whine until he ran out of steam.
 
And whine he did.
 
"Beiiibeiiiii~~~"
 
You made the mistake of looking up at him. His face was the epitome of childlike pleading, radiating cuteness: eyes wide open, lips pouting, and his glasses perched on the bridge of his nose, framing his puppy-like eyes.
 
You despised 99.8% of all aegyo. The remaining 0.2% was Lily's. But sometimes, there were exceptions.
 
Internally, you groaned. "Ayo, whaddup, punk?"
 
The innocent look slipped off his face as he burst out into peals of laughter. "That's not the kind of greeting I had in mind."
 
Sighing, you reached out your arms towards him. And set your supplies in his outstretched arms. "Hi, Happy Virus!"
 
You turned around to reach for your calculator, missing his pout. Setting the books down on the ground quickly, he wrapped his arms around you, successfully back hugging you. Caught off-guard, you nearly dropped your calculator, face tinging with a pretty pink hue.
 
"Stop it," you said halfheartedly, nudging his arms. He ignored you, resting his chin on your shoulder so that his cheek pressed against yours.
 
"Stop what? Being so insanely attractive?" he threw in a wink for emphasis.
 
"You're so greasy for a giant," you mumbled. "It's time to get to class."
 
Chanyeol rested his chin on top of your head, smiling. "Not me~ I have a study."
 
"Technically a class since you're going to study."
 
"If you say so," he shrugged. "I'll walk you to class!"
 
"You'll end up being late! My class is on the other side of the school," you pointed out.
 
"A small price to pay to ensure the safe arrival of my princess," he said, standing straight and tall.
 
You lightly punched his arm as you shut your locker door. Chanyeol picked up your books from the floor, holding them under one arm as he used the other to gently prod your backpack, urging you to start moving. "If anything, you'll make yourself late."
 
Sticking your tongue out childishly at him, you started walking quickly. You weren't paying attention, and missed the 'wet floor' sign posted near the entrance of the school.
 
"Waaaahhhhhhhhhhh!" you yelled, arms flailing as you slipped and slid down the hall. Behind you, you could hear laughter followed by a gasp of horror. Unable to find any traction on the slick linoleum floor, you had two choices: continue sliding, or fall backwards and rumple your outfit.
 
Unwilling to walk around with a wet bottom all day, you chose the prior. [A/N: I always hear people say 'latter', so I don't know what people use for this case.] In front of you was a corner where the hallway turned left at a 90 degree angle. You held your arms out, shutting your eyes tightly, bracing for the impact which never came.
 
"Oomph!"
 
You cracked open your eyes hesitantly. In front of you was the ceiling.
 
The ceiling?
 
"Beibei, you're not as graceful as you claim to be," rumbled a voice next to your ear.
 
You jerked, surprised, rolling off the warm body and onto a dry section of the floor. You struck up a defensive position, silently cursing yourself for not having your chopsticks out. Chopsticks make great weapons after all.
 
From the floor, Chanyeol laughed, standing up and brushing off his back. You dropped your stance, confused until the pieces clicked into place.
 
Chanyeol had raced after you, grabbing onto you at the last minute and saving you from becoming a Gloria pancake. A slow heat crept onto your face as you pictured what it must have looked like to onlookers. Your hand fell to your waist, gently placing it where Chanyeol had held you.
 
"Thank you for saving me, Yeol."
 
"That's what body guards are for," he said. "Only princesses get this kind of treatment."
 
"Are you okay? You must be wet!" you said, worried that he'd catch a cold.
 
He laughed it off. "Don't worry about it. I have a change of clothes in my bag. You can never be overly prepared when you hang out with Gloria."
 
Huffing, you turned around, walking to your class.
 
"Beibei! I'll see you later, okay? I'm going to go change!" Chanyeol called down the hall.
 
"Okay!" you yelled back, your voice carrying over the rapidly growing distance. "Don't fall into the toilet!"
________
I know what you all were thinking when you read the title.
 
I added a bit to the end and edited some. I'm sorry that it's been so long since the last update. Almost a week. ^^;; ( Okay, I thought it had been longer, but I can be rather impatient. )
 
Busy busy busy~
 
Uhm.. I'm not really sure what I wrote.