#9: True Feelings

Love at Victoria Falls

Just a day ago, Taeyeon would not have thought that she would ever meet Tiffany again. Now, here she was, sitting awkwardly in her ex-travelling-partner’s sofa, waiting for her turn to wash up.

Everything felt so unreal to her, it was as if she had been dreaming for a long time. However, she did not know which felt more like a dream, their encounter in Zimbabwe or their meeting again in Korea. Fate had brought them together again and made them stay this way. Taeyeon shook those thoughts away from her head. Even though she was a great fan of dramas and is a Film Director herself, she knew that the vicissitudes of life had forbidden their relationship to be a smooth-sailing one and will continue to hinder their progress. Besides, Taeyeon had not forgiven Tiffany, not when she had abandoned her in the hotel room and fled back to the country like a coward.

Taeyeon knew it was rude for guests to explore the house on her own but she could not repress her curiosity. Besides, her host had told her to “treat the place as her own” and so she had decided to take it literally.  

Taeyeon had not noticed that the Creative Director’s apartment was actually pretty impressive despite being strewn with litter. Taeyeon thought that Tiffany did not look like someone who could live with so much mess and reckoned that the Creative Director must have had a rough time recently. That however, would not lessen Taeyeon’s anger at her.

Earlier, Taeyeon had been slightly overwhelmed by all the events that happened in the day and did not have the mind to observe the place but now she had the time to do it. Tiffany’s apartment boasted of a tasteful selection of furniture and art pieces to complement the interior of the house. However, there was one glaring omission from the house and Taeyeon took notice of it after she had finished touring the living room. They were no photos displayed unlike in any other girl’s house, not a single one. Taeyeon had learnt that Tiffany did not have many friends but surely there had to be some pictures of herself and her family, the girl thought.

Once again, the Film Director’s curiosity had gotten better of her and she decided to scout for pictures, ignoring all guest protocols. She felt excited all of a sudden, it was as if she had been let into one of Tiffany’s deepest secrets.

Taeyeon scuttled over to what she thinks is her host’s bedroom, turned the knob with much care and pushed open the door excitedly. She was greeted by a roomful of pink and the girl almost retched in reaction to the excessive amount of offensive colour. The girl only skimmed through the contents of the room and concluded that there was no photos in that room before shutting the door quickly behind her. Taeyeon could not bear to be surrounded by so much pink at once and wondered how Tiffany could bear to do it. Upon her exit, the guest giggled to herself shortly for she was reminded of the very pink Tiffany on the first day. In fact, Tiffany had been pink on most of the days, and the more Taeyeon thought about it, the more uncontrollable her giggles became.

After she managed to regain control of her emotions, the girl then tried her luck with the next door. She paused before opening the door, she felt as if this room might hold much and more secrets behind this door. True to her intuition, she had stumbled into a treasure trove. However, what she discovered was beyond what she had imagined. Taeyeon was at first disappointed at the thought that she had merely stumbled into the messiest work room in her entire life. The floor was littered with sketches as well as stationaries, mostly broken pencils and crushed papers. Yet, after looking beyond the messiness, was an array of highly-detailed sketches pinned on a board that was nearly as wide as the wall.

Reeled in by those familiar sketches, the intruder unconsciously made her way closer to those sketches, and feel her heart swell with each moment. Taeyeon was so engrossed with those sketches that she had only avoided stepping on the litters that were scattered throughout the room by pure luck.

Despite having seen countless of storyboards, never has any one of it tug at her heartstrings like this before and she knew the reason why she felt this way.

The storyboards were a vivid depiction of her time spent with Tiffany in Zimbabwe, particularly at the Victoria Falls. Every minute detail were sketched out to reflect the very emotions they had felt back then with each other. Taeyeon then started picturing Tiffany playing out these sequences in her mind and drawing all of them out. How much emotions had the Creative Director felt and how much feelings had she invested to produce all these art? Their frustrated first meeting, their heightened tolerance for each other and their subsequent intimacy with each other. Only the sincerest and most sentimental person could reproduce all their interactions with such clarity. Taeyeon felt her heart growing warmer at the sight of them so much so that she felt tears b. She had missed those moments too, and was glad that the Creative Director felt the same way as her.

An inconspicuous sticky note jutting out from the side of the storyboard caught her attention and she leant in closer to scrutinise the piece of paper. Almost in an instant, she felt yet another flurry of emotions washing through her. It was a contact number but it was not any other contact number, it was her contact number. The girl stared at the piece of sticky note with opened stupidly. Tiffany she… she tried to contact me.

As if echoing her thoughts, Tiffany spoke from behind and almost caused her to jump. “I tried to contact you, you know?”

Taeyeon spun around to meet her eyes with her host. She had no idea how she could not hear the injured girl coming but guessed that she had probably been too engulfed by her emotions.

