Diary #2: The 'Perfect Boyfriend'

Diary of a Wimpy Wife: ExoK Chanyeol edition

Recovering from my mental shock, I quickly let my reflex take on and skillfully twisted the Yoda's arm, just enough to hurt, not enough to break.

 

“AH-Oww, I'm sorry! GEEZ!” Chanyeol whimpered out as I nodded in approval. Apology accepted, for as long as the necklace is to be never mentioned again.

 

“If you don't mind, I had a project to do,” I muttered as I excuse myself from the close proximity. “Let's keep it at least an arm length distance”.

 

Without having to look, I can just imagine the pout Chanyeol would be sporting. “Okayy, I guess I'll just sit here and watch you then!”.

 

Inwardly groaning, I nodded weakly as the giant plopped himself on my bed.

 

“HEY HEY HEY! I don't need no alien on my bed, thank-you very much!” I complained as he turned to frown at me sarcastically.

 

“Might as well get used to it. I don't suppose you haven't thought about the two of us having to share the same bed?” he prompted as he proceeded to make himself comfortable.

Wrinkling my nose, I frowned in distaste. “Why would I think about that?”.

 

To my dismay, I may just have underestimated the giant. He is not only Yoda, he's also a giant bastard: “Oh I don't know, maybe because every other girl would think about it, even if I have done nothing for them to assume so?”

 

I stared in pure shock. Not only is he a bastard, he's also a cocky one! I scoffed and turned my back towards him, grasping onto my pencil with a death hold. How I wish I could crush him and his infinite ego. “You are so full of it Park Chanyeol...”, I muttered under my breath as he made his way out my bedroom door. Now that he has completed his daily task of annoying the out of me, for what purpose must he stay?

 

Chanyeol's POV:

 

Smirking as I close the door behind me, I didn't hesitate to check myself out on the mirror across the hallway on the second floor of the Seo household. She couldn't have been more correct: I am full of it. Full of handsome looks, that is!

 

I chuckled to myself as the reflection in the mirror dared to point out a red mark on my forearm. Damn, the women sure has gained quite some muscle ever since she started taekwondo! If I am not mistaken, I have heard from Baekhyun hyung of which he had gotten the piece of information from Mina's best friend Bora, that Mina had originally learned it to prove to her mom that she was not in need of a man. Husband or boyfriend.

 

I'd hate to admit it, but boy oh boy and I excited to crumple up her plans and toss it in the trash can- along with her dreams and hopes of owning 20 different breeds of cats. With Mina and I being the same age, I am suspicious as to whether her mental age is above that of a 50 year old's.

 

Mina's POV:

 

There is no way that I will let one alien ruin my entire future plan of becoming an independent woman. Which, by the way, is how I ended up sitting inside a local coffee shop. If I were to find a way out of this, there would be no chance of me completing the task alone. This mission required two people's teamwork and acting skills. And well, I have only myself at the moment.

 

Waiting for the coffee to arrive, I stare at the computer screen displayed in front of me, scanning information about different potential boyfriends. The site name is typical, 'findyourperfectboyfriend.com'. Please, can it get any more cliche? Anyway, the site promotes men from ages 15 to 45, all here to be at your service. Could they potentially be your boyfriend? Yes. Are they for a life time? No, and quite rightly so.

 

You see, in this world there is no 'perfect being', let alone a 'perfect boyfriend'. What this site provides, is a temporary pretend boyfriend who offers the basic skin ship and acting skills to hopefully stop your parents from booking you unwanted blind dates, prove to your friends that you are not the lonely gal you really are, or in my case, bail you out of a unwanted arranged marriage. Of course there are plenty scenarios where a 'perfect boyfriend' may come in handy for, but whatever the reason, there is a price to be paid. They charge according to the actor's looks and professionalism, so of course if I wanted to fool my mom into thinking there just might be some one out there more suitable then Park Yoda (yikes), I would have to mentally prepare myself for a month of an empty wallet.

 

Just as I was about to check my phone for the time, a waitor made its way in front of me, holding onto a cup of mocha I had ordered.

 

“Oh, Suho-ssi!”

 

Suho's POV:

 

Standing before Mina, I smiled as I carefully placed the cup of Mocha on the table.

 

“Annyonhaseyo Mina-ssi, I see you were not able to resist our great coffee.” I as she gestured for me to take a seat. Glancing at the old clock ticking on the right corner of the cafe, I decided that it was time for my break anyway.

 

“Of course, I need my daily dose of your coffee, after all!” Mina grinned as she raised the cup of coffee to her lips, leaving a white smudge of cream just above her lips.

 

Holding back a chuckle, I grabbed a napkin and reached over, gently wiping off the foam off of her cupid's bow. Blushing a light shade of pink, the girl cowered under my touch and leaned back unconsciously. How adorable can she get?

 

“So,” I started as I leaned back in my seat also. “I see you are looking for a 'perfect boyfriend'.”

 

She gasped lightly, quickly closing her laptop, folding it into her chest. “I-I-”

 

I raised up a hand, nodding in understanding. “Don't worry, I don't judge anyone based on their actions.”

 

Heaving a sigh of relief, Mina explained briefly to me about her recent encounter with a boy whom she would much rather prefer not to mention his name, and how she was now stuck in an arranged marriage with him. Now, she is left with no choice but to take matters into her own hands and find a 'perfect boyfriend' to get her out of this 'inhumane contract of marriage'. She had claimed that it was her last strand of hope.

 

Being the eldest son of a rather wealthy family, I completely understood where she was coming from. Once set up on a arranged marriage myself for the sake of our family business, I had tried millions of tactics to get myself out of the mess of a situation. In the end, I had no choice but to 'run away' from home. And it wasn't all that terrible of a decision either, considering I was a rather independent child anyway. The only remorse I carry with me is the fact that I have also, in the process of leading on my own life, abandoned my younger brother, who was only 16 during the time I was stuck in the arranged marriage. Now that five years have passed, I can only reminisce all the great times I have spent with my brother, whose name I am rather unwilling to bring up. It was too risky, for tears I will shed no more.

 

“You're the same age as my younger brother, actually.” I confessed.

 

Mina smiled genuinely, “Wow! He's so lucky to have you as an older brother”.

 

I smiled sadly. “Not neccesarily...”

 

Before she could get a chance to question what I had just said, I reached for her phone and typed in my number along with my saved contact name.

 

“Here, call me when you have decided upon your answer. We'll discuss the details later” I grinned. Without hesitating, I quickly walk towards the kitchen as my break have ended since long again. But how could I stop myself from helping out such an adorable girl?

 

Your POV:

 

I bit my lip in confusion as I scrolled down my contact list. If he had just added himself onto my phone, how come there is no one under the name of 'Suho'?

 

I quickly press the list of 'recently added contacts', only to discover a number that has been reportedly saved on a few seconds ago.

 

Tapping on the number, I widen my eyes in surprise as I utter out the contact name: “'Your Perfect Boyfriend'?”

 

PLEASE COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND RATE! :DD (can we do 3+ comments for next chappie?) ((((: