The Lobby

The Cold Hard Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cold city air was a punch in the face as Taehyung got off the bus. He shivered and guided his little brother and sister into the apartment building. 

The lobby was warm and welcoming to the three kids from Daegu; it had yellow walls and a tan hardwood floor, and vases filled with vibrant plastic roses were placed throughout the room along with unlit candles. Taehyung smiled and walked the little ones to the black leather sofa that was placed against the wall.

"Hyung, are we going to live here?" His brother asked, jumping on the sofa.

Taehyung smiled and nodded. "Sit down. You're getting the sofa all dirty. Just wait for mom to come back with the luggage, okay? Be a little more patient."

The doors opened, letting the warm air in the lobby escape. Taehyung looked up to see if it was his mother and sighed when he saw that it wasn't. The boy who had just walked in sat down on the other end of the sofa. Taehyung glanced at him. The boy was wearing a weird combination of leggings with basketball shorts on top, brown boots, and a thin t-shirt. In his hand was a popsicle, which was already halfway done. 

Taehyung made a face. It was freezing out. People from Seoul are weird.

"What? Do you want a bite?"

Taehyung's eyes widened. The boy had caught him glancing at him.

"Uh, no. I'm fine, thank you." He replied, facing forwards.

The boy laughed. "Your dialect! Where are you from? Busan? Masan? Daegu?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter