Chapter 10

Read My Mind

Jonghyun awoke the next morning and fervently wrote a letter to Kibum, who was due to arrive in a few days. He tried to explain as much as he could about Jinki. What would Kibum think? He had always had a bit of a temper. This was not going to end well. 

Meanwhile, Kibum was packing his suitcase, and thinking of Jonghyun. He smiled as he remembered how they had first met. It was when they were in college. To be honest, Jonghyun had never really sparked his fancy at first. He (Kibum) was always more into sporty guys, but he had been hooked when he heard Jonghyun sing. From that moment, he knew that Jonghyun was going to be his. He noticed that Jonghyun really didn't seem as open as he was, so he made the first move. As soon as Jonghyun got off the stage, Kibum walked up to him and uttered the words 'Let's go out'. As he had expected, Jonghyun just smiled and blushed, which proved that he seemed to like him too. Things had just gone on from there. He was very fond of Jonghyun but wasn't in love with him. Kibum wondered who this Jinki was, who had replaced him. The feeling of being replaced really wasn't good, so it was obvious that he had to find a boyfriend soon. First, he had to meet this Jinki and see if he was really the right man for Jonghyun. He had to be tested. For Jonghyun's sake, Kibum wished this Jinki person would pass the test. Tested, tasted....haha Whatever it was, Kibum was sure it would be fun. For him, at least. He should feel angry because his man had been taken away from him; but surprisingly, Kibum found himself anticipating his meeting with Jinki.

Kibum exited the airplane and made his way to the hotel that Jonghyun had booked him into. After resting for a while, he walked to Jonghyun's office and was greeted by a really handsome boy who informed him that Jonghyun had gone out. Now, who could this cutie be? Well, well...so this was the famous Jinki. Jonghyun certainly had taste; he had to give him that much. It was time to test Jinki. Would he pass or fail? Only time would tell.

Jinki was shocked when this random handsome man grabbed his waist. What was going on? Who the heck was this guy and what did he want? He almost cringed when the guy brought his lips near his (Jinki's) ear and murmured, 'Come here, handsome. Let's take a good look at you. So, it seems like our Jonghyun likes you, huh? Well, I'll be the judge of that'. What? Did he know Jonghyun? Who was this guy? What was he going to do? Jinki desperately wanted to escape from this place. He really didn't like the way that guy was eyeing him. As though he was the last piece of sushi. This was wrong. He just had to get away from this crazy person. 

Kibum wanted to laugh at the way Jinki resembled a frightened little rabbit at that moment. He looked absolutely loveable. Jonghyun had done well, but he had to see if Jinki deserved Jonghyun's love or not. The poor little bunny. He watched Jinki's eyes widen with fear as he grabbed his hand and pulled him close. Kibum moulded him against his body and his hair gently. It was time. Smiling a little, he pressed his lips firmly against Jinki's and was surprised by what happened next. What the hell...? That little wildcat. Never in his life had he ever been punched in the face. After gingerly wiping the blood away from his nose, he stood up straight and smiled. Jinki had passed the test. He looked at the trembling boy and said, 'My name is Kibum. Tell Jonghyun that I was here', as he walked out and shut the door behind him.

 Jinki breathed a sigh of relief before the gravity of what he had done sunk in. Oh no. This was the guy who had written the letter. Was he after Jonghyun? If so, why would he want to touch him (Jinki)? Jonghyun was not going to be pleased; that was for sure. Just then, Jonghyun entered, and Jinki stammered while telling him what had happened.

Although Jonghyun was happy at how loyal Jinki was, he really didn't know how to face Kibum again. Beads of sweat trickled down the side of his face as he contemplated what he should say to comfort Kibum. He had a flaming temper, and to top it all off, Jinki had probably broken his nose. What was going to happen? His phone rang and he glanced at it to see who was calling him. Kibum. This was not going to end well. He was sure of it.