The 38th Annual Sports Festival!

Born To Be With You (Editing)

The last few days before the sports festival were hectic. People were running around every where in preperation and the teachers were under strict orders from Mr Kim to make sure that the school was in perfect condition since the school would be open to the public. Between practicing for two different soccer teams and the relay race, you hadn't seen much of the boys except for Xiumin who was also playing in the uni soccer team. Suho had been busy running errands for Mr Kim since he would one day take his place as the chairman. This meant that he was gone before you were awake in the morning and back after you were asleep at night. The other boys all had their respective jobs and sports to prepare for and you were all starting to get a bit run down with the extra work load. You had asked the boys if any of their parents were coming to the festival, most of them said that their parents were either working or out of the country on business trips, though D.O's mother would be coming to watch and so would Tao's father ,who apparently was a bit of a sports fan.

 

All of the hard work was worth it though because by the end of the day on the eve of the festival, the school looked amazing. The school was covered in banners and flags promoting each of the teams and the grounds had been turned into a mini market with food stalls lining the open space between the gym and the soccer field. Apparently Mr Kim offered small time businsses the opportunity to open up their own stalls to not only cater the event but also to promote local businesses. Temporary stands had been erected and lined the soccer fields where the majority of the action would be happening.

 

That night, you and the boys met up for dinner. You all went over to D.O's house to eat because his mother insisted that you all be fed properly before the festival. Xiumin and Suho met you at home after school and the three of you went together. You drilled Suho about what he had been doing all week and he chuckled at your barrage of questions. When you arrived at D.O's house ,you ran ahead of the boys into the restaurant, you spotted D.O's Mother coming out of the kitchen. "MAMA DO!" You ran at her and she caught you in a tight hug, laughing as you hugged her. "Aigooo, how's my darling doing?" You pulled back and raised both of you thumbs at her, she giggled and patted your head. After that horrible party incident you had gotten close with D.O's mother, she was like an aunt and big sister all wrapped into one cheerful bundle.

 

"What are we? Chopped liver?" You heard Kris's voice and turned to see him standing with Tao, D.O, Chen and Luhan, Suho and Xiumin also joined their group. "Yes, that's exactly what you are Kris." You stuck your tongue out at him, he let out a palyful growl and hooked you around the neck, putting you into a headlock and rubbing your head roughly with his other hand. You slapped his arm and yelled at him. "Yah! Let me go! You're messing up my hair!" Kris paused for a second. "What do you say?" You looked up at him with puppy eyes. "Pretty please Kris Oppa?" He stared at you for a minute before giving in and releasing you, you went about fixing your now messy hair. "Ok kids, go take a seat before the rest of your rabble arrive." Mama Do chased you away from the kitchen doors to a large round table set up in the corner just for your group. You pulled Suho into the seat on your right and Chen rushed to take the one on your left. It felt like forever since you saw Suho, and honestly you had missed him.

 

Within half an hour, the rest of the boys had arrived and the waiters had brought out a truck ton of food. The restaurant was packed with people and they were all staring at your table of good looking but rowdy boys and the mountain of food on their table. You made a mental note to help Mama Do clean up afterwards. The boys were all bantering as usual, Sehun and Chanyeol were arguing over a piece of chicken and Luhan was telling Xiumin and Lay about how he scored in his last soccer match and was waving his arms about as he demonstrated. You let out a giggle as you watched them all and your gaze shifted to Suho as he stood up, he raised his cola filled glass in the air. "I wish you all luck in the sports festival, may we all do our best and make many memories." Everyone cheered and stood, they raised their glasses too and you all clinked your cups together.

 

You giggled as you sat down once again, Suho nudged you with his elbow. "What's so funny?" You let out a dreamy sigh and a breathtaking smile graced your features. Suho felt his heart hammer in his chest as he watched you, the others had also paused to take in your smile and listen to you speak. "Nothing really, I'm just so glad that you are all in my life. Even if you are a bunch of overprotective knuckleheads." You looked around at all of them and they scowled at your last remark, Chen piped up from beside you. "Well we wouldn't have to be so overprotective if you stopped getting hurt." He pouted and you shoved him lightly. "Hey that's not fair. It's not like I asked to be attacked by crazy fan girls." You let out a laugh as Chen gave you an annoyed look. You felt a warm hand on you shoulder and turned back to Suho. "Seriously though Ahri, I want you to be careful. We aren't going to be able to stick to you as much as we would like to for the duration of this festival so we won't be able to protect you." You laughed again. "Oppa, I'll be fine! I promise that I won't push myself and if I see Miyoung I will instantly run away. Now stop acting like an old man and eat before the food gets cold." You lifted your chopsticks and shoved a huge mouthful of rice into Suho's mouth before he could protest, the other boys howled in laughter at Suho's now very full cheeks.

 

After the boys managed to inhale all of the food you all went your seperate ways. You tried to help D.O's Mother clean up but she wouldn't have it and shooed you out with the rest of them. You, Xiumin and Suho decided to walk home, it would take about an hour but it was a nice night and the stars were out in full force. You were walking in between the two boys, your hands were intertwined with theirs, swinging back and forth as you walked, a happy smile on your face. "Oppa let's go get ice cream!" Suho and Xiumin looked at you strangely. "How can you still be hungry after that?" Xiumin asked, you stuck your tongue out at him. "Because I didn't eat 2 whole chickens and 10 servings of rice unlike someone." You all laughed and Xiumin puffed out his cheeks. "I get hungry you know." You lifted your joined hands and poked his cheek. "I know, my poor Baozi." Xiumin tried to bite your finger playfully but you tucked your finger back into his hand, he pecked the back of your hand instead. You blushed lightly, Xiumin never really displayed that level of affection for you before, but you continued to smile none the less.

 

The feelings that filled you whenever you were around the boys were indescribable. It was like everything was right in the world and you were completely at peace. Even if they were annoying at times, you weren't sure you would ever be able to let any of them go. You felt like you needed them with every fibre in your body. You gravitated around them in the same way that they gravitated around you. There was no longer any doubt in your mind that there was a greater power at work here and you were sure that there was much more in store for all of you.

 

You woke up early the next day, you had to be at school earlier than usual to meet up with your team before the festival began. You changed into your sports uniform as per the schools regulations, they wanted their students to be united even if they were competing against each other, that and it looks better for the school. You sprinted down the stairs and grabed everything you needed before you went to chastise Xiumin for taking too long. Suho went to school with the two of you but quickly disappeared to do his own thing. You and Xiumin made your way to one of the senior classrooms where your team had agreed to meet. "AHRI!" You looked up and beamed at Yunhee who was waving you over to her.

 

"Unnie!" You skipped to her and she pulled you into a hug. "You ready for this?" She asked you, her voice full of excitement. You pumped your fist in front of you. "Hell yeah!" The leader of your team called for attention and began giving you all a pep talk before handing out the team colors. By the time you all dispersed you were all covered in red, you wore a red bandana on your head and had tied red fabric to your upper left arm and right wrist. You and Yunhee had two matching red stripes on your right cheeks that you had painted on each other and Xiumin and Tao had allowed you to paint a red star on their cheeks. It helped that the school uniform was mostly red so your team didn't have to go to the same lengths as the other ones.

 

All of the students streamed out onto the soccer fields for the opening ceremony, it was a sea of color as the teams mixed and students found their places. You were shocked at how many people had filled the stands already, family and friends had all come to watch as well as what looked like students from other schools. There was a stand that seemed to be overflowing with teenage girls who were all fluttering around each other, you shook your head and turned to focus on the small make shift stage that was in front of the student body. You could see the teachers standing along the back in two neat rows. The students all went quiet as Mr Kim took to the stage, he had a broad smile on his face as he adressed his audience. "Good morning and welcome everyone, to the 38th annual sports festival. We have a lot of exciting things planned for the next two days and I look forward to seeing all of our students participate." His speech continued for a good 10 minutes before he finally stepped aside. The audience all stood for the national anthem and once dismissed everyone ran off to begin the festival. You waded through the crowd in search of Yunhee, you found her quickly and the two of you scurried off to find the rest of the girls in your soccer team.

 

The first day was full of the boys and girls individual activities and the boys and girls soccer would be running at the same time, with the girls taking one field and the boys the other. Your team happened to be in the first match and you were versing the green team. From what you could see of the boys field it seemed they had the same starter match. You could see Xiumin stretching with the rest of the reds and you spotted Luhan and Suho on the other side, you knew Baekhyun would be in there somewhere too. "Ahri!" You snapped your head around to Yunhee who had noticed you spacing out, she held up her fist. "Let's go." You bumped it and the two of you took your positions. Your team had about 3 other girls who were actually good at sport, the rest were pretty much forced into it and would probably just stand around like the princesses that they were. The other team looked like it had a similar situation as you watched four girls herd the rest onto the field.

 

Since Yunhee was the captain she was at the front for the kick off, you were positioned close to her near the middle of the field. The two captains watched as a teacher flipped a coin, Yunhee called heads before the other team could choose. The teacher checked and called heads. Yunhee smirked and grabbed the ball to set up the kick off, she sent you a subtle wink and you bounced on your feet. Everyone braced themselves and as soon as the whistle blew you rocketed forward. Rather than pass the ball back to you, Yuhee kicked it towards the other team, which took them completely by surprise. Half of them ran straight past ball and by the time they realised that the ball was behind them, you already had it. With only the girly girls left between you and the goal, it took no time at all to score the first goal.

 

The first match went quickly and by the time the 40 minutes was up you were sweating and covered in grass stains and dirt. Your team had taken an easy win, having 10 goals while the other team had none. The other team had no teamwork which made it really easy for you, Yunhee and the 3 other girls to score. Yunhee tackled you in a hug and you high fived the rest of your team in celebration before you all moved off of the field for the next match. "Noona!" Sehun called your name from the side and you ran over to him, he caught you in a hug and spun you around. "Noona that was awesome! You totally rocked!" You laughed. "Sehunnie you realise that I just beat your team right?" He frowned a bit but shrugged. "You were still awesome! Now come on, we can catch the end of the other game." He grabbed your hand and dragged you to where the others were.

 

You laughed when you stopped in front of the rest of the boys. D.O, Kris and Chen were covered in as much blue as possible and someone had gone to town on their faces with blue paint. Sehun and Lay had some green fabric tied to their limbs but there was no paint, Chanyeol on the other hand had yellow paint all over his arms and legs and had a yellow hand print on his face, it was only then that you noticed that Kai was no where to be seen. "You guys look like you were attacked buy a bunch of 5 year olds." You giggled as they looked at each other, Kris shot you a smug look. "Says the one who looks like they just rolled in mud." You punched his arm lightly. "Tis the price I must pay in order to win." Tao high fived you and you all turned your attention back to the game in front of you. The boys only had 5 minutes left of their match and at the moment they were tied at 7 all. From what you could tell all the boys were really into the game, unlike the girls.

 

You watched as Suho ran with the ball, he twisted and turned around the red players with relative ease and although he was good at dodging the others, he wasn't actually going anywhere. You quickly figured out what he was doing though as you saw Luhan move further up the field. The reds were crowding Suho and had left Luhan completely open. Suho dodged another player before he booted the ball hard, it went flying up the field and straight into Luhan's possession. Luhan surged forward towards the goal, Xiumin was right on his tail though and tried to steal the ball. Luhan wouldn't have it though and pumped as much power into his legs as possible, he streaked across the field and kicked the ball, shooting it straight into the goal at a blinding speed. The crowd cheered as the teacher called an end to the match, the green team celebrated with each other as the reds strolled off the field, Xiumin made his way over to your group. "Good game Oppa!" You offered him your half empty water bottle and he quickly downed the rest of the cool liquid. "How did yours go?" You shot him a thumbs up and wiggled your eyebrows. "Of course we won." Xiumin threw his arm around your shoulders and ruffled your hair.

 

"Oh damn! Guys we gotta go!" Kris had looked at his watch and seen that him and the other ones playing basketball were meant to be in the gym about 10 minutes ago. They grabbed all their stuff and rushed away, bidding you farewell as they went. You were left with Xiumin, Chen and D.O with Baekhyun, Suho and Luhan still on the field with their team. "Ahri! Kyungsoo!" You heard a familiar voice and looked around excitedly for where it came from. Eventually you found D.O's Mother pushing her way toward you. You waved your arms once you spotted her and she pulled you into a hug once she reached you. "You were so good! I watched your whole match and I must say that I'm impressed." You giggled a bit and thanked her.

 

You didn't have to play again for at least another half hour so you decided to stay and watch the boys next soccer match. It was blue versus yellow and you finally found Kai when he stepped out onto the field with his team. He didn't go overboard with the yellow paint like Chanyeol and looked totally handsome with his hair pushed back by a yellow bandana. You had taken a seat in the bleachers with D.O's mother, and Suho, Baekhyun and Luhan had sat in the row in front of you. Baekhyun was the lucky one to sit directly infront of you and you played with his hair gently as he leaned back onto your legs. The two teams were pretty evenly matched and you called out your support for your friends, including Kai. The first time you had yelled out his name at the top of your voice he had frozen, luckily he didn't have the ball at the time, his eyes quickly found you in the crowd and a small smile graced his lips. Of course you had missed all of that and continue to scream out encouragement.

 

"Omo, is that Hongbin and Hyuk?" You muttered to yourself. The two boys were on the yellow team with Kai and just like Ravi had told you the other week they looked very unenthusiastic about their current situation. "GO HONGBIN-AH! GO HYUK-AH! WOOOOOOOO!!!" You yelled at the top of your voice so they would definitely here you. Upon hearing their names the two boys jerked their heads around to look at you. Once you caught their eye you waved at them frantically, they both dropped their heads to hide the furious blush that spread across their cheeks. "Yah! Who are they?" Baekhyun leaned his head back into your lap and looked at you questioningly. You smiled down at him. "I ran into Hyuk in a hallway once and knocked him over, then I met his friends while I was watching the others basketball practice. No, they didn't do anything to me other than talk so please stop being so territorial." You ruffled his hair and pushed it lightly, guiding his attention back to the game.

 

The game was fun to watch and before you knew it your phone was buzzing, Yunhee had sent you a message. "Rhi-rhi! The next match starts in 5... Get your over here!!" You sent her a reply saying that you would be there asap. "Guys I have to go. I'll see you later." You ruffled Baekhyun's hair once last time before you gathered your stuff and headed off. You decided to walk around the outside of the bleachers since there was too much of a crowd to cut in front. As you passed one of the bleachers you heard a familiar high pitched voice. You hid behind one of the large wooden pillars that held up the bleachers as you watched Miyoung approach. The she-devil was surrounded by girls from both the blue and yellow teams and she marched onwards as she spoke to them. "That stupid has been messing with us since the day she got here! Now is our chance to get revenge ladies! Don't worry about winning, just focus on taking her down!" Her minions all cried out in agreement and you let out a scoff, you were over being forgiving towards Miyoung and her followers and you had decided to fight back.

 

You stepped out from your hiding place just before Miyoung passed you, effectively cutting her off. "So you want to take me on, do you?" You sneered at Miyoung and the girls behind her. "Once again you decide to be a coward and make other people do your dirty work." Miyoung barked out a laugh and flicked her hair. "My hands are too fair to get them dirty." Her arrogant tone set you off and you grabbed her by the collar roughly, pulling her right into her face, you took in the immense terror that was shining in her eyes. "If this is the best you can do then bring it!" You shoved her away and narrowed your eyes at the girls behind her. "Good luck trying to take me down, girls." You lowered your voice and spat out your next words before turning and stalking away. "You'll need it."

 

Yunhee gave you a concerned look when she saw your expression, you smile at her weakly. "Unnie, no matter what happens we have to win." You clenched your fist and she nodded at you firmly. You all got in to position, your team was versing the yellow team. 'Perfect, save the best for last.' From the very beginning of the game it was clear that something was off. Half of the yellow team didn't even try to get the ball, they only went near it when you had it and as soon as it moved on they seemed to lose interest. Whenever you got the ball, you would suddenly find yourself swamped by yellows and they seemed to always be hovering around you. Yunhee looked confused but you just winked at her. She passed the ball to you yet again and you watched as the yellows started closing in.

 

You nimbly dodged each attempt that the girls made to trip you or step on your feet and you let out a laugh as you ran ahead of them. You were much more athletic than them, and you found it extremely easy to outmanoeuvre the bumbling girls. You smirked at the opposing team as you scored a goal, their plan was not working so far. You heard your name being called and turned to see Tao, Xiumin and Chanyeol waving their arms frantically from the side. You smiled and waved at them, sending them a love heart since you knew it would irritate the girls who were conspiring against you. And irritate them it did. They decided that in order to take you down, they may have to sacrifice themselves, which apparently they were willing to do for the sake of their precious EXO.

 

You were travelling with the ball, casually weaving between the girls and their pitiful attempts to stop you, when all of a sudden you felt a heavy weight crash into your side. One of the girls had run straight at you and rammed into your side with her shoulder, knocking you completely off your feet. You hit the ground with a solid thud and rolled a bit before coming to a stop. "Ahri!" You coughed a bit and sat up, blinking a few times at the scene in front of you. The girl who had rammed into you had taken herself out as well and she was lying on the ground bawling her eyes out. The teacher had run over and given her a red card, sending her off of the field to get treated before heading over to you. "Ahri-ssi, are you ok?" You got up and dusted off your legs. "Neh, I'm fine sir!" The teacher nodded and he gave your team a penalty shot, which you happily took scoring another goal for your team. The game continued in a similar fashion with girls on the opposite team throwing themselves into you whenever they could, you got three more penalty shots and had been tackled about 5 more times before the end of the game. The last one was particularly bad as the girl had aimed for your bad ankle, kicking it out from underneath you and watching as you came crashing down to the ground.

 

After the teacher called the end of the match he went and scolded all of the yellow girls, giving them detentions every day for the next two weeks. They looked at you smugly but you just calmly stood up and brushed off your legs before you strolled off the field, seemingly unharmed. "Ok what the hell was that about?" Yunhee had jogged over to you and was standing in front of you with her arms crossed, you sighed and explained as briefly as you could. "Let's just say that I'm not the most popular person amongst the other female students. They don't like how close I am with the boys and are trying to scare me away, which is why we need to win this. I can deal with their pathetic attacks as long as we win." A determined look crossed her face followed by a sly smile. "Well I suppose it's time we stepped up our game then." You nodded and the two of you plotted your next strategy.

 

Your team wouldn't have to play again until the afternoon so once you and Yunhee had come up with an epic plan to take down the blue team, you went towards the gym. You briefly scanned the stalls as you walked through them and made a mental note to come and explore them later. You headed straight through the gym and dodged the spectators who were watching the basketball, green vs blue. When you finally reached the changeroom you let out a sigh, your face contorted in pain and you shuffled over to the large mirror that hung on the wall above the sinks. You lifted your shift and flinched at the large purple bruise that was forming on your ribs, caused by that first girl's shoulder connecting with your side with so much force. You scowled at your reflection, these girls had once again managed to hurt you and now it was a matter of pride for you. You had promised Suho that you would be careful and that you could handle yourself and you were so mad at yourself for letting them get to you once again. You sighed and dropped your shirt, it was about time for the boys to finish their basketball matches for this morning.

 

You strolled back into the gym and searched the bleachers with your eyes, they weren't hard to spot since half of them were stupidly tall. That and most of the female spectators had been watching them rather than the actual game. You crossed the gym swiftly and climbed up to where they sat in the stands, once the boys caught sight of you they started cooing out your name. "You guys sound like a bunch of lost kittens calling for their mother." Although you were teasing them you really enjoyed how they fawned over you, it made you feel very loved. You looked at them all expectantly, there were no free seats and you didn't want to make one of them move but you couldn't keep standing there. Normally you would just plonk yourself on one of them and get comfy in their lap but you were painfully aware of just how many people were watching you, you may as well have a giant flashing arrow above your head.

 

You opted to just sit on the ground where you were, there was enough space between the rows for you to sit and Kris moved his legs out of the way to give you more room between him and Xiumin. "So how did you guys go?" You leaned your head back and looked at Kris upside down, he shrugged and Lay answered your question, he was sitting behind Kris. "Yellow and red tied and we beat blue. So, it was pretty uneventful." You nodded. Lay, Luhan and you were the only ones who actually cared for this festival, the others only joined because they had to. "Speaking of interesting. What the hell happened during your last match?" Xiumin looked down at you with raised eyebrows, you cursed inwardly. You had completely forgotten that him, Tao and Chanyeol had been spectating and had seen you getting thrashed about on the field.

 

Your silence brought about suspicion from the others. "What happened now?" You couldn't bring yourself to look Suho in the eye and you tried to dismiss the matter calmly. "Some of the girls were getting a bit rough is all, but I'm fine and we won so it doesn't matter." You shrugged your shoulders and remained aloof. "That was more than getting a little rough young lady." A deep voice came from in front of you and you sat back up to see where it came from. You traced it to a tall man who was watching you from his seat next to Tao. He was well built and had clear, tanned skin that hid his age. Tao caught the question in your eyes and introduced him. "Ahri, this is my Father. Father, this is Ahri." You bowed your head politely and he returned the gesture, something about him was quite intimidating and you shifted back slightly. "It's nice to finally meet you, my son speaks very fondly of you." Tao flushed brightly and elbowed his Father, he changed the topic quickly before he could be embarrassed any further.

 

"What do you mean by it was more than a little rough?" His Father look down at him silently, he blinked a few times before he answered. "She was clearly being targeted by those girls from the beginning." Tao frowned at him, you could almost feel the anger rising in the boys around you. "From the beggining?" Unforunately it seems that Tao's Father couldn't see your silent pleas for him to stop and he answered Tao's question. "They tried to trip her several times, and I must admit that I was impressed with your agility young lady, but once they figured that they couldn't catch you they began to use their own bodies to barge you. It was a pathetic attack if you ask me, and it was entirely uncalled for. I really do question how some people raise their children." His eyes flickered back to you, his face was still blank but his eyes held a large spectrum of emotions. "You are very strong, I now understand why my son is so enamored by you." You flushed a bit and smiled, flattered at his words.

 

Your smile quickly dropped when you heard Suho's voice call your name once again. "Ahri, are you sure you didn't get hurt?" You looked at him this time, he would never believe you if you didn't look him straight in the eye. "I'm fine Oppa, I promise." You sent him your best smile. You could feel your ribs throb, almost as if it was responding to your lie. Concern was still evident on his features so you got up and stretched. "I don't know about the rest of you but I'm starving. As interesting as it is to watch them set up the high jump, I would much rather go and eat." You turned and started to walk away but turned to face them after a few steps. "Are you ladies coming, or what?" Chanyeol and Chen scrambled to their feet first. "HEY! Who are you calling a lady?!" You poked your tongue out and ran off down the steps, the two boys hot on your tail. The other boys chuckled a bit and followed behind you at a slower pace, Tao's father among them. "You boys had better keep a close eye on that one, girls like that are few and far between." Tao's Father had a wise look in his eyes and the others let his words sink in as they strolled out of the gym.

 

Your eyes were sparkling, like literally, Chen could have sworn he saw them glitter as you looked around at the various food stalls. There was so much to choose from and you were entirely sure that you could eat a whole cow at this point in time, you were that hungry. "Ok, slow down there hungry hungry hippo. You already have three bags full of food, go eat them first and then if you are still hungry you can come back and get some more." Chanyeol was practically dragging you away from yet another stall. "But Oppaaaaaa, I want the swirly potato." You struggled against his grip on your arm and nearly broke free but Chen stepped in to help and grabbed your other arm. "Oppaaa!" You were complaining loudly as they pulled you to the student council room where you had all agreed to meet for lunch. Eventually you gave up struggling and walked beside them without fussing. You would go get swirly potatos later when they weren't there to stop you.

 

When you got to the student council room, you went straight to the table and opened all of your food. You had bought so much of it and you began eating quickly. Chanyeol and Chen sat either side of you and watched with mixed expressions as you devoured your food. "Y-yah! Slow down or you'll throw up." Chanyeol grabbed your hand before you could shove in your next mouthful, your mouth was packed with food and your cheeks puffed out as you chewed. So effectively you looked like a chipmunk when the door opened and Kris stepped in the room with Tao and Kai. "PHUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA" Kris had instantly burst out laughing at you and Tao followed quickly behind, even Kai had chuckled a bit. Seeing Kai with a smile on his face made your heart flutter and you brightened instantly. You ignored Kris and Tao who were leaning on each other for support as they wiped the tears from their eyes. You chewed quickly and swallowed so you could talk. "Oppa, can I have my hand back?" Chanyeol looked at you suspiciously. "Only if you slow down." You rolled your eyes but nodded in agreement and went back to eating.

 

Kris and Tao finally started to collect themselves as Suho, Luhan and Xiumin stepped in the room, Xiumin had even more food than you did. "What happened to you guys?" Luhan looked somewhat concerned at the tears in their eyes, Kris and Tao looked at each other and then to you before they broke out into another round of laughter. Chen answered Luhan's question. "Little miss piggy here decided to scoff her food and pack her cheeks like a squirrel hoarding nuts." You scowled at him for his piggy remark and stuck your tongue out before taking another mouthful. "I can see why that would be amusing but is it really that funny." Luhan was looking at Kris and Tao who were now practically rolling on the floor. Xiumin noticed your scowl and came over to you, he shoved Chen off his seat and took it. "Yah Hyung!" Xiumin just looked at him. "That's what you get for calling my princess a pig." He dumped his food with yours and you smiled at him, giving him a dramatic hug. "Uwaah my hero!" You pecked his cheek, which caused him to blush furiously.

 

The rest of lunch passed quickly, you had to leave before the rest of the boys to meet up with the rest of your team and explain the plan to them. You got up and threw out your rubbish. The boys were a bit surprised that you had actually eaten it all yourself, except for Xiumin who looked somewhat proud. You were about to run out of the room when an arm caught you around the waist, it brushed the bruise on your ribs and you winced slightly. "Woah there missy, you haven't said goodbye yet." You looked down at Luhan who had pulled you over to him, you thanked heaven that no one noticed your split second of pain. "Oppa I have to go! I'll see you guys later." You pulled yourself out of his grip and left, giving them a wave as you went out the door.

 

You quickly met up with Yunhee and the rest of your team and explained the plan to beat the blue team. Although Miyoung wasn't actually on the blue's soccer team, she clearly had a big influence on them and you now knew they would do anything to hurt you, even if they had to sacrifice themselves in the process. Honestly you thought they were being overly dramatic, all this for a bunch of boys. Though you would admit, they are very pretty boys. You shot Yunhee a smug look as the two teams got into position on to the field, she returned the look and the two of you turned your attention to the other team.

 

The blue team was made up of girls who you reconized to be some of the more die hard fans of EXO, you could see Miyoung in the stands with her face on, you shot her a cocky grin and winked. You could have sworn you could see the steam coming from her ears as she fumed in her seat. Your attention shifted once again when you heard your name being called, your eyes quickly found the source and you beamed at the saight of Ravi and Ken waving their arms wildly, the rest of their group sitting around them. You waved back and shot them a wink too, laughing at the stunned reactions they produced.

 

The teacher came onto the field soon after that and you braced yourself for the chaos that was about to unleash itself. Your team started with the ball once again. You were beginning to wonder weather Yunhee had precognitive powers, or maybe she was just very good at heads or tails. You readied yourself as the teacher brought the whistle to his lips, you saw Yunhee tense from infront of you and heard the girls beside you shift slightly. As soon as the shrill squeal of the whistle sounded, Yunhee was off. She had booted the ball back to the girl on your right and ran forwards towards the opposing sides goal. You immediately twisted and ran to the left side of the field, as far away from the ball as possible. Just as you suspected the girls were more interested in you than the ball, but unless you had the ball they couldn't do anything without the whole team getting disqualified.

 

Two of the blue girls went after the ball while the others came after you, you streaked up the field running directly parallel to Yunhee on the other side of the field. As you got closer to the goal, you caught Yunhee's eye and the two of you smirked. With no warning, the two of you suddenly changed direction and ran at each other. The whole field pretty much stopped to see what you were up to as you shot a look at the girl with the ball. Taking the hint she stopped and lifted the ball with her foot, she began to juggle it lightly before she kicked it high in the air. The crowd hissed as it seemed that the ball would sail straight over the bleachers. You continued to charge towards Yunhee whilst this happened and she dove down on one knee, knitting her fingers together with her palms facing upwards.

 

Not faultering in a single step, you placed your foot in her hands and moved with her as she used all of her strength to send you flying into the sky. The timing was perfect as you span in the air like a pro, connecting your foot with the ball and sending it soaring straight into the goal. Jaws dropped at the amazing first score as you gracefully fell back towards the ground and into your teammates awaiting arms. Yunhee and your other teammates caught you safely and placed you back on your own two feet. you high fived them and cheered, glad you could pull off the stunt after only three practices. You looked around at the stunned faces before you heard cheering, Ken and Ravi were applauding loudly and it soon turned into a standing ovation. You laughed and got back into your position.

 

The match continued like this, with you and Yunhee performing acrobatic stunts that wowed the audience and totally threw off the other team. The girls had no idea how to attack you since you were never on the ground when you had the ball, and you could feel the increasingly deadly glares that were coming your way. Half time was finally called and your team was ahead by a lot, the other team had yet to score. You and Yunhee strolled off the field and were quickly met with the teacher's somewhat solomn face. "Girls, I know what you are doing isn't against the rules but I must insist that you stop. It is far too dangerous to let you continue such stunts." You and Yunhee began protesting but he cut you off with a raised hand. "I know, it , but what if you fall. That would not be a minor accident, it would be broken bones and surgery. If I see you do one more stunt like that then I will pull both of you off the field. Am I clear?" The two of you nodded and he nodded once before going to speak with another teacher.

 

Yunhee turned to you and huffed. "This bites. Those little girls had no idea what to do and now we have no way of keeping them off you." You looked at her and sighed, it was time for your back up plan, and you hated it. "Unnie, don't give me the ball, they can't attack me unless I have the ball. Put me on the goal and win for me." Yunhee frowned at you. "Are you sure? You know that they will just call you a coward." You nodded. "Yeah I know, but I promised Suho Oppa and the guys that I wouldn't push it." The two of you sighed in unison and informed the rest of the team of your changed in tactic.

 

The game started again and you trudged over to the goal, planting your feet firmly in your position as you muttered to yourself. Yunhee shot you a sympathetic shot and you sent her back a sad smile, this was the only way to keep you out of the firing line. The match started again and now that you were out of the picture the other team was even easier to beat, the girls had no motivation to play the game in the first place. You watched boredly as Yunhee scored another goal, your team was now on 20 and the other team made no effort to even up the score. The game dragged on and on and you nearly cried with joy when the teacher finally ended it. You sprinted to Yunhee and congratuated her on the win, the two of you linked arms as you strolled off the field together, you were stopped by a whiney voice though.

 

"Now who's the coward huh? I don't know what anyone sees in you, you're just a pathetic charity case. Which reminds me that I heard a very interesting rumour the other day, something about you being an orphan who was adopted by a friend of Chairman Kim. Tell me, was it you, or her who slept with him so that you could go to school here?" You snapped and in the blink of an eye you had her by her collar as you spat at her with venom in your words. "You don't know me little girl. You think you're so perfect just because you always get what you want. Let's see your daddy pay for a new nose then." And with that, you socked her right in the face. You felt her nose crunch under your fist and smirked as that blood started flowing.

 

The girls behind her began squealing and a loud voice roared over the top of everyone. "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!" Everyone froze and looked over to the teacher, he looked furious as he took in the whole scene. "ALL OF YOU GIRLS FOLLOW ME NOW!" You regretted nothing as you linked your arms with Yunhee once again, you sent her an apologetic look but she smiled brightly, clearly pleased at your actions. The girls behind you fluttered over a bawling Miyoung as they tried to get her up and stop the bleeding at the same time. Beyond them you could see Ravi and his friends, they had clearly come over as the fuss was happening and had heard everything. "Guys we should go with them, knowing those girls they are going to say that Ahri Noona hit them unprovoked." Ravi's statement made their faces darken and the quickly followed behind the blubbering girls.

 

The teacher ushered you, Yunhee and Miyoung's group into an empty classroom and told you to wait quietly until he came back. He stressed that if any of you moved or spoke a word he would suspend you then and there. You waited till the teacher was out of ear shot before you whispered to Yunhee. "Sorry Unnie, looks like I dragged you into this too." Yunhee shook her head lightly. "It's fine, if you hadn't done it, I would have." The two of you exchanged smiles and sat there in silence as you waited. After about 10 minutes the teacher came back in with Mr Kim, you blanched at the disappointment on his face. Within seconds of him entering the room, Miyoung began bawling again. "Sir she hit me! I just went to congratulate her and she hit me, she has hated me ever since she came to this school!" Yunhee instantly fired up. "Oh that's bull, you provoked her! You do nothing but sprout lies, you're just a prissy little bi-" "THAT IS ENOUGH!" You all looked up at Mr Kim who had slammed his hands down on the a desk.

 

"I will not tolerate such behaviour from my students. I have spoken to some witnesses and am fully aware of what really happened. Miyoung-ssi. I will be telling your parents exactly what you said to antagonise Ahri-ssi, and I am taking it as a personal attack as well. Ahri-ssi I am incredibly disappointed at your use of violence. As such you will both be writing proper apology letters to each other that you will read out in front of your class on Monday, and all of you will be suspended from the rest of the sport festival events." The girls on the other side of the room began protesting loudly, you just raised your hand calmly and waited until Mr Kim looked at you. "Yes Ahri-ssi?" You lowered your hand and stood, bowing respectfully. "I apologise for causing such trouble especially with the general public in the school, but I wish to ask if Yunhee Unnie could be excused from the punishment. She was just a bystander and was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time." You raised your head and looked at him in the eye, he contemplated before waving his hand to someone outside the classroom.

 

Your eyes rounded and N walked in. "Is what Ahri-ssi is saying correct?" N looked at you and nodded. "Yes sir, Yunhee did nothing but watch what happened." Mr Kim nodded in understanding. "Very well, you are excused from the punishment, you may go back to the festival now. Miyoung-ssi I suggest you go to the school nurse, as for the rest of you I don't want to see you until Monday." With that he his heel and strode out of the room, the teacher was hot on his heels and you let out a sigh. N came over to you and looked at you with concern. "Are you ok?" You smiled up at him lightly. "Yeah I'm ok, thanks for telling him the truth." He smiled warmly. "Don't mention it, it was Ravi's idea anyway." You giggled and turned to Yunhee. "Sorry again Unnie, go and enjoy the festival." You beamed at her and she hugged you before heading out the door.

 

After you said goodbye to N you went to the changeroom and grabbed your bag before heading home. You still didn't regret punching Miyoung, but you were very depressed about being unable to attend the rest of the festival, and you were absolutely dreading having to face Mr Kim and the guys. You decided to walk home rather than call for the car, you needed the fresh air to clear your head and it was only a 30 minute walk anyway. Your mind raced as you stomped home. How was it that Miyoung had once again managed to hurt you more than you had hurt her. This was your first school event in your entire life and she had managed to snatch that away. You hoped that her nose was killing her, and an evil grin took over your feature as you remembered the feeling of crushing her nose.

 

As soon as you were in the door you went and locked yourself in your room, you went over to your stereo and some music, cranking the volume right up. You had another 2 hours to kill before anyone could possibly be home so you decided to dance around your room like a crazy person until you calmed down. You were practically jumping on your bed as you screamed out the lyrics. Normally you were quite a good dancer, what with taking lessons since you were adopted, but today you weren't being serious and you were dancing like someone had lit you on fire. After about an hour of that you finally calmed down and ran yourself a nice hot bath. You savored the feeling of the hot water as it invaded your skin and seeped into your muscles. The soccer matches had left you with sore muscles and the ugly bruise on you ribs was now a deep purple.

 

You scrubbed off the dirt and sweat until your skin was back to it's normal creamy white hue. You stepped out of the bath and dryed yourself, moisturising your skin until it practically glowed, and then moving on to brush out your hair. You threw on a pair of short shorts and an overly large t-shirt. It was so big on you that it fell off of your shoulder and you opted for no bra, going for maximum comfort. You walked out onto your balcony and plopped down onto the large sun bed, surrounding yourself with pillows as you nestled in for a quiet read in the evening sun. All in all you were very relaxed, and although you were still a bit upset about missing out on the festival, you had definitely calmed down a lot. Now your most prominant emotion was dread, what would the boys say and what would Mr Kim say? You couldn't handle the disappointment in his eyes the first time, you would probably cry if you had to see it again.

 

Your hair fell over your shoulder as you looked down to read the book sitting in your lap. You were bathed in orange light from the dwindling sun and from anyone elses point of view you looked like a goddess. Which is exactly what all of the boys thought when they stumbled onto your balcony. You had heard the rumble of feet as they all sprinted down the hallway and they all tumbled into your room in one big ball only to be stumped to see that you weren't there. You rolled your eyes and kept reading, they would figure it out and when they did they would be on you like magnets. "Where could she possibly be?!" You heard Chen's loud voice followed by Kai's quiet one. "Hyung." You assumed that he had pointed to the open door that lead to your balcony because 2 seconds later you were looking into 12 pairs of shocked eyes.

 

"Can I help you?" They had been standing there silently for a good minuted just staring at you, taking you in. Chen moved first and had a sly grin on his face. "Hell yeah you can help me." "CHEN!" The others scolded him and Xiumin grabbed him by the back of his shirt before he could pounce on you, you quirked a brow at them. "Now is not the time, Chen." Suho cleared his throat before addressing you, a light blush dusted his cheeks. "Ahri." You held up a hand and cut him off. "If you are here about what happened today then I don't want to hear it. She got what she deserved and I don't regret it one bit. Now if you don't need anything else then I ask that you please leave, I would like to continue reading in peace." You didn't mean to sound so cold but you couldn't handle the disappointment that you were sure they would show.

 

You went back to your book and moved your eyes to look like you were reading, really you couldn't take in a single word. "Tch stubborn." You heard Kai sneer before he turned and left, that made your shoulders deflate and you tilted your head more to hide the tears that were beginning to well up. 'Please leave. Please leave.' You were chanting in your head hoping that they would leave before you lost your grip on your emotions. Unfortunately some of them were far too observant for that. You heard someone move and felt them sit down infront of you. Warm hands made their way up to your face and you let them tilt your head back. "I knew it." You let out a sniffle as Suho caressed your face, wiping the now falling tears away with his thumbs. "You really are stubborn, you know." Suho pulled you into him gently, wrapping his arms around your shoulders. You clung onto his waist and sniffled in his embrace. You weren't crying heavily, it was more an outlet of the dread and worry that you had over their reaction than anything else.

 

"Yunhee came and found me and told me everything that happened. Mind you word spread pretty quick that you broke Miyoung's nose." You felt Suho's chest rumble as he chuckled a bit, Chen piped up with a grin on his face and you turned your head to look at him. "I heard that Miyoung's parents went nuts too. Apparently they apologised profusely to Mr Kim before whisking her away, her father said she would have to earn her own money if she wanted to get her nose fixed." A round of laughter rippled out of the boys and Sehun bounced from the back of the group. "I saw her face, her nose is totally black and it wouldn't stop bleeding." Kris let out a growl. "It's about time that she got some bruises."

 

You sniffled again and looked at them all. "So you're not mad at me?" Your voice was quiet and they had only just caught what you had said. Suho pulled back and looked at you in mild shock. "Why on earth would we be mad at you?" You dropped your gaze to the ground, unable to look any of them in the eye. "I don't know. Uncle Kim just looked so disappointed when he spoke to me after it happened." You peeked up and glanced at them through your long lashes. Suho sighed beside you and looked at you like a Father would his child. "We would much rather you break her nose than you get hurt again. Father has a role as both your guardian, and the school's chairman and as such it's his place to discipline you. He is probably more mad at himself than he is at you." You had looked up at him in the middle of his little speech and got completely distracted by his face.

 

The golden sunlight caressed his features as he looked down at you. He was positively glowing in your eyes and you were glad you were sitting down when you felt your knees go weak. You could see his lips moving as he spoke but heard no words, completely captivated by his every tiny movement. Each breath he took seemed to pull you into him more and you could feel yourself getting lost in his dark brown eyes. You were quite content to just sit and stare at him for the rest of your life but unfortunately you were interrupted by a sharp pain that stabbed between your shoulders. Your back arched and you let out a pained yell, the first mark on your back was burning like a hot iron. Panic took over Suho's features and his hands fluttered helplessly around you, he turned and looked at the others who were just as flustered as he was. The pain tore it's way through your body and you cursed internaly as you felt yourself begin to pass out, and for what felt like the millionth time, you were pulled into the black abyss.