Something’s definitely not right.

Playboy & Bad boy meets the Tough girl

 

 

 

 

Kai

Where is that girl?!

I sighed in frustration as I headed for first period. I’ve been looking for Sumin since yesterday all because I was being nice by helping her with her two childhood friends’ problem but now I’m the one caught in the middle.

That girl owes me big time.

When I entered my classroom, my usual crowd of fan girls came at me with the usual comments and gifts. I thanked some of them and received some of their gifts but I just dumped them all onto my table and went to the four queenkas in our class.

When I was in front of them, they smiled at me, but Hyuna just smirked.

“Do you need something, Kai-shi?” Hyuna asked.

“Do you know where Sumin is?” I asked. I tried to make my expression serious and my tone as well.

“Sumin who?”

“You know very well I mean Joo Sumin. Not any other Sumin.” I answered.

Hyuna looked at Hyejeong, Dasom and Suzy.

“Sumin went to attend a funeral Kai-shi.” Suzy answered.

“A funeral? You’re not joking?” I asked.

“Why would I joke about such a thing?” Suzy shot back.

I forgot how annoying queenkas can be. Especially if you don’t give them amusing questions or statements.

“There was an orphanage a bit far from here that burned down just yesterday. And I heard that Sumin’s family was the one who was giving the orphanage enough donations to keep it stable.” Hyejeong said.

Wait, orphanage? Could that orphanage be…

“I also heard that Sumin spent a lot of time there in the orphanage playing with the kids. Tsk, tsk, she must’ve been really heartbroken knowing that not many of them survived.” Dasom said with a sad expression.

“And those kids don’t even have any parents.” Hyuna bowed her head.

At that moment, the teacher came in.

“Alright class, take your seats.” Mr. Hyun was one of those strict teachers so we all quickly went to our seats.  Another fact about Mr. Hyun is that he hates me because I’m absolutely the worst at History and Mr. Hyun teaches History. I’m almost at the bottom when it comes to History. Mr. Hyun was scanning the class as well as flipping through his papers. “Where’s Ms. Joo?”

“She’s attending a funeral, Mr. Hyun.” Suzy answered.

Mr. Hyun looked doubtful but since Suzy answered right away, he might’ve believed her.

“Alright then…” I could hear some whispers in the class. “Mr. Kim Jongin.”

“Ne?” I lazily answered. And I could tell he was not pleased.

“Mr. Yeon wants to see you during lunch. He has something to talk to you about.”

 

ƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪƪ

 

Don’t blame me for being a little nervous. Seeing the strict Math teacher during lunch? Who wouldn’t be a little nervous?

“Try not to offend him too much.” Kris said.

“And try not to get into trouble.” Tao said.

“Thanks for the support.” I said sarcastically.

I entered the classroom he was in and he was looking through his papers and he looked up at me with a not amused look.

“Ah, Mr. Kim. I have something to talk to you about. Though I’m surprised you actually came in time.” He put down his papers and looked up at me.

I felt a sweat go down my forehead. “Well, why would I miss this conversation with you, Mr. Yeon?” I think he knew I was being sarcastic.

“Anyways, I’m afraid you won’t be able to attend the showcase, Mr. Kim.”

“WHAT?!” I startled him a bit. I composed myself. “I mean… why Mr. Yeon?”

“Well, concerning your grades in Math, you might have to take a retest of your last test, Mr. Kim.” He leaned back on his chair. “And that retest will happen on the day of the showcase.”

“WHAT?! I mean… why does it have to be on the day of the showcase, Mr. Yeon?” I asked, my frustration growing.

“Well, the rest of the days are filled, and only those who have a passing grade can go to the showcase.” Mr. Yeon explained. “Don’t worry, you won’t be alone, others will also be taking the retest.

“Why can’t I do it this weekend?” I asked. Today was Thursday, and I didn’t have that many plans on the weekends.

“You can’t because the school will be closed on the weekends. Most of the teachers will be gone for a Teacher’s trip while the others will be gone as mentors for those who will be joining contests.”

“B-But… There’s must be a way…” I can’t afford to not attend the showcase, I worked so hard!

“Well, unless you pass the test for tomorrow, then I suppose you will still be able to attend―”

“Really?! Oh, thank you Mr. Yeon! I promise, I’ll study hard and pass that test with flying colors!” I dashed out of the room and stopped right in front of Tao and Kris.

“What happened?” Kris asked.

