Locker Buddies

Secret Destiny

RINGGGG

 

“Class dismissed.” Mr. Kim said and walked out the door.

 

I packed up my books and stood up. Mark got up and swung his backpack over his shoulder. I had first, second, and last period with him, also including lunch.

 

‘I guess it’s not that bad since he’s quiet and doesn’t bother me, on top of that he’s pretty cute.’ I shook my head. What was I thinking?

 

Mark pushed in his chair making me wake up from my thoughts. I blinked a couple times as I saw Mark head to the door. I grabbed my backpack and followed behind.

 

I walked to my locker and saw Mark opening the locker next to mine.

 

‘We’re locker buddies?” I shrugged and opened my locker getting out my homework. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

 

‘Can’t pick you up today, sorry kiddo’

 

-Gukkie oppa

 

I let out a small sigh and closed my locker. I popped a lollipop inside my mouth and left the building. I put on my headphones and walked to the beat. I was about to cross the corner when I heard something rolling behind me. I turned around to see an empty skate board rolling down the hill. I stopped it with my foot and kicked it up.

 

I saw Mark at the top of the hill running down. He ran down and came up to me. He looked down in embarrassment and slightly bowed before taking his skateboard. I couldn’t help but chuckle. I continued to walk down the street with a small smile on my face.

 

I got to my street and walked up to my front door.

 

“Gukkie oppa, are you home yet?” I took of my shoes and headphones.

 

“Hey Suji baby~” Daehyun walked up to me.

 

“Hey Dae, what are you doing here?” I walked to the kitchen.

 

“Aren’t you happy to see me?” Daehyun followed.

 

“Sure why not.” I took a sip of water.

 

“I’ve been gone for a month and that’s the kind of greeting I get?” Daehyun crossed his arms.

 

“I’m just kidding, welcome back~” I chuckled and poked his stomach. “Dang oppa, have you been working out?”

 

“That’s better.” Daehyun smiled as he engulfed me in a hug. “And yes, yes I have.” He smirked. I scoffed but laughed at his cockiness.

 

“How was Japan?”

 

“It was pretty great. I didn’t really do much since I was working in the same studio for the whole month.” I nodded.

 

“Do you know where Gukkie oppa went?”

 

“He went out to go to the studio with Channie hyung.” Daehyun jumped on the couch. “Did my baby make any new friends at school today?”

 

“Nah, none of them seem worth enough talking to.” I thought of Mark but decided not to mention him.

 

“Stop being so anti-social, make some new friends or at least a friend.”

 

“I’m good with just having you guys.” I took a seat next to Daehyun. Daehyun scoffed but smiled.

 

“Oh yeah, the hyungs and I are going to a club tonight. Wanna join?”

 

“Nah, I’ll just stay home. I have a lot of homework to finish anyways.”

 

“Ok, Imma go now. Bye kiddo.” Daehyun ruffled my hair and left the house. I shook my head and smiled to myself.