Chapter 6

Read My Mind

Boy, that guy was too sassy for his own good. But Jonghyun was too happy to focus on that. When he moved towards Jinki, he was pushed away. What was wrong with that guy? What did he (Jonghyun) do wrong?

Jinki felt a little bad when he saw the sad expression on Jonghyun's face. But he knew that he couldn't really go all the way with him just yet. It was way too early for that. Judging from the expression on Jonghyun's face, he had hit a nerve. He pulled Jonghyun into a hug and caressed the side of his face. 

Jonghyun suddenly felt a lot better. Perhaps it was better to wait. It would be worth it. Of course. Jinki would be worth the wait. He looked at his watch and remembered his meeting, the following day. He kissed the top of Jinki's head, and slowly walked home. 

The next morning, Jinki went to work to find a whole bunch of unopened letters on his table. Sigh, he would have to keep track of Jonghyun's mail now, too. This was just great. What an amazing start to the day. He picked up the first envelope and opened it. It was from someone named Kibum. It didn't seem official, so Jinki assumed that it was personal. Overcome by curiosity, he opened it. Strange, Jonghyun had never mentioned him. The letter said, 'Jagiya, I'm coming to Hanguk for a week. Let's spend time together. It would be like the old days. Do you remember how much fun we used to have? Book a room at some hotel, and if you're lucky, I'll teach you everything I know. Who knows, I might even let you spend the night. Let's have fun. Kisses, Kibum'. Who was this guy? An ex? He didn't seem like one. What if....Jonghyun had a boyfriend? He sank into a chair, feeling as though he had just had all of his breath knocked out of him. He felt like a . No, a cheap . There was only one way to know for sure. He would have to check inside Jonghyun's desk drawers. To find out if what he thought was right. He slowly crept to the desk and opened the first drawer. He heard the sound of approaching footsteps and closed it quickly. He would have to check it later. 

Jonghyun strode into his office to find Jinki there, with a sort of sad expression on his face. What was wrong now? He felt Jinki recoil when he touched him and was really hurt. What had happened to his gentle Jinki? Now, he could see the hurt in Jinki's eyes, along with a fire. One that wasn't there before. Was something wrong? Had he done something wrong? Why wouldn't Jinki let him touch him? What had he done? If he had somehow infuriated Jinki, then it was better to leave him alone. Jonghyun stood up, and quietly murmured that he would go home, and left his office. 

Good. This was his chance. He just had to find out the truth. He ran his hand over Jonghyun's mahogany desk before summoning the courage to open the first drawer. It opened, with a creaking noise and was filled with visiting cards, some books, and an MP3 player. Was he just imagining it all? Maybe he was wrong. Jinki wiped off the sweat from his brow before settling down on the big leather chair, to think. Could he be wrong? That was it. He had to be wrong. Jonghyun was upset and hurt because of him. He just had to go after him and apologize. As he stood up, he knocked over a bound book. He bent down to pick it up when he noticed a polaroid sticking out of it. He took it out to find 'Kibum + Jonghyun' written on it, along with a date. Wait, that was a week before he had met Jonghyun. With trembling fingers, he turned the polaroid over, praying that it wouldn't be what he thought it was. He slowly opened his eyes and found that he had difficulty breathing. He almost felt a physical pain tear through his heart. Clutching his chest, he sank to the floor, then all the lights went out. The polaroid floated to the ground, revealing a picture of Jonghyun kissing a handsome blonde man.