Chapter 4: WTF?!

Have I Told You

Leeteuk stood outside of the suite, as looked over the city, remembering the events that happened last night. Seeing Seohae for the first time in 6 months, fighting with her was the first thing that they did, and finally seeing her coming through the door, at the reception party. He never really thought of her, until the day that she came through yesterday at the airport, and looking at her when she came in at the restaurant. To him, that night Seohae looked beautiful. Even with her sad eyes, he thought that she was more than just perfect.  

“I’m so sorry Seohae, for going through all this. You didn’t deserve this at all. You’re perfect the way you are…. Wait… BOWAH! Why am I talking like this? No way in hell that I… But last night… your looked so beautiful. Your dress… your silky hair…Aish! This cannot be…. Just from last night… I’ve fallen for my enemy?”Leeteuk said, talking to himself.  

“Do you like talking to yourself?”Heechul asked Leeteuk. Leeteuk jumped back, and looked at Heechul. 

“Heechul, how long have you been standing there?”Leeteuk asked, surprisingly. Heechul giggled. 

“No long… but I did hear you mention Seohae.”Heechul said. Leeteuk’s heart started beat uncontrollably, when Heechul mention Seohae’s name. 

“Um… what part did you hear…?”Leeteuk asked nervously. Heechul looked at him. 

“Um… the part where you said she was perfect…”Heechul said. 

“Uh… well you heard wrong…. As you can tell… I hate that skinny cow.”Leeteuk lied. Heechul laughed again. 

“I don’t know Leeteuk…Oh and I heard that you snapped at Donghae.”Heechul said, as he raised a eyebrow. Leeteuk looked at him, and sighed. 

“Yea, I did. I guess I snapped at him… for what he did to Seohae.”Leeteuk said. Heechul smiled. 

“So… this means that the one that you make fun of and get into fights with on a daily basis… the one you like is Seohae.”Heechul said, with a smile and walked back inside of the suite… 

** 

“Eunhyuk?”Donghae asked, as he turned around from the mirror.  

“Neh, fishy?”Eunhyuk asked, as he fixed his shoes.  

“I really need you to do me a favor… please?”Donghae pleaded. Eunhyuk looked over to his friend and sighed. 

“Fine… what is it?”Eunhyuk said, obviously knowing what the answer would be. Donghae sighed. 

“Hyukie… I need you to get Seohae… please… I just need to talk to her. If I don’t then I will carry this burden for the rest of my life.”Donghae said sadly. Eunhyuk looked at his friend; saw the sadness in his eyes, and then sighed. 

“I’m not promising anything, but I’ll try. If she doesn’t want too, then for the last time Donghae, just let it be.”Eunhyuk told Donghae, as he placed his hand on his shoulders… 

** 

Back downstairs, Seohae walked along lobby of the Paris hotel, with Kyumi in front of her as she held her veil, which dragged along with the dress.  

“I can’t believe that I’m the one who’s holding this dumb thing. This is supposed to me, and not you… you inconsiderate friend!”Seohae said to herself. As all the girls entered the chapel, Seohae saw Eunhyuk running towards her.  

“Seo!”Eunhyuk called out for her, as he grabbed her wrist. Before Seohae could say anything, Eunhyuk took her away, and dragged her away from the chapel. Once they were away from the chapel, Eunhyuk took her to this little garden area, outside of the hotel. Eunhyuk then stopped and turned around towards her. 

“Look, sorry I did that… but I’m doing this as a favor… for a friend…”Eunhyuk said. Seohae looked at him, and sighed knowing whom he was talking about. 

“Look, I don’t want to talk to him… it’s a done deal okay Hyukie…”Seohae said. Eunhyuk sighed. 

“Seo, look I know you hate him, but… he really wants to talk to you… so please… as a favor for my friend?”Eunhyuk pleaded. Seohae looked at him, and sighed. 

“FINE, where is he?”Seohae said, getting annoyed. Eunhyuk sighed, and pointed behind him. Seohae followed his finger, and saw Donghae standing next to small pond, with a mini fountain. Sighing to herself, and walked over to where Donghae was. Then she watched, as he turned around towards her. Donghae then gave her a small smile. Minutes passed, as Seohae and Donghae both stood in an uncomfortable silence.  

“You look well.”Donghae suddenly said, breaking the silence. Seohae rolled her eyes. 

“Thanks, same to you.”Seohae said, with no emotion in her voice. Donghae sighed, and walked over towards her. Seohae looked up from the ground, to see his face… just inches from hers.  

“Donghae…if you have something to say, then say it now… otherwise…I’m-“Seohae started, as she was interrupted by his finger on her lips.  

“Bogosipo…”He whispered, as he her face with his thumbs.  

“No…No…NO! YOU ARE BETTER THAN THIS SEOHAE! REMEMBER… YOU ARE STRONG! DON’T GIVE IN… HE’S THE ONE THAT BROKE YOUR HEART…!”Seohae said to herself.  

“Wae?”Seohae suddenly said. Donghae looked her, and sighed. 

“Because I do. I miss you every day. I just need you to tell me… not to do this… please… I can’t do this…”Donghae said. Seohae sighed, and pushed him away from her.  

“No Donghae… you did this to yourself. I can’t do that for you. Once you made your decision, you stick to it… that’s the Lee Donghae I know. So please… ju…just let…just let me go…”Seohae said, painfully and walked away, but Donghae stopped her and grabbed her by the wrist. She tried to let go, but he held her tightly.  

“I can’t…I can’t let you go. I put you though hell, I can’t see you go through this anymore… please just tell me not do it.”Donghae said, with his shaky voice. Seohae felt her chest start to get heavy, and her face started to burn. 

“No.”Was all she said, yanking her hand away from him, and ran back towards the chapel. As she got back, Leeteuk was standing next to the entrance way of the chapel. 

“Annyeong skinny cow.”Leeteuk said, waving his hand towards her. Seohae then rolled her eyes and walked up towards him. 

“Bowh  face?”Seohae said, glaring at him. Leeteuk then went up to her. 

“Nothing, I just wanted to wait for you. Kyumi is freaking out. By the way… you look like crap. Did you throw up?”Leeteuk asked, as he laughed at her.  

“Shut up Pinocchio! Let’s just get this stupid wedding over with…”Seohae and walked into the chapel… 

** 

Leeteuk sat in the front row of the chapel, with Seohae sitting next to him. Leeteuk then examined Seohae. He looked at her silky black long hair, which flowed perfectly down her back. Her light brown skin, glowed though out the room.  

“No wonder Donghae loved you so much. You’re just this perfect girl, which makes my heart beat so fast… AISH! There it goes again… I do NOT like or love you Seohae… But you’re just so beautiful. YOU ARE PERFECT…!”Leeteuk said to himself. When Leeteuk turned his attention back to Seohae, he noticed that her hands were in a fist, and turning white, as Kyumi was speaking. 

“Lee Donghae, I’ve loved you since the day that you came into my life. You were always there for me, when I needed you…”Leeteuk heard her say, and frowned to himself. 

“Why does that sound familiar?”Leeteuk asked himself. Then it hit him. 

“That was when Seohae was practicing her vows that one night when Kyumi was at the dorm… that dumb betch stole that from her?!”Leeteuk said, getting angry. Leeteuk then looked down at Seohae, and gently took her hand in his. Then he watched, as she slowly accepted his hand, and gently held his hand… 

** 

It was later that night, when Seohae sat at the reception table, with Leeteuk by her side, and Donghae sitting behind her. As she sat, she could feel Donghae’s eye burning in the back of her head.  

“This wedding stinks…that’s because you took everything that I wanted for my wedding. I shouldn’t have showed you…why are even still my friend anyways… well in your eyes you are…”Seohae mumbled to herself.  

“So, you’re a skinny cow that talks to herself… geez…”Leeteuk said to her. Seohae slowly turned her head, and gave Leeteuk the ultimate death glare. 

“YA! You stinking jerk, face!”Seohae nearly yelled, and began to hit him.  

“Ya! This is MY wedding! Why don’t you two stop it!”Kyumi yelled. Leeteuk and Seohae continued to hit each other, ignoring Kyumi. 

As the party went on, Seohae watched as Donghae and Kyumi feed each other with their cakes. Finally feeling fed up with all this crap, Seohae went to the bar, at the far corner of the room.  

“Champaign please.”Seohae asked the bartender. The bartender nodded, and went to get her drink. When the bartender came back, Seohae then grabbed the drink and gulped it down. When she finished, she placed the glass down, and looked to her left to see Leeteuk standing next to her.   

“Ya, Park Jung-Su will please stop following me?!”Seohae said, getting irritated. Leeteuk then looked at her and took her hand.  

“Let’s go somewhere. I love Donghae, but this isn’t right…”Leeteuk said, and then dragged her out of the party room. Once they were out of the room, Seohae stopped. Leeteuk then turned around. 

“Why did you stop?”Leeteuk asked. Seohae let go of his hand. 

“Before we go… I need to take off these hideous shoes… they’re ugly and uncomfortable.”Seohae said, as she took them off and threw them into the nearest trash can. Seohae then took out her foldable flats and put them on. 

“Someone can enjoy them more than I can…”She said. Then she took Leeteuk’s hand and they both left the wedding party... 

** 

3 hours later… 

Late in the evening, Leeteuk and Seohae both walked around the Las Vegas strip. Both Leeteuk and Seohae were buzzed. As they continued to walk, Seohae then stopped and took a seat on one of the benches, in front of Bellagio. Leeteuk then took a seat next to her. 

“Leeteuk…I have to tell you something.”Seohae said.  

“What is it?”Leeteuk asked. Seohae sighed. 

“I…I…I never cried when Donghae broke up with me. And I never cried when I came here… and at the wedding. I always told myself that I had to be strong, and never to be a coward. But…But now… I don’t think I can be the strong Shim Seohae that I used to be…All these emotions that I kept inside for so long… I can no long keep inside…”Seohae started, as she felt for the first time… a drop of her tears down her the side of her cheek. Then Seohae felt an arm around her shoulders, Leeteuk pulled her closer towards him. 

“It’s okay… you can let it out.”Leeteuk told her. Seohae then placed her hand against her chest, as she let out all that she kept inside for the past 6 months. Leeteuk held her tighter then kissed her forehead. As she cried, Leeteuk felt his heart hurt, as Seohae cried. After a moment or 2 and soaking up his shirt, Seohae pulled away from Leeteuk and looked back at him. 

“Okay… enough of this mushy crap… let’s have another round of drinks…”Seohae said… 

** 

The next morning, Seohae felt like someone hit her head with a block. Placing her hands over her head, feeling the pain in her head, Seohae then looked down under the covers to see that she didn’t have any clothes on, and there was an arm on top of her stomach, holding her close. Her eyes widened, as she slowly turned her head to see Leeteuk lying next to her. Seohae blinked a few times. 

“PARK JUNG-SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”Seohae screamed and got out of the bed, covering herself, with the blanket. Leeteuk suddenly woke up and jumped out of the bed as well, and he took covered himself with a blanket. 

“What the hell happened last night?!”Seohae said freaking out. Leeteuk rubbed the back of head. 

“I have no clue-“Leeteuk started, and looked straight at her, looking at her left finger. Seohae looked back at him. 

“Bowh?!”Seohae nearly screamed.  

“Seohae… what is that?!”Leeteuk said pointing to her finger. Seohae frowned, and looked down at her and her eyes widened. Then she looked back at Leeteuk, and saw the same thing on his left hand. 

“Look! You have it too!”Seohae said. Leeteuk frowned as well, and he too looked down at his left hand. As he looked, his eyes widened.  

“Please… don’t tell me…”Leeteuk said, as they both looked towards the tabled across from them. As they looked, Seohae and Leeteuk both walked slowly towards the table, to see a white piece of paper, with a photo attached to it. Leeteuk then slowly picked up the paper. As he picked it up, his face turned white. Seohae frowned, took the white piece of paper, and began to read it. 

The Little White Chapel 

By the state of Nevada, Las Vegas 

Marriage Certificate to: 

Park Jung-Su 

And 

Shim Seohae 

Date: March 9th, 2011 

 

After reading the marriage license, Seohae sat on the bed, speechless…