My little showcase 3:)

Playboy & Bad boy meets the Tough girl

 

Kris

I don’t know why I was being so nice to Sumin. When has she ever been nice to me? I don’t think her calling me ‘oppa’ really counts.

Back to the scene, I’m hugging Sumin right now as she’s crying in my embrace. The fire on this place isn’t changing. Then… Sumin suddenly felt limp.

“Sumin?” I tried calling her.

She didn’t answer. I saw her eyes close and her hand that was holding onto my shoulder fell to the ground. I almost panicked.

“Yah, Yah! Yah, Joo Sumin!” I shook her but she didn’t respond. “Aish… “

I picked her up bridal style and took her back to my car. I tried making sure she sat straight, well, close enough. I put on her seatbelt and closed her side of the door for her.

I swear, I’m acting too much of a gentleman today.

I got in the driver’s seat and put on my seatbelt and closed the door. I started the engine and took one more look at Sumin. She’s still unconscious. She actually looked kind of peaceful. A hair strand was covering a part of her face, I was about to fix that before I stopped myself.

No, I shouldn’t do this.

I ignored my conflicting thoughts and just drove. I drove all the way to the school since I know the hospital will be too crowded with the victims of the fire. I parked my car in the available parking lot and since it was night time, most of the students were in their dorms, library, or out having fun. So, there weren’t any students when I went all the way to the clinic.

When I got there, the nurse was surprised to see me carrying a girl.

“Mr. Wu, I wasn’t expecting you. What did you do with this girl this time?” The nurse, Mrs. Kang said as she stood up.

“Wha-What? I wouldn’t do that Mrs. Kang. And besides, I’m actually helping her.” I stated.

“Since when do you help?” She asked with a raised brow.

“Let’s just say I kind of owe her,” I said.

Mrs. Kang looked doubtful but she just nodded her head.

“Okay then, and then let’s say I’m helping you because I owe you for sending a lot of kids to my office,” she said as she took out her clipboard.

“At least you won’t get bored of your job,” I said.

“Just put her on one of the available beds. Leave the rest to me,” She said with a smile.

“Yes, Mrs. Kang,” I followed her orders and put Sumin on one of the beds on the left side.

“You should probably wait outside if you’re willing to,” she said as she began examining Sumin, “What’s the patient’s name?”

“Joo Sumin.” I replied.

Mrs. Kang flinched, “Joo Sumin? The tough girl? I’m surprised you’d be helping her, Mr. Wu.”

“I told you,” I was getting annoyed, “It’s because I owe her.”

“Whatever you say Mr. Wu,” Mrs. Kang wasn’t the ordinary nurse. She knows how to have fun and how to comment.

I walked away and sat on one of the chairs. I began to think about what happened a while ago. Sumin looked so heartbroken. Did that place have some kind of connection to her? If it did, what was it? Then I yawned. Man, they’re taking too long. I took out my phone and saw a text from Kai.

 

Hyung, have u seen Joo Sumin?
Fr: Kai

I texted back.

Why?
To: Kai

I waited for a while and he replied.

She got into some trouble with her two childhood friends. And now, they want me to tell her something.
Fr: Kai

Why don’t you just call her, or text her?
To: Kai

She won’t answer. I was hoping you might have an idea where she might be.
Fr: Kai

Why me?  -_-
To: Kai

 

But before I could get his reply, Mrs. Kang called me.

“Mr. Wu, Ms. Joo woke up, she’s asking for you,” She called… somewhere.

“Yes, Mrs. Kang,” I replied and got up towards Sumin’s bed.

And there she was, lying down with her eyes half-open. A little red and puffy her eyes were. When I was close to the bed, her eyes looked at me with a blank expression.

“Ms. Joo got emotionally exhausted, thus she fainted. Right now, she needs some rest and she should be fine somewhere later tonight, now excuse me you two. I’m going to get Ms. Joo’s papers. You two can―” she paused, “talk things out, while I’m gone.”

“Thanks Mrs. Kang~” I said sarcastically.

I turned back to Sumin and she’s still looking at me with those unreadable eyes and expression.

“Thank you… Kris…” Sumin said weakly.

“Don’t mention it. No seriously, don’t mention it, if someone finds out I did this, it could ruin my reputation,” I said. Sumin didn’t say anything. She just lay there.  Here comes the pity trip. “Sumin, you don’t have to answer me if you don’t want to. But… what was that place? Why were you so affected by it?”

Sumin’s expression didn’t change, “Kris… that place… was like a second home to me.”

“Huh? What do you mean?” I asked.

Her second home?

“That place… was an orphanage. The orphanage has weak stability both financially and in credit. The orphanage would’ve closed down a long time ago if it wasn’t for…” her voice was getting weaker and weaker, “If it wasn’t for the donations my family made. But that place… that place really made me happy…” She looked like she was about to cry again, “Tell me Kris, why is it that you comforted me at that time? Why did you bother to take me here?”

I don’t really know myself.

“I guess it because… I suffered a similar tragedy,” I confessed, “It was during my 8th birthday party. We had a big party in my backyard. All my cousins and relatives came. I was so happy. Especially that my favorite cousin― and my best friend, also came,” I bit my lip as I remembered that moment, “then, when I had to blow my candles on my really big cake… an intruder came with a lighter and set my birthday decorations on fire. The intruder was caught, he’s dead now. But… it took some time before the fire disappeared. Not only that… some suffered some causality… but… my favorite cousin, he didn’t make it. He died on my birthday.”

Sumin looked at me with empathy. She then sat up straight and looked at me straight in the eye. She then leaned forward and whispered, “I’m sorry, and thank you,”

 

 

ƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪ

 

When I got back to my room, Tao was sitting on the couch watching TV.

“Oh you’re back. Why so late?” Tao asked.

“Not now Tao, I’ll tell you in the morning…” I said sluggishly. I felt tired today.

“Oh, really? Is it because you took your time with Joo Sumin?”

I tripped over some books, and jumped at the pain. “H-How did you know that?” I can’t believe I stuttered!

“I didn’t,” Tao confessed.

I looked at him with a look of annoyance, “Alright, you got me,” I said with my hands up, “I was―”

“Taking Sumin to the burnt down orphanage, then after that, she fainted and you took her to the clinic where you confessed on why you helped her because of what happened on your 8th birthday?”

I looked at Tao with big eyes and with my mouth open, I smiled, “I swear, you spend too much time with Ilhoon-shi,” I said as I approached him.

“Well, Ilhoon is my partner for the rest of the year.” He replied.

“Have you seen Kai?” I asked as I sat on the couch next to him.

“He didn’t text you?”

“No, why? What did he say?”

Tao then smiled at me. A smile that was cute, but dangerous.

“He went to prepare something. He’s part of the showcase for next week, remember?”

The showcase, I forgot of the showcase. Hmmm… this gives me an idea.

 


Sorry for making you guys wait, here it is. Have any idea what's Kris's 'idea'?

Thanks again to all my subscribers and readers!

Oh, and here's a shop I'm co-authoring, it's where your imagination can go wild!~ I mean it, it's only limit is , meaning, we don't do .

Where wisdom meets imagination!~ :DDDDDDDDDDD

Here: †ATHENA†™ Oneshot Request Shop |