The Bus Stop

The Cold Hard Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five minutes after the Pepero challenge, the elevator started working again.

“Great,” Taehyung thought. “This couldn’t have happened a little bit earlier?”

 He quickly said goodbye to Hoseok before walking out of the elevator and rushing into his apartment. An awkward conversation about what had happened was unnecessary.

Taehyung gave the banana milk to his siblings and locked himself in his room for the rest of the night…or for the next two days.

He couldn’t stop thinking about their ki—no. No. It wasn’t a kiss. Their lips didn’t even touch. Taehyung was just imagining that. Even if they did touch lips, Hoseok didn’t seem to notice.

He hoped.

----

“Taehyung oppa! Wake up! You have school today!”

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes to see his little sister in front of him. She was eating a boiled egg and was still in her pajamas. He ruffled her hair and sat up.

“Thank you, my little alarm clock.”

----

Taehyung washed his face and wore the uniform his mother had brought home for him the day he and Hoseok—

No.

That didn’t happen.

Remember?

Taehyung shook his head and grabbed a boiled egg from the kitchen table before kissing his little sister and brother goodbye. He then turned to his mother and slightly bowed while muttering a quiet goodbye to her as well.

His mother replied with pursed lips, “Don’t get into trouble. I don’t want the teachers to think an indecent mother raised you.”

“I’ll do my best. Have a nice day.” Taehyung looked down as he walked out the door.

“…Because I’ll probably have the worst day of my life.” He muttered to himself once he was out of his apartment.

----

“HEY! TAEHYUNG-AH!” A voice shouted from behind him.

Taehyung turned around to face Hoseok skipping along the sidewalk to catch up to him.

“WAIT FOR ME!” The elder yelled, his backpack awkwardly moving from side to side as he dashed towards Taehyung.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, but he still waited.

Hoseok smiled as he caug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter