Epilogue

To Dearest, with love

They say that we learn from what happens in our lives, which, I believe, is indeed the truth. Life taught me so many things, the journey through which I've come along had taught me so many things that I hadn't really seen through at once, but in deeper perception, it had always been there, all I had needed was looking at them in a different light, and that is where you, Eunji had helped me through.

Life is like a river, it so very much is. A river flows beautifully, magnificently, at all perpetuity and all we see of it when we over look it is its beauty. But, of course, it may change on different perspectives for some may fear the river, some may love it, some may ignore it, some may not see it at all, and some may see it in an entirely different angle. That is what life is like, I'm not sure about you but for me, it certainly is. When it flows it crashes onto massive rocks, and so falls down the water falls, will be tainted by dirt, will be scented by falling blossoms, will be colored by weeds, will be sparkled by life, all through this, it flows along, long and strong until it finally ends up in the ocean. That's just what life is like; we go through ups and downs through battles and tears, we go through happiness and laughter, with victory and failure, and there will always be life, sparkling on its own glory which beautifies this one journey of life.

It always depends on how we see things, I believe, and how far we can see things through. I had always overlooked things in my past prior to my soulful meeting with my wife, therefore i had been delusional. I wouldn't say i was entirely a fool, 'fool' is a shallow word which has no meaning to it at all. Nobody is a fool, we are all just unaware, we all need help to be made aware, that's why we need companionship to show us how to decipher right from wrong, to show us how to see things through but not over, to show us who we really could be. I was made aware of what i had overlooked in life by Eunji, thus I wasn't delusional anymore; knowledgeable rather, I became, gradually a person all-new.

Maybe that's what which kept me strong through the hard times, the happiness that Eunji gave me, and the fact that I looked at things in a completely different life, for I saw it that my life shouldn't end there.

The life which we're given now is precious, because we could own it only once. I could never understand why people, teenagers who are given complete lives end them just because they couldn't find answers to the problems that they have mentally fallen into while people like us who had neared death even without having done anything wrong fight to save and protect it. We should all protect it, life is only once in an eternity, being born a human, I've learnt in a Buddhist teaching is like a looking into sunrise through a tiny hole. Its that impossible, fatally, to be born a human being. SO why destroy it once you were blessed? Fight, no matter what. Fighting is what which brings victory, fight for your life, fight for what you're about to lose, for this life is precious, you won't be given another chance to live this life again; protect it, treasure it, cherish it, live as happily as you could.

Question me how happiness would come by. This particular trait,truthfully, I'm not very certain, but I'm proud to say that happiness comes along as long as you do what you think and you know is right because that's how happiness found me. Happiness isn't something that we can find so easily, happiness will always find you as long as you're doing things in the correct mannerism, happiness will find you as long as you do right, happiness will find you as long as you give happiness to others. How do you give happiness? Be the best of everything. Be the best in education, be the best son or daughter, be the best friend, be the best boyfriend or girlfriend, find the best partner whom you're certain you can spend your entire life with, be the best husband, wife, be the best father, mother, earn the best out of all you do, be successful, be intelligent, be honest, be vigilant, be loyal, be respectful, make the best decision, fight the hardest and enjoy your life. Eventually happiness would find you.

How am I certain of all of this? I learned the hard way. Its the truth, like I said, life teaches you the moral elements in living; learn them, learn them right and be productive in using them in your future ahead. Have plans in you life to be successful, otherwise you'd be planning your failure. Learn to endure, never be ignorant, learn to accept defeat for one day your defeat will bring you boundless victory. No victory comes along without a battle, so fight, and give the best you possibly could.

Be giving, be forgiving. Love yourself, love everyone else, love your enemy, love everyone who hates you, loves you, knows you and even who has never met you in their lives. Never feign vengeance, treat the ones who hates you wisely. Vengeance may hurt you back, it may be a fire on a haystack, thus treat everyone with compassion in return.

Be passionate to do what you love, be diligent, be thoughtful, be courageous, be wise. Make the best decision, make the right choice, and always remember that what you're dealing with is your very own life. your very own, precious, treasured, cherished, one and only life.

 

Kim Eunji, dearest, teach my child all this that you have taught me through the journey we have come so far. This life is impermanent, its unpredictable, however I've come to make the best use of it, i have come to become a better person than i used to be. Now I'm a happy father, a grateful husband, a cancer survival. I'm content of what I have, I'm content of what I'm capable of giving the world, I never regret the right decisions I've made in my life, and you, Eunji is one of the best decisions I've made in my life. The courage I had to approach you on that one morning in the spring three years ago changed my entire life. That approach is what which brought me to where I stand now. Thank you, for changing my life. I wouldn't say I owe you because I know I've made you a happy proud wife. I believe I've succeeded in life, for there's nothing more that I'd ask for. I have you, I have our child, I have happiness, I have a wonderful life to go on living. I'm grateful for all which had brought that into my life. Is it fate? god? or myself? I'm not certain, however, I'm thankful, for now I am the person that I had always wanted to be.

I shall conclude our story here, my Eunji, although I'm certain i haven't covered everything I should have told you. One day, I will tell you everything, everything that you had given my life although I'm certain it won't give any clear sense either. Eunji, you and I are one. That, I'm certain, therefore I hope this what I was trying to tell you throughout this story, you could understand.

This, just so you know, isn't a typical love story that you'd read in a novel with all the cliche, no. This is our story, the story of Kim Eunji and I which I write for you, my dearest, to show you how much you mean to me. This is how I wish to show you how much I appreciate you, how much I treasure you, and how grateful that you're my wife and that you're the mother to my child.

This is to you, dearest.
with love,
Kim Sung Gyu.


The end


Hello readers!

So it ends here. A word about this story, I'm not certain whether I have built it up to reach your expectations but I hope I have done well. I'm not a big fan of the typical love stories, I want to give something for the readers to add to there lives, so i hope I did give you something in the end. This story is purely fictional, made up by my own ideas and things that I've learned through various sources, but, yes, the moral I wished to give you through it, I hope I had brought it through.

How I was inspired to write this is, well, here comes the secret I promised to tell you.

The person I have an undying crush on is the very person who told me half of the things that Eunji and Sunggyu tells you in this story, about the world, about life, this person is my lecturer at college, who, well, left our class. We loved him to no end because he always left us with something to think, so I decided to share what he had taught us with you all. I hope you won't find this witty although it is crazy and witty, even if you do, that's just fine. There's no love story there, just unrequited so that avoids the cliche.

And hopefully this story covers so many things I had wanted to tell the world. We are all broken souls, I guess, we are all waiting for someone to mend our hearts, so this goes out to all who stand in the very same element as I; keep believing in yourselves, everyone. That day is not that far. We will all find our Jung Eunji somewhere, sometime in our lives, so just await.

I should end here, then. I will be on hiatus afterwards, because as promised, this will be my final story for a long time. Fingers crossed to get my muse running on the hamster wheel!

Commenting, subscribing, its all up to you.

Thank you very much to everyone who held onto this for so long. Excuse all the mistakes, I'm not the best at this, but trying to be better.

Than you muchlovegyuji, you were a great pillar for me to lean on, your words kept me going, be glad that you kept me alive on AFF this long! and also Pinocchi and informantxgirl unnie, my two besties here. I promise I will come back.

Thank you everyone!!!

God bless you, and so may the triple gems.

Goodbye!

Achini.