[5]Like a knife to heart

Sweet Ballad Or Powerful Rapping?

“Hey!” A not-so-low male voice appears behind Hyoirn out of nowhere.

“AHHHHHH~!!!!” Hyorin covers her both ears with her shaking hands and crouches down, freaking out and not feeling her legs.

“Yah! Kim Hyojung, what are you doing?” The voice speaks again but in a softer tone this time.

“Kim Sunggyu! You freak me out! I almost faint you know? If I pass out, are you going to be responsible for that? UH?!” Hyorin glares at the childish oppa that always likes to trick her.

Sunggyu can’t help but laugh at her cute pouting face.

‘Always act like a little girl in front of me.’ He thinks.

“I have told you not to directly call your oppa’s name, haven’t I? I don’t know you’re such an impolite kid!” Sunggyu spreads out his arms and shakes his head while giving Hyorin a brows-knitted face.

“Then you should first act like one! What kind of oppa will scare his dongsaeng like that!” Hyorin crosses her arms and turns her back to the mischievous man.

“Arraseo~ Mianhae~ I come to here for some reason you know?” Sunggyu puts his palms on either side of Hyorin’s shoulders. And this action makes her heart skip for a beat.

‘Please my heart. Don’t beat so fast…’ Hyorin can feel the warmth sending from his hands.

“Wh..what do you want?” Hyorin turns around to face him again, still a little shy from their skinship.

“I come to buy you dinner! Come on, the other members of yours are waiting for you to come back. What took you so long anyway?” Sunggyu drags the confused Hyorin out of the studio.


‘He’s never done something like this before… What is this for? Is tomorrow the end of the world?’ Hyorin hesitantly lifts the folk from the well-decorated table in an absolutely luxurious restaurant that Sunggyu takes them to.

“Wow oppa! Why do you take us here? This place is expensive, isn’t it? I have always wanted to be in a fancy restaurant like this. Thank you sooooo much!” Dasom brings her hands to her cheeks, acting like a flower to show her aegyo gratitude for Sunggyu.

“Isn’t this place too high-priced? Let’s go to some normal places. You don’t have that much money!” Hyorin whispers to the man sitting next to her, who she thinks that must have lost his mind. She is a close sister of his, close enough to know that he doesn’t have a lot of property to waste this way. He is even paying his monthly car debt!

“Don’t worry. I’ve got this.” Sunggyu pats Hyorin’s left hand lightly, assuring her that he still has the ability to afford.

“You need to take us out to dinner more often! I didn’t know you are this nice! I’ll change my view on you now~” Bora is kind of surprised by her friend’s behavior, for he has been stingy on everything, s’ meals, his meals, his cloth, just everything.

“Yah Yoon Bora! I have been a generous friend to you okay? How can you say that?” Sunggyu hugs his right hand to near his heart, acting like he is hurt.

“Everyone stop talking and let the eating started!” The youngest two, Soyou and Dasom, can’t understand how they can not be distracted by the mouth-watering dishes in front of them. They can’t ever get it.

Chuckling at the whining maknaes’ protest, finally they begin to enjoy the luxurious dinner.


“You girls go home first. I have something to talk with Hyojung, okay?” Sunggyu says standing in Sistar’s practice room after he gets four of them back to their company.

Hyorin stops picking her things and widens her eyes upon hearing Sunggyu’s words.

‘What does he want to talk? ALONE with me?? At THIS hour???? It’s near midnight now!’ She can’t help the blushing on her cheeks.

Yes, Hyorin has a crush on the small-eyed man. Every time she spends her time with him around, she feels right. Sometimes she does feel the chemistry between them when he flashes her a smile or holds her hand. Though the sparks aren’t as strong as those Kris gives her.

‘What does this have to do with Kris… Why did I think of him?’ Hyorin slightly shakes the thought out of her head.

“Don’t take long. This girl driving and the darkness outside aren’t a good collaboration. Unless you will send her home, of course~” Bora gives a wink to the blushing girl.

Surely the members know about their leader’s crush. They even have been encouraging her to confess or at least give the foolish man a little hint.

‘And finally this day is coming! God I’ve been waiting for this. Thank you thank you!’ Soyou secretly has prayed for the Mr. Right to appear for Hyorin as soon as possible. She knows so well that this girl isn’t the lovely style of girl who will change herself to meet the expectation of men. It doesn’t mean that her eonnie isn’t a lovable person. It’s actually the opposite. Once a man falls for her, she knows that Hyorin will be nothing but a great girlfriend that a man can ever asks for. But before that, there has to be a man falling in love with her first.

“Sure, I knows how she drives. It’s more dangerous for other cars on the roads.” Sunggyu jokes around the atmosphere and gains himself a dead glare.

“Yah! My driving skill is pretty good, okay?” Hyorin gives the boy a slap on his arm, making him hiss in pain.

“Anyway, don’t leave too late. We’ll get going now. See you tomorrow eonnie. And I’m hoping you are going to give me a call soon! And I mean very soon~” Dasom holds on both of the elder girls’ hands and pulls them out, avoiding them becoming the third and fourth or fifth wheels.

“Fine. I’ll give you guys a call, alright? Now go home and sleep. I can’t have my group’s visuals getting panda’s eyes. See ya~” Hyorin pushes the girls who look even happier than herself out of the studio. And she definitely notices the looks that they’re giving her, saying that they will be waiting for the good news.

Hyorin rolls her eyes at them but still can’t hide the smile on her lips.

After the noise disappears following the owners, the room suddenly sinks into awkward silence.

“What call? Why do you call each other right after meeting together?” Sunggyu goes near to the mirror and sits down against it.

“Ah? Nothing! It’s girl thing. You don’t have to know about it!” Hyorin explains quickly, slowly going to where her crush is sitting.

“So what is it? What do you want to talk about?” Hyorin nervously says while looking down, playing with her fingers.

“Aha~ Let me prepare myself a little.” Sunggyu lays his head on Hyorin’s legs with a sigh.

‘There he goes again. Making skinships just like it’s nothing. Why does he always so touchy around me?!’ Hyorin tries to keep calm outside while she’s screaming like a high school girl in her head.

“Don’t try changing the topic! Really, what do you want to tell me?” Hyorin carefully puts her hand on Sunggyu’s shoulder.

“Fine. But promise me that nothing is going to change between us, okay? Everything that we have. Can you?” Suddenly sitting up, Sungguy grabs her hand that is on his shoulder and puts it in his palms. His stare at her almost makes Hyorin feel herself melting away.

“We…Well, it depends.” Hyorin fails to prevent her voice from sounding nervous. She begins to sense her hand that is been held sweating.

‘Stop it!! I am really having a heart attack now. Somebody call the doctor!’

After Sunggyu taking a deep breath, he opens his eyes and resumes his intense stare at Hyorin. “Okay, I want to ask you a favor that I have been keeping in mind for a long time. Hyorin… I…” Sunggyu bites his lower lip and scratches the back of his neck. But the other hand is still holding Hyorin’s .

“Yes?” ‘Please.’

“Can you…”

“Yeah?” ‘I have been waiting, too.’

CanyougivemeHyuna’snumber?” Sunggyu says within a breath that all the words are stuck together, almost making it can’t be comprehensive. Painfully almost.

“That…That is what you want to ask me for?” Hyorin no longer wants to hide the disappointment in her voice. She doesn’t care anymore.

“You can’t? I know it’s rude to get her number without any permission. But you know how I feel about her, right? Please, I really want to give myself a try.” Sunggyu keeps talking about the other woman while the heart-broken one is withering right in front of him.

‘Sure I know that he’s got an eye on her. Who hasn’t actually? She is everything that I’m not. What am I thinking that he might have something for me…’

“Hyorin-ah, I…” Sunggyu can sense that something isn’t right when the girl suddenly sinks into silence.

‘Should I do this favor for him? Why? Should I use the lamest and dumbest excuse? “What about the media? And your fans? If you really date her, can you hide the news from exploding?” If I do ask him then what? Won’t it make me look even more pathetic?’

Preparing herself, Hyorin magically manages to fake a small smile. “Oppa, you don’t have to explain all that to me. Of course I know you like her. Sure I can help you with that.”

“REALLY??!! Thank you, Hyorin-ah! Thank you so much! I’ll repay you for this.” Sunggyu smiles like a child who just gets his Christmas present, so innocently and so happily.

‘What a smile … for her.’

“I’ll text her number to you, okay? And good luck to you and her…” Hyorin says the last two word nearly inaudible.

“Thanks. You’re the best! I really don’t know how to live without you!” Sunggyu grabs both of Hyorin’s hands tightly and shakes them in ecstasy, leaving light red mark on her skin.

“Yeah… Shouldn’t you get going before your manager gets mad?” Hyorin just doesn’t want to see the happy face on her crush’s face. He’s making her feel weaker.

“Right. I’ll give you a drive home. Come on!” Sunggyu starts to get up and gives out his hand.

Can’t find herself utter any word, Hyorin just stands up without even glancing his hand, let alone his face, and grabs her bag before going straight to the exit. That’s when the clueless boy sees. Her smile gone and replaced by a somehow hurt expression. She is having a hard time protecting her tears from falling and being seen.

‘Maybe it’s me that expect too much…’ Hyorin shakes her head and scoffs at herself.

“What’s wrong with her?” Sunngyu still has no idea how the atmosphere becomes like this. But he pushes the question aside and runs out the room to catch up the girl. He hangs his arm across her shoulders and pulls her closer. “Just wait for my good news, okay?”

Finishing the line, Sunggyu goes ahead to the parking lot in the basement. What he doesn’t know is that every smile he is wearing now is like a knife, stabbing into the girl’s heart.


I think that I have lost the qualification to appolygize to readers who have subscribed this story...

I'm SOOOOO SORRY~ It's been like forever since the last time that I updated. Being busy, and I mean crazily unbelievably busy, is one reason that stops me from updating. And the other reason of my writer block I think is that many things have chaged , very different from what I set in the beginning. But since I've made the promise that I won't abandon this story, I will finish this though I don't know when... And as for the changed situation, I think I'll just stick with my previous plan so it won't be in line with the reality now which I believe you know what I mean~ Anyway, my late HAPPY NEW YEAR congratulation of 2015 and for those who celebrates Chinese New Year with me, 新年快樂~ Hope everyone can find what you're looking for in 2015!!!

Has anyone watched SISTAR's Show Time? The four girls are so funny and crazy! I'm so happy that they finally have their own reality show! Though it'sgoing to an end next week... :( I'm still wondering when will our no.1 subunit SISTAR19 make a comeback~ Maybe with or after MOSTA X I assume. Let's wait and see what Starship has planned to surprise us! Until then... ;) 

Lots of Love, by LinYooJung.