Chapter 8

Read My Mind

Blinded by tears, Jinki stepped on the edge of the platform, ready to jump, when he was pulled back. He turned around and was stunned to see a five year old. That little boy just looked at him and said, '
ahjussi, uljimaseyo'. The child's innocence touched Jinki's heart, and his face automatically broke into a small smile. He didn't want to die anymore. There was someone who cared about him. He sat down on a bench, with the boy, and spoke to him. There was something about that boy which calmed him down. It turned out that his name was Junho. Just then he heard his name and looked up. 

Jonghyun was running all over the station, trying to find his Jinki, when he saw him sitting on a bench. Filled with relief, he called out, 'Jinki-ah, mianhae'. 

Jinki was overcome with emotion. It was Jonghyun. He had come to find him. That meant.....that meant he actually cared about him. He almost flew into Jonghyun's outstretched arms and buried his face in his shoulder. He felt safe in Jonghyun's arms. He pulled away and turned around to find that Junho was nowhere to be found. Where was that child? He looked around for a few minutes and then wondered if he had imagined him. There was something that seemed awfully familiar about Junho. He owed his life to that child. 

Jonghyun noticed Jinki staring at the bench, and then looking around frantically. Was he experiencing a concussion? Never mind, he would take him home and take care of him. It was time Jinki knew how Jonghyun really felt about him. Jinki looked at him and said, 'Jonghyun-ah, thank you for finding me'. 

Jinki didn't care about how Jonghyun had known where to look for him. He was more than happy to just be with him. He looked up when Jonghyun suddenly squeezed his hand. 'Jinki-ah, I'm sorry about everything. You have no idea how much you mean to me. I almost lost you today, and I will never let that happen again. You're mine, and I'm yours. I....I love you, Jinki-ah'. Jinki's heart almost burst with joy. Jonghyun's words were enough. He just wouldn't care about that picture any longer. Why should he? Jonghyun loved him. That was enough. The man he loved, loved him back. What more could he ask for? 

Jonghyun had Jinki's note in his pocket, and he knew that he would always keep it with him. It was his way of punishing himself. He would show Jinki how much he loved him. He would never let Jinki experience sadness again. Jinki was like a shy little child again. Jonghyun loved how warm he felt when Jinki touched him in any way. They had reached Jonghyun's house, and he made them dinner. After dinner, he carried Jinki into his bed. Jinki stretched under the covers and fell asleep immediately. Why was Jinki so beautiful? Jonghyun wanted to take care of him forever. He fondled an errant lock of hair on Jinki's forehead and smiled broadly when Jinki cuddled closer to him, in his sleep. He cradled Jinki in his arms, and fell asleep, with Jinki's head on his chest.