“I’m going to take a retest in Math and that retest will happen on the day of the showcase. If I don’t pass the Math test tomorrow, I’m going to take the retest.” I blabbered.

I wonder if I made any sense.

“Uh…. Can you repeat that? I don’t think I got it.” Tao asked with a confused look.

I repeated what I said slower and clearer.

“Now the only problem I have is that I won’t be able to get everything on my own…” I rubbed my chin thinking of anyone that could help me,   “Can you guys help―”

“Well, look at the time, it’s almost time for PE class, I need to get going now, bye Kai!” Tao said quickly and ran off.

“And I’ve got… stuff to do…” Kris also abandoned me.

“Traitors” I muttered.

I could always ask one of the girls to help me but they’ll probably only try to make a move on me and we won’t get anything done! I need someone who won’t fall for me, someone who won’t get distracted or make a move on me. I could try one of the queenkas, but the queenkas hate me. Why? Long story. I could ask one of the guys, but they don’t really like me or are intimidated by me.

Well, I shouldn’t waste my time on just thinking on who can help me but I’ve got to get started.

I started in the library and began getting all the Math books that might help me in studying. When I went to get a book from the third shelf, I saw someone that shouldn’t be here.

“Sumin?” I called her but she didn’t respond. I stepped closer and called her again. But when I looked closer, she was wearing headphones. No wonder she didn’t respond. “Yah.” I removed her head set and she looked at me with a surprised look but her face returned to the normal poker face when she realized it was me.

“What do you want Kai-shi?” She asked silently and continued reading her book. This gave me an idea. I could've just scolded her for yesterday but I'll do that another time. 

“Well, here’s the thing, Sumin-ah,” I wrapped my arm around her shoulders, she felt a bit cold, “I’m kind of failing Math… and Mr. Yeon won’t let me attend the showcase unless I pass the test tomorrow.”

“So?” Wow, this girl must really not care what happens to me. She removed my arm.

“So… I need someone to help me in Math because I don’t think I’ll be able to learn everything on my own and I was wondering..." I leaned in, "if you could help me with it.” I smiled my best smile but Sumin didn’t even bother looking at me.

“And?”

“And I don’t think anyone else will be willing to help me. If I ask one of my fangirls, I don’t think we’ll get anything done." I shook my head as I said that. Well, it’s true.

“Aw, you poor thing, well,” she closed the book she was reading, “Good luck finding someone to tutor you.” She was about to walk away when I grabbed her wrist and made her face me.

“Sumin, I think you know who I want as my tutor.” I said it as sincerely as I could and looked at her straight in the eye. She did the same. “Please Sumin, I know how good you are in almost all subjects. Please… I can’t miss the showcase.”

I’m practically begging here.

Sumin sighed. “I’ll do it on one condition.” She paused, “Delete everything of my secret. Make sure all are burned forever. And never mention it again.”

I stared at her for a moment. Should I? Then I won’t be able to use it against her. But… “Fine. I’ll do it. But you have to promise to help me.”

“I promise.” Sumin replied. “Now can you let go of my wrist?”

I let go of her wrist. I must’ve held it a bit too tight. “We’ll start now. The test is tomorrow, so we can’t waste time. I already have all the books we need, it’s on that table.” I pointed at a long mahogany table with three piles of books on them and two chairs on the right side.

After some time and a lot of Sumin’s tutoring and stuff, I was able to get a few things… but not all things.

“I think we should end things for now, Kai-shi. We can continue this after classes.” Sumin was already preparing her things and got up from her chair.

“Sure… But can we continue here again in the library? I don’t think we’ll be able to focus if we stay at either of the dorms.” I rubbed my nape. A little embarrassed. I don’t like history because I have a ton of them. 

“Fine with me. I’ll be going now.” Sumin was acting strange. She wasn’t getting angry at anything I said, or anything stupid I said. She was also very calm. Does it have something to do with the orphanage? Wait, wasn’t she attending a funeral for the orphanage? How did she get here so quickly? Unless…

“Sumin!” I grabbed her arm a bit too forcibly and fell.

“Ah!” she yelped and we landed in an awkward position.

Wait, why was I able to pull her when she’s so strong? Something’s definitely not right. 

 

 


Sorry for the long wait, I was focused on my other ff "My turmoil is my strength" And since school is coming, I'm trying to update all my ffs so I won't get distracted when school starts.

Anyways, what do you guys think happened to Sumin?

What will happen in the next chapter?