“I couldn’t bring myself to press the call button.” Tiffany’s eyes fell as she continued. “I am sorry I have been a jerk to you.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened at the girl’s confessions but was too moved to say anything.

Tiffany had never been so serious about her words and she did not know what Taeyeon was feeling right now. The host let out a mirthless laugh before she spoke again. “I know it still does not change the fact that I am a jerk. Still… it would have been good if you could forgive me for my actions. I never thought that I would ever say something like this in my life but you made me want to do this. You make me feel like it is worth giving up my pride… I…”

Tiffany did not have the chance to continue as the shorter girl had rammed herself into her chest, knocking out all the air from her as she hugged her tightly. Those strong arms of Taeyeon felt as if it would never loosen its grip in a long time. It also reminded Tiffany of the first time when Taeyeon had accidentally squished her during their first meeting on the coach. That brought a reminiscient smile to Tiffany’s face and she brought her hand up instinctively to the Taeyeon’s hair.

“I like you, Tiffany Hwang. I tried to forget the fact that I fell for you in Zimbabwe but it didn’t go away. I like you way too much, jerk,” Taeyeon felt tears b over as she confessed shamelessly.

Tiffany chuckled heartily. The weight that had been on her chest had finally been lifted and she never felt any happier than this in her life. She then pulled back and held Taeyeon by her shoulders at arm’s length. Tears too were evident in Tiffany’s eyes yet it only made her smile sweeter than ever. It was such a genial and joyful eye smile that it also produced a smile onto the Taeyeon’s tear-stained face. Taeyeon knew that she must have looked so silly, crying and confessing to the girl whom she had resented for the past few days but she did not care. Tiffany too, must have heard Taeyeon’s thoughts as she wiped away those tears and held Taeyeon’s face in her hands.

“Would be nice if you could call it quits on account that I’ve saved you countless times,” Tiffany teased then nodded down to her injured ankle. “Including today’s injury as well.”

Taeyeon managed a scoff, her voice still raspy from crying, “You are such a jerk.”

“Perhaps I am… but I am your jerk.” There was a momentary pause between them before Tiffany bolded herself. “Your height makes it such a convenience for me to do this.” Tiffany then landed a kiss on the top of Taeyeon’s forehead making her blush a deep crimson in return. Tiffany felt so proud of her courage and gave a playful smirk at her own work. “Can we lie down somewhere else? My ankle’s kind of hurting already, you know.”

“W-What?” Taeyeon was momentarily stunned at that suggestion. A witty comeback to the girl’s suggestion then hit her like a comet. “Sure, but can we not lie down in that pink room of yours?”

The red on Taeyeon’s face seemed to have crept into Tiffany’s face. “Y-You are a really bad house guest.”

Taeyeon then shrugged her shoulders. “You told me to treat this place as my own and so I naturally did.”

Tiffany flicked Taeyeon’s forehead lightly before landing a soft kiss on the same spot on the girl’s forehead.

“Since it is ‘so natural’ as you had claim then perhaps you should really make this place your own as well.” The same playful smirk then found its way back into Tiffany’s face as she spoke.

Taeyeon scoffed as her mind whizzed for another intelligent rebuttal. Their squabbles and volleying of witty comments did not cease even after Taeyeon had showered and made dinner for the both of them. The guest had been horrified to know that her host had not only missed her dinner but also her lunch. She was only temporarily appeased when she managed to find ramyuns in Tiffany’s cupboard.

As they lay in bed together pressed against one another once more, Tiffany and Taeyeon prayed the night will never end and that dawn will not come. To atone for her follies, Tiffany had finally opened her heart to the girl that was now in her arms. 

Tiffany told Taeyeon about her past and mainly about her strict father. It soon became apparent to Taeyeon that Tiffany was the daughter of a rich and influential man and that she did not want to disappoint her father in any way. However, Taeyeon made her feel that rebelling this once was worth it and no matter the circumstances, Tiffany would not abandon their relationship again. Taeyeon threatened to throttle Tiffany’s neck if the girl even have thoughts about letting her go again.

That night, Taeyeon had slept so soundly in Tiffany’s arms that it was as if she never had problems with nightmares in her life. 

 

**

A/N:

It hasn't been too long since the last update right? xD After that cliffhanger from the previous chapter, I hope I finally made it up with this chapter.

The two made up with each other and Tiffany finally bares her true feelings to Taeyeon xD in fact both of them did to each other without the influence of alcohol this time xD

Additionally, I briefly mentioned about Tiffany's father which I have not done so in the previous version. 

I also realised that I have not told you guys that this chapter will be the second last chapter for this fiction and so what is left is just the final chapter plus an epilogue :)

Thank you guys for making it this far with me :) All subscribes, upvotes and comments were highly appreciated :) 

Look forward to seeing you guys again! :)