The First Day

The Cold Hard Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung noticed that Hoseok had only shared his main classes with him: math, history, science, English, and psychology. He also shared a lunch period with him, but Taehyung tried to not think about that. He didn't need this weirdo around him anymore than he was at home.

"Why are you so smart?" A voice asked Taehyung, awakening him from his deep thought.

"Huh?" He turned to see Hoseok who was looking at him with his hands holding his head up on the desk.

They were in math class, the first period of the day, waiting for the teacher to come in. Taehyung sat next to the window, and Hoseok sat in the desk next to him.

"I don't know."

Hoseok squinted his eyes at him. "You don't look like someone who would be in all advanced classes!" He smiled, letting Taehyung know he was joking.

"Can I sit here?" A new voice asked. It was another student.

Taehyung looked at Hoseok with a confused face. Hoseok got up from his seat, sighing, and sat on the windowsill.

Taehyung turned to the stranger, who was still waiting for an answer, and nodded his head slightly.

He then turned to Hoseok, who had a scowl on his face.

"The teacher took away my seat privileges last month. She claimed that I distracted everyone from the class." He scoffed, obviously pissed off.

Taehyung giggled and turned around. The windowsill definitely suited Hoseok better than the desk.

----

The day passed by pretty quickly. Other than having to introduce himself to the class, Taehyung wasn't asked to do much. The work he was given wasn't any harder than what he had to do in his school in Daegu, so Taehyung didn't have to ask a lot of questions. However, he would've found the periods to be more productive without Hoseok's voice muttering side comments throughout the lessons.

It was finally lunchtime, and Taehyung was glad that he was put into such a small lunch period. This allowed him to freely sit at any empty table, which meant he didn't have to awkwardly ask to sit with a new group of people. Who would want to sit with the new kid, anyway?

"So, where are we sitting?" Hoseok asked him, nudging his arm with his elbow.

Taehyung sighed. He sat down at a table far away from everyone else in the lunchroom.

"Why so far away from everyone? Don't you want to socialize?" Hoseok asked as he slipped into the chair across from him.

Taehyung shrugged. "I don't really feel comfortable talking to new people."

Hoseok thought for a second and shrugged before he started eating.

Taehyung sighed in relief before slightly smiling. He was glad the weirdo across from him understood.

----

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter