3:00

Ocean of Light

Kim Jongin was angry. No, scratch that. Kim Jongin was furious. He was burning from the inside the moment his friend called. His sweaty hands were stuck to the steering wheel. It was almost 3 AM when Yixing decided to ruin his sleep and ask for help. The elder had collapsed near him, dreaming, as Jongin smoothly drove down the empty road.

Yes, Jongin was too sleepy to pay attention ahead. Luckily, their destination wasn’t far from the bar he picked Yixing from, so he thought it was okay. Nothing could go wrong.

Well, except the freezing breeze which entered the car. He kept the windows rolled down because Yixing stank of booze. It made the younger nauseous. He couldn’t believe Yixing did it again after he specifically told him not to hang out with that annoying bunch. They always made Jongin’s friend consume too much alcohol.

Kim Jongin was disappointed.

“Woah, I have this album too!” drowsy Yixing said from the chair. He picked the CD from the car board and rotated it on all sides. He grinned to Jongin. The younger answered with a heavy sigh.

“Because this is your car.” he muttered under his breath. Yixing nodded and collapsed back in his seat.

Half an hour later, Jongin parked the car in front of a house and helped the other reach the door. Sick of always cleaning after Yixing, he dropped his friend there and walked away. His home wasn’t far - it was their stupid idea to live that close - so he could stroll until there and have a bit of peace.

Yixing on the other hand was in for some troublesome hours.

First, he barely found his keys. He looked inside his bag before he realized that there was no bag. After, he checked his front and back pockets. Nothing. Inside his jacket, he finally found them. As he tried to push them inside the keyhole, they wouldn’t budge. Something was blocking them. Yixing thought that woman locked the door and then left the keys inside. He wanted to bang and wake up the neighborhood with his shouts, yet he was afraid to wake up his wife. Instead, he took a second look at the key. His eyes tried hard to focus on them. Only then did he see he never actually pushed the keys inside the keyhole.

Yixing stifled a laughter. It was funny. It was so funny in his drunken state.

Finally inside, the slowly closed the door behind and patted the walls after the switch. Again, he didn’t want to draw attention, so he thought of another way to get around. Yixing’s phone came in handy. He kept pressing any available button as he stumbled upon various furniture items. Finally, after he hit his face first onto the bedroom door, he crawled in bed near his wife and once more tried to sleep. The woman suddenly got out and kicked Yixing off bed

“Where have you been?” Daiyu pointed her finger in the dark room. Yixing grabbed the blanket hanging from the bed’s edge and pulled it on him. He wrapped it around and laid there on the floor, content with the cooler temperature. He mumbled an excuse before he drifted back to lalaland.

Daiyu went around the bed and once more kicked the poor man in the back. It was a light hit, enough to make her presence known.

“Stoooop,” he whined and cuddled better in the blanket.

“I was worried sick!” she declared and crouched near him. Daiyu poked Yixing’s head and clutched at the blanket. She tried to get it off him, but the man wouldn’t let go.

“Dooon’t,” he protested. The brunette wouldn’t take no for an answer. She continued to struggle with the blanket. Soon, they battled for it. Daiyu wrapped part of the blanket around her arm and continued to pull with greater strength. Yixing decided it was impossible to win when it came to Daiyu, so he simply let go.

In that instant, Daiyu flew backwards and landed flat on her . Yixing blinked once. He blinked twice. When Daiyu moaned, he rushed to her side and helped the woman up.

“You promised!” she accused with tears forming at the corner of her eyes.

“I’m sorry…” Yixing apologized as he pulled her in a tight embrace. He patted her head and made sure there was nothing wrong. Though, he couldn’t see much anyway.

“Yah, Yixing, I hate this place!” she pushed him off her and sniffed. “Can’t we go back to Shanghai?”

“My work is here,” he softly spoke as he tried to embrace her again.

“But…” she was silenced with a small kiss applied on the corner of .

“It’s going to be okay honey, we’ll make it through together.”

“I guess,” she fixed her hair before finally shoving him away. “Take a shower, you smell awful!”

“Only if you’ll take it with me!” he cheerfully said.

Daiyu smacked his head and returned to bed, scoffing at her husband’s joke.